Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

AE is bad at releases

So let me start this on a funny note. Found this on the most recent design notes:

It's funny and all but then I started thinking, man AE is bad at reviewing their releases.

The most recent case is the void highlord which is really underwhelmiing (marginally better than what is currently out x end-game level quests = gonna be so power creeped that it is a joke within a year) and so many changes had to happen just before and after the release.

I also remember archpaladin going through a similar thing before it was buffed. Thankfully, it was buffed and is considered a really good hard boss solo class.

Now I wonder with these three examples fresh in my mind, how many other cases are there? What other releases were epic fails? How many had to be completely revamped? How many changed at the last moment? How many went through a series of nerfs and buffs immediately after player outcry came?

I must know
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 01-26-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I swear me and dab had some posts here. Where they at

(meh, doesn't really matter)

Thanks
    Ceremonial Void Sword being sold for 300 ACs instead of 1500, and then them bending over backwards to appease the people who got away with only paying 300 for no reason

Arcane Dark Caster class butthurt that forced them to change it from the original DC's skills
    Also when tricky exploiters bought Shadowed Dark Gunner, got ADC for free, and then sold SDG basically getting the class for 200 ACs -- nobody punished for that

Dark Caster class and Dark Caster X

Blademaster Assassin and Legion Blademaster Assassin

100% drop rates on test server... 3 or 4 times, not to mention 24x boosts and the gold cap thing

Wheel of Doom rereleasing Quibble stuff, and then subsequently Wheel of Doom leaving

SUATMR making people mad about new players winning Alpha Pirate

The whole thing involving Nulgath gen 1 and the whiny babies that continue to plague the landscape over "rare" items with no actual scarcity or value...
    (side note, they actually can track AC items being used in quests now, but it'll never happen again thanks to the merge cheat)

Oh wait, LQS shops are a thing. People who managed to shit that up by buying and reselling items to artificially decrease the amount available, eventually leading to the new site.

Shadowblast Arena used to ask for 100 Seals per Emblem, and some other stuff that made it about equal to getting Armor of Awe level of tedious before they slashed the requirements

There was also that time with the Synderes Blade of Doom where everybody found out that the guy was a botter and that was mildly controversial for a little bit

Hardcore Paragon Pet needing over 64000 hours to complete

DvN war Legion quests not needing Undead Warrior

Probably some other ones but this is a decent list

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionaea View Post
    Ceremonial Void Sword being sold for 300 ACs instead of 1500, and then them bending over backwards to appease the people who got away with only paying 300 for no reason

Arcane Dark Caster class butthurt that forced them to change it from the original DC's skills
    Also when tricky exploiters bought Shadowed Dark Gunner, got ADC for free, and then sold SDG basically getting the class for 200 ACs -- nobody punished for that

Dark Caster class and Dark Caster X

Blademaster Assassin and Legion Blademaster Assassin

100% drop rates on test server... 3 or 4 times, not to mention 24x boosts and the gold cap thing

Wheel of Doom rereleasing Quibble stuff, and then subsequently Wheel of Doom leaving

SUATMR making people mad about new players winning Alpha Pirate

The whole thing involving Nulgath gen 1 and the whiny babies that continue to plague the landscape over "rare" items with no actual scarcity or value...
    (side note, they actually can track AC items being used in quests now, but it'll never happen again thanks to the merge cheat)

Oh wait, LQS shops are a thing. People who managed to shit that up by buying and reselling items to artificially decrease the amount available, eventually leading to the new site.

Shadowblast Arena used to ask for 100 Seals per Emblem, and some other stuff that made it about equal to getting Armor of Awe level of tedious before they slashed the requirements

There was also that time with the Synderes Blade of Doom where everybody found out that the guy was a botter and that was mildly controversial for a little bit

Hardcore Paragon Pet needing over 64000 hours to complete

DvN war Legion quests not needing Undead Warrior

Probably some other ones but this is a decent list

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgy_Name View Post
    I swear me and dab had some posts here. Where they at

(meh, doesn't really matter)
    Those posts were deleted for being off topic. Was personally advised by Hugo to do so.
    I understand that Archeage was used for comparison purposes but it went too far.
    Last edited by Yuudoku; 01-28-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    To know that for the greater good they must remain the greatest threat. | Minion 11/16 - 02/17 | Vouches