Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

SOTM & POTM Discussion

The title says it all.

This is a general discussion thread for both Sig and Photo Of The Month events.
    I would like to hear from you guys, what you think about the event, what you would
    like to see, and just constructive feedback!

If you would like to donate for the prize money, message me. Your name will
    be posted on the News for that month's edition.

I will also keep this thread updated on news that may come up for both events as well.

Next event: [3/10/17]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dynasty For This Useful Post:

SoTheCrazy (03-09-2017)

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Well, regarding the SOTM:

officially allowing vertical sigs, extending the maximum width to 550/600 pixels and, possibly, removing the [MPGH] tag rule could be nice additions, as i mentioned on the last voting thread.

Aside that, things like adding a 'creator's comment' or allowing for a second version of the same sig (maybe it fits in multiple colors, or maybe one has the MPGH tag while the other doesn't) would be cool aswell.
    That could be done by adding a small spoiler tag next/below someone's entry, which once clicked shows notes and/or a second version of the same entry.

Lastly, having strict dates with a fixed time at which the competition ends would be greatly appreciated: right now the times are quite lax, more often than not the next SOTM thread is created days late.
    This could be eased by having someone else create the thread at the right time (if the issue is that you're busy).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Hello.

1st, Just wanted to thank for these signatures events with prizes, as there are not many forums where they do this

As I have seen, there are certain people who only vote in a certain sign for as much as shit it is only vote because they only like Pokemon or something of that sort, which becomes unfair for the other signs that were much more worked and with more difficult renders .

In my opinion something should be done about it, for example.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Can we get an anime theme for the sigs? The last few winners have been anime orientated and they, by far, have been one of the best sigs made.

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post

officially allowing vertical sigs, extending the maximum width to 550/600 pixels and, possibly, removing the [MPGH] tag rule could be nice additions, as i mentioned on the last voting thread.

Aside that, things like adding a 'creator's comment' or allowing for a second version of the same sig (maybe it fits in multiple colors, or maybe one has the MPGH tag while the other doesn't) would be cool aswell.
    That could be done by adding a small spoiler tag next/below someone's entry, which once clicked shows notes and/or a second version of the same entry.

Lastly, having strict dates with a fixed time at which the competition ends would be greatly appreciated: right now the times are quite lax, more often than not the next SOTM thread is created days late.
    This could be eased by having someone else create the thread at the right time (if the issue is that you're busy).
    - Vertical sigs will be officially added and mpgh tag will be removed.

- You as creators have to choose what you guys think is the best version of the sig. Different versions will not be added.

- For 90% of the event dates have been met. Sometimes I do let the voting run a little longer if there is a tie or I just feel it need a bit more exposure to define a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by SoTheCrazy View Post
    Hello.

1st, Just wanted to thank for these signatures events with prizes, as there are not many forums where they do this

As I have seen, there are certain people who only vote in a certain sign for as much as shit it is only vote because they only like Pokemon or something of that sort, which becomes unfair for the other signs that were much more worked and with more difficult renders .

In my opinion something should be done about it, for example.
    - My pleasure.

- Thats something that can't be controlled. People will vote for what they like. If you see tends, then take that as a advantage a create something you know people will like.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Can we get an anime theme for the sigs? The last few winners have been anime orientated and they, by far, have been one of the best sigs made.
    I think we had a recent Anime Theme SOTM event. I will double-check. If we have not made a anime theme then I'll choose that for next event.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

I disagree completely with the size requirements 300x500 or 500x300 vertical or horizontal.

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
    - Vertical sigs will be officially added and mpgh tag will be removed.

- You as creators have to choose what you guys think is the best version of the sig. Different versions will not be added.

- For 90% of the event dates have been met. Sometimes I do let the voting run a little longer if there is a tie or I just feel it need a bit more exposure to define a winner.
    I partially disagree with the second point.
    When i make an image i'm making it suit my screen, which happens to have good image quality.
    However, if i open the same image on my laptop's screen, it'll be less saturated than it should and way brighter.
    If i adjust the image to fit my laptop's screen, then on my main screen it'll look too dark with very intense colors.

