Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post

This can very easily be faked with a little Photoshop work. Highly doubt this will be approved by Upper staff regardless. One thing we can start with is disallowing the Anti-Scam title.
    I would be more than willing to upload ID

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    Scam prevention:
    Obviously the first thing that needs to happen is the middleman system come back online. It's been offline for like what a year now? You guys had plans to bring it back and it never happened.

The second thing that needs to happen is when middleman are brought back to require each middleman to make a deposit to arun / dave / liz for the amount they want to be able to middleman. This deposit has to be non-reversible (bitcoin). If you want to middleman a $500 trade you need to have given $500 to arun / dave / liz to hold. If you resign / quit / are fired (for not scamming) you get your money back 2 weeks after your departure to give time for any scam reports to arise.

Many people wont like my suggestion because they're poor, but it is a near flawless system that is hard to break.

Under this system it is literally near impossible to get scammed, and if the middleman is the one who scams we payout his deposit to the victim(s). Also I disagree with having to be vetted to become a middleman. If you look around other popular trading sites for online games / services you will see their middleman sections are open for everyone. Regulation is BAD. You should be able to charge a fee as a private middleman. If a user wants to use a middleman with 1 post and no insurance who scams them, that's his fault for being a fool and we ban the middleman. If he uses somebody trusted who has a $500 insurance and gets scammed by the middleman we payout his deposit to the victim and ban the middleman.

Also with this proposal we have offered the tools for people to not get scammed. Right now we have no tool to prevent scammers. Sure some people will not use the tools that would be offered, but at least we would have them and they have no excuse to be scammed.

Overall Suggestion:
    The marketplace has become way over regulated. Middleman are now saying whether or not an eBook is overpriced? That's absolutely ridiculous. The marketplace decides whether an eBook is overpriced, not a marketplace mod. If somebody thinks an eBook is overpriced DON'T BUY IT. It's as simple as that. If somebody thinks that not enough information is given before buying it? DON'T BUY IT. It's as simple as that. Reviewing an eBook before it is approved? Not required. If the person is not trusted a person should not buy their eBook. It's as simple as that. Requiring a staff vouch copy? Not required. If the person is not trusted a person should not buy their eBook. It's as simple as that. If my above system is implemented, if the user doesn't have insurance? Do not buy the eBook. It's as simple as that. Deregulate the marketplace, it's a fucking disaster. You guys should be here to deal with scam reports and when the middleman system comes back to middleman. Nothing more, nothing less.
    @arunforce @Dave84311
    I really like this idea.

I would be more then willing to give dave/Arun a deposit to be a MM and im sure many other users would too.
    A ton of users would love to be a middleman to help out MPGH
    I just got scammed today by vaypah for the first time, and I want to make scamming non existant!

If you don't think every day is a good day, try missing one
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Requiring ID is stupid. 90% of marketplace is illegal. Having all of that information stored at one/two sources is asking for rape.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 01-25-2017 at 04:26 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copperhorse For This Useful Post:

Mahid (01-25-2017),Officialhitman (01-25-2017)

Thanks
    Requiring ID is stupid. 90% of marketplace is illegal. Having all of that information stored at one/two sources is asking for rape.
    Totally agree, a possible leak would be a disaster

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I'm the hold up on the MM system, but I'm also looking into an escrow. Poor @Flengo
    No to IDs.

Scam prevention:
    Obviously the first thing that needs to happen is the middleman system come back online. It's been offline for like what a year now? You guys had plans to bring it back and it never happened.

The second thing that needs to happen is when middleman are brought back to require each middleman to make a deposit to arun / dave / liz for the amount they want to be able to middleman. This deposit has to be non-reversible (bitcoin). If you want to middleman a $500 trade you need to have given $500 to arun / dave / liz to hold. If you resign / quit / are fired (for not scamming) you get your money back 2 weeks after your departure to give time for any scam reports to arise.

Many people wont like my suggestion because they're poor, but it is a near flawless system that is hard to break.

