Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Info About Injectors And Dlls

What is an injector?

An injector is a program used to inject a .DLL into the specific process that a game runs on.

There are many types of injectors, there are some that can inject multiple .DLLs into one (or maybe even multiple processes, but that's rare) process, then there are others that are made to inject specific processes into specific processes and will not work any other way.

What is this Process you speak of?

A process is essentially the backbone of a program. to my understanding anyway.

wikipedia says:
    A computer program itself is just a passive collection of instructions, while a process is the actual execution of those instructions. Several processes may be associated with the same program; for example, opening up several instances of the same program often means more than one process is being executed. In the computing world, processes are formally defined by the operating system (OS) running them and so may differ in detail from one OS to another.

what i gain from the above is that a process is what actually makes the game (or browser, or any thing for that matter) use the instructions from the program.

What does it do when i inject a .dll into a process?

it depends on the .dll, for this, lets say a simple speed hack. with 3 options for the speed.

when you inject the .dll into the Combat Arms process, it tells the process to change the way it acts, aka make your character run faster. when you select option 1, the .dll you injected will then tell engine.exe to make your character go at that speed. option 2 and 3 will do the same.

What is Combat Arms' process?

Combat arms runs off a process known as Engine.exe, cap sensitive. all .dlls are injected into this process.

What is a .DLL?

google define says a .dll can be defined as follows:

Dynamic-link library (also written without the hyphen), or DLL, is Microsoft's implementation of the shared library concept in the Microsoft ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.dll
    is Dynamic Link Library, a set of functions that can be executed, or data that can be used by a Windows application. ...
    visualbasic.abou*****m/library/blGlossa.htm
    (Dynamic Link Library) A library of functions stored on your hard drive that allows programs to use its resources, memory, disk drive etc. ...
    www.greyfoxwebworks.com/webterms.html
    Dynamically Linked Library, a library linked to an executable program at run-time.
    Glossary and General Information
    Dynamic-Link Library. In general, a DLL is a file that contains one or more functions that are compiled, linked, and stored separately from the ...
    ops.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficanalysistools/tat_vol4/glossary.htm
    A Windows platform file that is actually an executable mini-program itself that is NOT executed directly by a user but by a running program or ...
    EBTCO - Glossary
    A file of functions, compiled, linked, and saved seperately from the processes that use them. Functions in DLLs can be used by more than one ...
    Printing Terms Dictionary :: Dave Groth
    Dynamic Linked Library. Used to integrate multiple programs and provide the impression of a single product. ...
    The BI Verdict: - Analyses
    An executable code module for Microsoft Windows that can be loaded on demand and linked at run time, and then unloaded when the code is no longer ...
    Microsoft TechNet: Resources for IT Professionals
    A CFM shared library extension to the Device Manager, which installs and removes drivers.
    developer.apple.com/DOCUMENTATION/hardware/DeviceManagers/pci_srvcs/pci_cards_drivers/PCI_BOOK.25a.html
    Dynamic link library. A type of program file used on Windows computers. Not a stand-alone software package, but intended to be run from other ...
    textonly.kombyony*****m/glossary.htm
    Dynamic Link Library. COM server DLLs run in the same process as their clients, unless the DLL is running in a surrogate process.
    The COM / DCOM Glossary
    Dynamic Link Library. A file that contains several small programs or routines that are common to many programs such as opening a window or saving ...
    PC ComputerNotes - Glossary D
    On OS/2 and Windows operating systems, a file containing executable code and data bound to a program at load time or run time, rather than during ...
    https://www.cenapad.unicamp.br/parque...glossary/d.htm
    a Windows shared library; shared code which can be used by several running programs simultaneously and linked at run time; saves disk space and RAM

I see some .dlls in the CA folder, are these hacks?

no, they are .dlls that make up CA and tell Engine.exe how to act. not all .dlls are hacks,

.EXEs and .DLLs?

simple, but i'll explain it.

a .dll hack is a file that needs to be manually injected into Engine.exe via an injector.

a .exe hack is a program with it's own process, which injects a hack (essentially a .dll) into engine.exe. some .exes need that specified .dll in the same folder and named specifically so it can find it and inject it. while some .exes can fully inject a hack without any sort of .dll being present. (like ac1d_burns hack)

Other sorts of hacks?

some hacks you simply place in your CA folder and they auto-inject when you start combat arms.

these hacks are odd, but essentially simple. i'd give more detail but i'm not a coder myself, so i can't explain much.

hacks like this also include a .dll, but simply dont require an injector to manually inject them.

What coding languages are used?

Hacks in general

c++ is generally used in coding hacks. along with reverse engineering ( or so i've heard )

injectors

i believe most injectors are made with Visual Basic or a similar language.

.exes

are generally c++ programs, with a source code that tells it to inject a specific .dll into combat arms.
    Last edited by jeevin; 03-02-2010 at 07:50 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeevin For This Useful Post:

CRUSTY (03-02-2010),walshy155 (03-02-2010),whit (03-02-2010)

Thanks
    nice thread i guess

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by whit View Post
    nice thread i guess
    well u cud have pressed thanks atleast

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yeah, fairly good explanation