Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

help with gellins base for CA

hey im currently working on some stuff with CA and i was wondering if someone could help me im using gellins base, and i was told all i need to do to fix it from this point is update the pDevice or get and autofinding device, would someone be able to help me
    TROLL MATH
    14 posts per thread per hour, even at 1 thread an hour in 5 hours, general trolling time, thats 70 posts, and seeing as i try to run it at about 3 threads at a time, then i can make 210 posts in a day which means in 10 days i could be back to where i am if i started a new account, lol so in theory in a month id have 6k posts, in 2 months id have 12k, in 3 months 18k, in 4 months id have 24k and i could have the highest post count on the forum

14*3*5*10*3*4=highest post count on the forums in 4 months

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I honestly don't know what you're asking sorry ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    If you want to update the device pointer in gellins base, you're going to need a bit of experience in reversing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Void For This Useful Post:

powerfear (03-17-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    ok, that doesnt help me update it tho could someone plz give me the jist of what i need to do, or maybe a tut or youtube video
    TROLL MATH
    14 posts per thread per hour, even at 1 thread an hour in 5 hours, general trolling time, thats 70 posts, and seeing as i try to run it at about 3 threads at a time, then i can make 210 posts in a day which means in 10 days i could be back to where i am if i started a new account, lol so in theory in a month id have 6k posts, in 2 months id have 12k, in 3 months 18k, in 4 months id have 24k and i could have the highest post count on the forum

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    First learn the basics of C++, if you've done that much. Get used to classes and inheritance.

Look up the virtual method. Once you've got hold of that. Start reversing.

A good way to get the device pointer would be by using a function that takes it as a parameter. The way I do it is through CreateDevice. From the name you can already tell that's what you're looking for. CreateDevice is a member of IDirect3D9, numbered 16 on the virtual table. ( You can find it by looking through d3d9.h ).

First, you're going to need to find the CreateDevice pointer, so open up Engine in olly and set a breakpoint at IDirect3DCreate9. The return value is a pointer to the IDirect3D9 class. Now that youhave the pointer to this class, using your knowledge of the virtual method, find the address of CreateDevice. Set a breakpoint at it and return to the original calling area. ( ctrl+f9 to execute until return and F7 to step into ).

From there, look in the stack window thing that's part of olly, i think it's in the bottom right corner. CreateDevice's last parameter is a pointer to the created device.

Uhh.. I'm not on my usual computer and I don't have olly or CA on this, so I can't say this is accurate, but it should get you going in the right direction.

Note: If you don't know any C/C++ at all, I highly recommend abandonning this project ( or leech ), and start from the basics. I doubt anyone will help you if you don't know anything, we're not here to support leechers by giving them code so they can copy and paste, we're here to help.

This is more reversing than it is C/C++..
    Last edited by Void; 03-14-2010 at 08:34 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Void For This Useful Post:

Minos43 (03-15-2010),powerfear (03-17-2010),RedThunder (03-15-2010),why06 (03-14-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    That's about as good of an explanation as your gonna get. Thanks David. Learned something new!

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm44 View Post
    First learn the basics of C++, if you've done that much. Get used to classes and inheritance.

Look up the virtual method. Once you've got hold of that. Start reversing.

A good way to get the device pointer would be by using a function that takes it as a parameter. The way I do it is through CreateDevice. From the name you can already tell that's what you're looking for. CreateDevice is a member of IDirect3D9, numbered 16 on the virtual table. ( You can find it by looking through d3d9.h ).

First, you're going to need to find the CreateDevice pointer, so open up Engine in olly and set a breakpoint at IDirect3DCreate9. The return value is a pointer to the IDirect3D9 class. Now that youhave the pointer to this class, using your knowledge of the virtual method, find the address of CreateDevice. Set a breakpoint at it and return to the original calling area. ( ctrl+f9 to execute until return and F7 to step into ).

From there, look in the stack window thing that's part of olly, i think it's in the bottom right corner. CreateDevice's last parameter is a pointer to the created device.

Uhh.. I'm not on my usual computer and I don't have olly or CA on this, so I can't say this is accurate, but it should get you going in the right direction.

Note: If you don't know any C/C++ at all, I highly recommend abandonning this project ( or leech ), and start from the basics. I doubt anyone will help you if you don't know anything, we're not here to support leechers by giving them code so they can copy and paste, we're here to help.

This is more reversing than it is C/C++..
    actualy i dont leech and thanks for the great advice, my plan is to learn to start coding, im actualy using gellins base as more of a learning tool, but ill never know if im doing it right untill i get the hack working, so far ive used what ive learned from gellins base to make a multi level no spread, sat chams, fullbright and much more the only issue i have is injecting the dll without it crashing ca, and once a gain thx
    TROLL MATH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Well you sound very much like a leech. These people usually say: "I need code" for something that they have the smallest idea of how it works. And if your not a leecher your not very far above one, so for now just accept the title and be done with it. Or your welcome to argue about it further, but what I thought you came here for was help not the some false sense of pride, or am I mistaken?

If your base is crashing just extract the pustToConsole method out of his base and use that to make your hacks activated via hotkeys. Think that's what acid_burn did... Course your still going to need some basic logic even for you hotkeys so still reccommend you learn C++, because eventually you will get to the point where no base will help you, and if you weren't previously exposed to program logic and don't know the inner workings of some of the hacks your using ur going to have to go back and relearn everything or just quit. =/

But basically this base is starting to remind me a lot of warrock hacks, from which about 99% of hackers leech and have no idea how their code works...
    Last edited by why06; 03-15-2010 at 12:26 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

11. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Void (03-15-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Your CA is crashing because you're relying on someone else to do the work for you. Do you actually think public sources would be undetected that easily? Try and find your own method of hooking functions, or just do what Why said and use hot keys.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Void For This Useful Post:

powerfear (03-17-2010)