Under this system it is literally near impossible to get scammed, and if the middleman is the one who scams we payout his deposit to the victim(s). Also I disagree with having to be vetted to become a middleman. If you look around other popular trading sites for online games / services you will see their middleman sections are open for everyone. Regulation is BAD. You should be able to charge a fee as a private middleman. If a user wants to use a middleman with 1 post and no insurance who scams them, that's his fault for being a fool and we ban the middleman. If he uses somebody trusted who has a $500 insurance and gets scammed by the middleman we payout his deposit to the victim and ban the middleman.

Also with this proposal we have offered the tools for people to not get scammed. Right now we have no tool to prevent scammers. Sure some people will not use the tools that would be offered, but at least we would have them and they have no excuse to be scammed.

Overall Suggestion:
    The marketplace has become way over regulated. Middleman are now saying whether or not an eBook is overpriced? That's absolutely ridiculous. The marketplace decides whether an eBook is overpriced, not a marketplace mod. If somebody thinks an eBook is overpriced DON'T BUY IT. It's as simple as that. If somebody thinks that not enough information is given before buying it? DON'T BUY IT. It's as simple as that. Reviewing an eBook before it is approved? Not required. If the person is not trusted a person should not buy their eBook. It's as simple as that. Requiring a staff vouch copy? Not required. If the person is not trusted a person should not buy their eBook. It's as simple as that. If my above system is implemented, if the user doesn't have insurance? Do not buy the eBook. It's as simple as that. Deregulate the marketplace, it's a fucking disaster. You guys should be here to deal with scam reports and when the middleman system comes back to middleman. Nothing more, nothing less.
    @arunforce @Dave84311
    Yeah! Not only are they working for free, we will take their money from them too! Flocks of people will be lining up around the corner. Brilliant!

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (01-26-2017),[MPGH]Flengo (01-25-2017),Freeze (02-06-2017),[MPGH]Hova (01-25-2017),Hunter (01-26-2017),Officialhitman (01-25-2017),[MPGH]Psychotic (01-26-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Ok I have an idea - but not sure how it would work or if it could work?

The marketplace seller (Physical goods) should do a deposit into an escrow or some sort of holding spot? That way if he scams the money can come out of that amount - if he is legit he takes his money back?

Not sure just an idea

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post
    Other then the obvious middle man there are some things that should change.

#1 The way vouch copies and vouching is done.

Normally if a user such as vaypah opens a expensive SE service that costs over lets say $50
    I think regardless of posts etc they should have to give a vouch copy and user cannot sell untill it's fufilled. And there should be a section that pending user services go where the minions of the section take the vouch copies etc. This also prevents users that just spam post for 1500 to get vouch copies.

#2 Keeping track of how many orders have been taken.

I'm not really sure exactly this would work but some sort of poll or something that would track how many sales have happened.

All in all there will always be a way to scam and scammers to do it. But we should prevent most of them. unfortunately we are alot like the police as we are a reaction-force, something has to happen for any changed to be made.
    YES!
    he opened an SE service for EVGA and gave a vouch copy to his friend. NO ONE questioned this which was a big problem and the guy who he gave a vouch too never posted

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    MM service is only good up to some extent, they will get a load of useless calls and requests for cheap stuff.
    they will then need to hire more people but that won't do, what if one of the people pulls some shit and scams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regarding Vaypah's scam, he signed up in 2016 and his activity went up every since he came to the marketplace, i already researched his profile and was suspicious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever recommended the deposit, It's not going to work. You have people who have been on the forums for one or two years trying to take on positions like these?
    I'm sorry but i wouldn't trust a guy whose been here only for 1-2 years to be charge.

------------------- @Hova

yall need a better admin system, better membership system.
    play around with your rules a bit regarding threads.
    Add me on IM
    Add me on IM

If you would like to Vouch For me
    Tutorial on HOW to SE FitBit

If you don't think every day is a good day, try missing one
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I'm the hold up on the MM system, but I'm also looking into an escrow. Poor @Flengo
    No to IDs.

