Thanks

[Ranting101] Activision made 3.6Billion dollars in microtransaction sales in 2016

So GreedyVision had made 3.6Billion dollars with those shitty supply drops that kids and youtubers pay money for. It has been said that supply drops are here to stay and will never go away. Ontop of the $100 (in most countries) they charge, they want to make the game fucking pay to win so all the kids go and buy their cod-shitty-points. It has been announced that sledgehammers game will be returning back to its "traditional roots". However, I see this as a false claim because the traditional roots of the game does not have supply drops. They never had cosmetics or any other bullshit that you had to pay for. Unfortunately this is future and money is the #1 priority to any company. They must keep their shareholders happy.

Overall, they're killing CoD (it was already dead tho). By paying Youtubers to advertise their shitty supply drops, especially *cough, cough* tMartn, it lures innocent kids (most of them get manipulated by a ******) to purchasing those CoD points. It won't stop because Activision pays them Thousands upon thousands to advertise this bs. It's basically a bribe, nobody will advertise the game for "free" without something in return.

COD is taking a turn, a big turn. I hope it ends in the trashcan soon and the Franchise dies. I've never seen such a greedy company, they ruined MW;R then they ruined IW and now they're going to ruin every other game that comes out. Back to pirating it is, they don't even need my money to live. 3.6Bil in 2016 from MicroTransactions but can't even have stable servers or a STABLE game! They can't even make a game that's bug free with no exploits and then they start banning people for abusing an exploit that was in the game. I'm sure everyone will abuse an exploit once they know how to do it.

What do you guys think about COD, will it ever redeem itself or will it go to the trashcan soon?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Wtf 3.6 billion! I feel sorry for the millions of parents who got an expected credit card bill for shit drops
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    3.6billion? The number seems to be a little bit intense for me, what source have you gotten this number from?

Also, if as you claim they pay Youtubers to advertise their supply drops, I don't see how the income is clear profit.
    1) Assuming they pay Youtubers to buy their supply drops (Which makes little to no sense btw), the profit margin will be low.
    2) Assuming they pay Youtubers and supply them with the supply drops, the profit margin will be even lower since the income will purely be on those who buy the supply drops.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post
    3.6billion? The number seems to be a little bit intense for me, what source have you gotten this number from?

Also, if as you claim they pay Youtubers to advertise their supply drops, I don't see how the income is clear profit.
    1) Assuming they pay Youtubers to buy their supply drops (Which makes little to no sense btw), the profit margin will be low.
    2) Assuming they pay Youtubers and supply them with the supply drops, the profit margin will be even lower since the income will purely be on those who buy the supply drops.
    Turn on your brain.
    They pay youtubers (big ones) to open supplies.

Kids see that shit and the go and order some credits in order to open supplies too

Win?

Thats what EA was and is still doing with Fifa lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by H41822 View Post
    Turn on your brain.
    They pay youtubers (big ones) to open supplies.

Kids see that shit and the go and order some credits in order to open supplies too

Win?

Thats what EA was and is still doing with Fifa lol
    Take your time to try and understand my point using the couple of brain cells of yours.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well, in many of those crates there are items that I want. Now buying keys most of the time isn't efficient, but on games like Call of Duty you can't trade in-game items. On Rocket League (PC) I can do that. So opening supply crates, etc are what you do to get the items you want. Now I will grant you that it probably isn't the smartest thing to buy a whole bunch of keys and crates and do it that way, but still.

Even if YouTuber's were paid, I would still open them.

good point though, from your perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Call of Duty might redeem itself. Now what I believe they should do is keep the crates and keys thingy going but not make the items in those needed (nor any better) than the items you can unlock by yourself. Nobody complained about Black Ops 2 camos, nobody complained about it at all. Stuff like that is what I am willing to see. Where the supply drop gives just skins. Not any player skins, just weapon camos. And not make the camos only exclusive to the supply drop. Like they could make a camo lets say 1 dollar more expensive than taking a chance on a supply drop that might or might not get you the camo you want.

Just what I think. Then again I am not too picky and I rarely play these newer CoD's.
    I feel so sick and tired of watching this empathy. They run around these empty streets believing they have a purpose.. I just don't understand the meaning of their mission. We'll seek a day and make them stay, living inside of us. We'll suck out your poison and we'll feed on your person. We are the shadows around each and every streetline. The living dead, forever young and the soldiers of the night.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post

https://charlieintel.com/2017/02/10/...warfare-sales/

They do not pay youtubers to buy the supply drops. They pay the youtubers to open them. They literally give them free cod points and let them open it on camera. Everything they say has to be positive and they also sign a non-disclosure agreement so they can't say anything about it. There have been many rumors/videos on seeing if they actually get paid. I for one think that it's true as "Eight thoughts" has given some very good evidence against this. It may no be indefinite but it's still something to keep an eye out for. As the other guy said, they do this on Camera to their audience and because their audience is full of 12 - 15 year old, they look up to them and believe them. Because of this, we could assume just like anything else, once you see someone you like doing something you will surely try it out.

The whole scheme is to try it out and see if you get anything good, when you get bad drops and run out of money you decide to top-up again. This increases Acitivision's profit substantially as the audience can vary from 100,000 - 500,00 people. From all the money the make with game sales itself they have enough to invest for a higher outcome. It's basic marketing and almost every company does this. Go look at a video made by dunkey a years back. Microsoft paid him to say the game is good even though it was shit, he accepted but in reality made a ranting video and got in-trouble. He didn't care because he wanted to expose them for who they were. It's the same thing as paying for an advertisement spot on TV. You have to pay a shitton of money for a single adspot on a TV channel or the radio. If you took that money, divided it by the amount of youtubers they decided to pay, you'd be in a sense saving money.

Youtubers would accept any amount of money >=$1k and if an advertisement spot costed 1m for a whole week, they could pay a shit ton of youtubers like $10-20k to advertise to their fanbase. This leads them to saving money (if they decided not to display ads on TV). I'm not even sure if they do ads on TV anymore because I haven't looked at my TV for longer than 2mins before walking into my room lol. I'm sure they pay for ads still but it's just an example if they didn't. I'm sure they would've saved money paying youtubers because it's less cost for them to do actual advertising with networks.

I don't really know what you're on about. @H48122 is right and they will gain 10x more than they spent within the first week. Oh look, they made over 3.6bil in that year from Supply drops alone!

Now add that to the amount of sales they made in this game. They're fkin rich and are getting richer because of this system. Every new COD will have supply drops and for all we know, they'll be prioritizing them over the game itself. Go look at IW, they have over 500+ customizable items and they keep on adding more. Instead of wasting their time to fix bugs or improve gameplay, they add supply drops. I do know different teams work on different things but if they took that team that makes supply drops and made them do something more productive, the game would be smooth as fuck with hardly any bugs. Unfortunately that isn't how the world works and Activision will force them to keep adding their shitty micro-transactions into the game.
    Last edited by Silent; 02-21-2017 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Thought I'd fix the bold that didn't work for him C:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    you talk too much xD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mader108 View Post
    you talk too much xD
    Because I love to talk.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I still don't get how people can waste like $1k in the "chance" of getting a fucking weapon in a game they will play for a year or less.. LOL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Well how else are they going to make money lol if I were running Activision I'd want to maximize my profits.