While it's true that some aspects are up to us (such as which colors to use), there are cases where a second entry would be rightfully helpful.
    Limiting changes to saturation, brightness and minor color touchups could be a reasonable way to do it.

p.s.
    What about the 550/600 pixels width thought?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post

I disagree completely with the size requirements 300x500 or 500x300 vertical or horizontal.
    Just to be clear, do you disagree with the current 500x300 size requirements or with my suggestion to increase them to 550/600x300?
    The idea behind it is to allow for a 16:9 ratio using the maximum height (533x300).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    I partially disagree with the second point.
    When i make an image i'm making it suit my screen, which happens to have good image quality.
    However, if i open the same image on my laptop's screen, it'll be less saturated than it should and way brighter.
    If i adjust the image to fit my laptop's screen, then on my main screen it'll look too dark with very intense colors.

While it's true that some aspects are up to us (such as which colors to use), there are cases where a second entry would be rightfully helpful.
    Limiting changes to saturation, brightness and minor color touchups could be a reasonable way to do it.

p.s.
    What about the 550/600 pixels width thought?

Just to be clear, do you disagree with the current 500x300 size requirements or with my suggestion to increase them to 550/600x300?
    The idea behind it is to allow for a 16:9 ratio using the maximum height (533x300).[/QUOTE]

- That is still up to the creator, if you know there are different variables that might change how you image looks then work around it and make it work. This is also not photography we are talking about so there should not be too many variables tht might change your results. Everyone is give a single entry.

- Size is still to be dicided.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    A better way of controlling the size of a sig without limiting creative freedom would be to make the requirement about area rather than dimensions.

500x300 = 150,000

Therefore the requirement is that your piece must have equal or less than 150,000 pixels. That way, I can then make a slightly wider but shorter piece (550x250=137,500).

Not saying 150,000 should be the limit but whatever your final dimensions are do the same and that will be the requirement.

Otherwise SOTM is pretty good as it is. I agree with removing the MPGH tag, but also including the requirement of having to provide a psd/xcf as proof of creation before being awarded the prize. Removes any chance of stealing other peoples completed piece.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    A better way of controlling the size of a sig without limiting creative freedom would be to make the requirement about area rather than dimensions.

500x300 = 150,000

Therefore the requirement is that your piece must have equal or less than 150,000 pixels. That way, I can then make a slightly wider but shorter piece (550x250=137,500).

Not saying 150,000 should be the limit but whatever your final dimensions are do the same and that will be the requirement.

Otherwise SOTM is pretty good as it is. I agree with removing the MPGH tag, but also including the requirement of having to provide a psd/xcf as proof of creation before being awarded the prize. Removes any chance of stealing other peoples completed piece.
    Some people do not even know how to calculate the total pixels. I might just make the size requirement a bit bigger so it gives you guys more space to play around wtih.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I think we need to raise the prize money

Up the ante, I may donate for the next one.

Member Since 07-18-2015
    Mpgh Premium 07-17-2016
    Mpgh Premium Seller 08-17-2016
    Mpgh News Force (Gaming News) 02-09-2017
    Mpgh News Resignation 06-08-2017
    Realm Of The Mad God Minion 12-11-2017
    Former Staff 09-25-2018

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Luverdark For This Useful Post:

Zenitram (03-23-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Luverdark View Post
    I think we need to raise the prize money

Up the ante, I may donate for the next one.

Although I appreciate the idea that you will donate, i think to raise the prize isn't necessary, because in sometime there would be less entries if the prize goes down.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmhbleach97 View Post
    Although I appreciate the idea that you will donate, i think to raise the prize isn't necessary, because in sometime there would be less entries if the prize goes down.
    Maybe we could do a special one once a year or something? Potentially enter all the winners from every month into one final vote

Member Since 07-18-2015
    Mpgh Premium 07-17-2016
    Mpgh Premium Seller 08-17-2016
    Mpgh News Force (Gaming News) 02-09-2017
    Mpgh News Resignation 06-08-2017
    Realm Of The Mad God Minion 12-11-2017
    Former Staff 09-25-2018

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Luverdark View Post
    Maybe we could do a special one once a year or something? Potentially enter all the winners from every month into one final vote
    Yeah, I like that idea. Picking a theme and then having all the past winners compete.