Yeah! Not only are they working for free, we will take their money from them too! Flocks of people will be lining up around the corner. Brilliant!
    "You should be able to charge a fee as a private middleman."
    I see no reason for staff appointed middleman other than to do scam reports if we open middle manning to everyone. There will be plenty of trustful people who will have insurance who would be willing to do it for free, and some would do it for a fee. I have no problem with the current middleman charging a fee if they paid some sort of insurance, as long as it's not a monopoly and it's opened to the free market for everyone to middleman. Maybe the specific people you have now will not pay an insurance fee, but I guarantee you there are plenty of people who aren't middleman who would. Would probably have x2 or x3 the amount of middleman WITH insurance than we currently have now WITHOUT. Not saying I don't trust the middleman we have now, but they can go rouge at any moment and scam for any amount whenever middlemanning comes out without any real consequences (besides being banned).
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 01-25-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliest_aladdin View Post
    yall need a better admin system, better membership system.
    play around with your rules a bit regarding threads.
    Not sure what you mean, can you clarify?

Thanks
    And most people would upload faked documents as well.

Thanks
    Alright, so before you start reading, there’s one thing that must be made clear:

That no matter how well you try to prevent people from getting scammed, they will. However, you can implement certain rules and restrictions to make it a lot harder for people to get scammed (especially exit-scams). At the end of the day, greed is human nature and you can never truly trust people over the internet.

I’ve been here a short while but I’ve already seen 2 large scale exit scams by “reputable” users (CucuYeL and Vaypah). They both gained trust over time by being friendly, acting professional and overall just being extra nice to people and acting knowledgeable on certain topics.
    I personally helped around 13 different people successfully chargeback via PayPal when they got scammed by CucuYeL even though the payments were sent as Friends and family. I’ve also seen more people offering their help and services to make this Vaypah scam a little less painful to deal with.

So there remains the question of how you can make things better. How can you make traders less prone to scams? How does the MPGH staff help ensure the minimum possible risk of people being a part of something like this?

It’s going to take some effort and re-working of the way things are currently being run. For starters and something that has already been suggested by many people:

I. Middle-Man system.

I’ve already seen @arunforce ‘s reply to that, in him saying:

“Yeah! Not only are they working for free, we will take their money from them too! Flocks of people will be lining up around the corner. Brilliant!”

Obviously a very valid point. However, there are still possible solutions to this to help everyone feel rewarded, safer and to properly implement the Middle man system.

For starters, Middlemen should be charging a fee for their service. Although some sites offer this service for free, and people are free to make donations to the middleman, there’s also several sites/services that offer middleman services with a certain fee so as to not waste the Middleman’s time.

Furthermore, implementing much higher requirements and a very rigorous process for people to qualify for becoming a Middleman will further help. Some examples I can think of as requirements are:

• 5,000+ Posts.
    • At least 2 years of activity on MPGH (cumulative).
    • Preferably a moderator/minion.

That’s just rough requirements that I could think of to justify someone having that middleman tag.

II. Restricting titles.

Now what do I mean by this? Well, for example:

Most people who scam others have the Anti-scam user tag or a similar title that somehow “proves” that they’re legit. I know most traders will know that this isn’t a sign of trust but to a new user or anyone else, they may get influenced by that and put their trust into those users.
    So, simply by restricting image titles, titles and signatures that may mislead someone into thinking that the person they’re speaking with is reputable… it should further reduce the chances of new users and old ones alike from getting scammed.

III. Currency exchange requirements.

Perhaps one of the most common scam. A new/slightly known user posts a currency exchange thread. Garners interest and a real vouch from someone trustworthy and then others assuming that person is “legit”, then go on to place their orders but ultimately get scammed.

As with the middle-man requirement suggestion, I’d suggest getting at least some sort of requirement/qualifications necessary before you’re able to make a thread there. Maybe even some sort of max currency allowed to be exchanged by certain users limit would work.

IV. Vouch requirements.

Now this is something that is going to be an unpopular opinion but honestly, the vouch requirements should be higher and not solely based upon the number of posts and being here for 3 months.

Something along the lines of raising the requirements to something like this:

• 2,000 posts.
    • 5 months membership.
    • Approved by the majority of the marketplace staff.

Now that last one in there adds a bit of annoyance to both the marketplace staff and the person applying as they’ll have to go through an additional screening process. However, this will help the marketplace staff/admins to differentiate between someone who’s simply been posting to get the voucher status and someone who doesn’t “shitpost” and genuinely posts when they feel they’re making an actual suggestion/adding value to a conversation/discussion.

Those are just some of the suggestions I have and I will be making more detailed suggestions regarding this matter soon. Those were just some ideas off the top of my head that could perhaps work and help the entire MPGH community.

I'm interested in hearing what you think of these suggestions @Dave84311 , @arunforce , @Flengo , @Hero , @Hugo Boss , @Hunter , @Psychotic , @Hova , @DarkLordXYZ , @Saboteur

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ByodoM For This Useful Post:

Ally (01-26-2017),Freeze (02-06-2017),[MPGH]Hova (01-26-2017),Officialhitman (01-25-2017),zapheo (01-25-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by ByodoM View Post
    Alright, so before you start reading, there’s one thing that must be made clear:

That no matter how well you try to prevent people from getting scammed, they will. However, you can implement certain rules and restrictions to make it a lot harder for people to get scammed (especially exit-scams). At the end of the day, greed is human nature and you can never truly trust people over the internet.

I’ve been here a short while but I’ve already seen 2 large scale exit scams by “reputable” users (CucuYeL and Vaypah). They both gained trust over time by being friendly, acting professional and overall just being extra nice to people and acting knowledgeable on certain topics.
    I personally helped around 13 different people successfully chargeback via PayPal when they got scammed by CucuYeL even though the payments were sent as Friends and family. I’ve also seen more people offering their help and services to make this Vaypah scam a little less painful to deal with.

So there remains the question of how you can make things better. How can you make traders less prone to scams? How does the MPGH staff help ensure the minimum possible risk of people being a part of something like this?

It’s going to take some effort and re-working of the way things are currently being run. For starters and something that has already been suggested by many people:

I. Middle-Man system.

“Yeah! Not only are they working for free, we will take their money from them too! Flocks of people will be lining up around the corner. Brilliant!”

Obviously a very valid point. However, there are still possible solutions to this to help everyone feel rewarded, safer and to properly implement the Middle man system.

For starters, Middlemen should be charging a fee for their service. Although some sites offer this service for free, and people are free to make donations to the middleman, there’s also several sites/services that offer middleman services with a certain fee so as to not waste the Middleman’s time.

Furthermore, implementing much higher requirements and a very rigorous process for people to qualify for becoming a Middleman will further help. Some examples I can think of as requirements are:

• 5,000+ Posts.

That’s just rough requirements that I could think of to justify someone having that middleman tag.

II. Restricting titles.

Most people who scam others have the Anti-scam user tag or a similar title that somehow “proves” that they’re legit. I know most traders will know that this isn’t a sign of trust but to a new user or anyone else, they may get influenced by that and put their trust into those users.
    So, simply by restricting image titles, titles and signatures that may mislead someone into thinking that the person they’re speaking with is reputable… it should further reduce the chances of new users and old ones alike from getting scammed.

Perhaps one of the most common scam. A new/slightly known user posts a currency exchange thread. Garners interest and a real vouch from someone trustworthy and then others assuming that person is “legit”, then go on to place their orders but ultimately get scammed.

As with the middle-man requirement suggestion, I’d suggest getting at least some sort of requirement/qualifications necessary before you’re able to make a thread there. Maybe even some sort of max currency allowed to be exchanged by certain users limit would work.

IV. Vouch requirements.

Now this is something that is going to be an unpopular opinion but honestly, the vouch requirements should be higher and not solely based upon the number of posts and being here for 3 months.

• 2,000 posts.
    • 5 months membership.

Now that last one in there adds a bit of annoyance to both the marketplace staff and the person applying as they’ll have to go through an additional screening process. However, this will help the marketplace staff/admins to differentiate between someone who’s simply been posting to get the voucher status and someone who doesn’t “shitpost” and genuinely posts when they feel they’re making an actual suggestion/adding value to a conversation/discussion.

Those are just some of the suggestions I have and I will be making more detailed suggestions regarding this matter soon. Those were just some ideas off the top of my head that could perhaps work and help the entire MPGH community.

I'm interested in hearing what you think of these suggestions @Dave84311 , @arunforce , @Flengo , @Hero , @Hugo Boss , @Hunter , @Psychotic , @Hova , @DarkLordXYZ , @Saboteur
    You had to link everyone?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilYachty For This Useful Post:

Donamyas (01-27-2017),jmcdona (01-26-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

I. Middle-Man system.

• 5,000+ Posts.

II. Restricting titles.

IV. Vouch requirements.

• 2,000 posts.
    • 5 months membership.

Why are the middleman requirements lower than the vouching requirements? When reading I honestly thought that middleman should also have a reputable marketplace history.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post

Why are the middleman requirements lower than the vouching requirements? When reading I honestly thought that middleman should also have a reputable marketplace history.
    They're a lot tougher than vouching requirements? Did you misread it or... ?

Vouch requirements are:

• 2,000 posts.
    • 5 months membership.

Middle man requirements are:

• 5,000+ Posts.

As for you @LilYachty , I spent a good hour coming up with possible suggestions. I think it's smart to link the people who have the power to influence those suggestions practically.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post

Not sure what you mean, can you clarify?
    because the system is deceiving.
    Half of the of people here if not most are kids.
    Theyll look at a profile and look at the userbars of premium/ anti scam/ all of that shit that anyone could get.

as for the better admin system, an admin should've caught on when vaypah opened an EVGA service and gave a vouch to a not reputable member. but no one said anything

I. Middle-Man system.

• 5,000+ Posts.

IV. Vouch requirements.

• 2,000 posts.
    • 5 months membership.

For the Vouch requirements, 2000 posts sounds good.
    Or a LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF VOUCHES A PERSON GETS! You shouldn't be asking for 5-10 vouches a day. Sitting on a computer waiting for a new service/shop

5 months isn't enough. Anyone could join get posts. I say 6 months LEAST to a year.

As for Middle man.

Post count isn't a huge deal as long as its not 1000<
    but 2 years is too little, i suggest at least 3-4 years,
    No fucking kids, no one thats younger than 18.

just my two cents ^
    Last edited by Fliest_aladdin; 01-26-2017 at 12:39 AM.
    Add me on IM
    Add me on IM

If you would like to Vouch For me
    Tutorial on HOW to SE FitBit

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    • MM ( @DarkLordXYZ : soon coming )
    • Approval method - To be approved you need to do the service for 1 staff member ( you are here to make money, 1 free order will not kill you if you are legit)
    • Vouch copy for 1500+ post users - OK, but Vouch copy for service over 50$ to be only for staff members (fuck the shitposters like @0rbitz )
    • On second (real) scam reported, the reported person to be banned from market place for some time, and on 3rd report - banned from here
    • Video proof for SE'ed items
    • Scammers info will be shared publicly (not only the greatest scammers)

"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. […] My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, millennium-it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
    -The Sith Emperor

Member - 06.05.2010
    Premium Member - 08.12.2015
    News Force - 24.10.2016 / 26.03.2018
    Publicist - 06.12.2017 / XX.XX.2018
    Battlefield Minion - 23.12.2017
    GTA Minion - 23.01.2018

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast