Thanks

Wink SWF use on linux?

I was thinking of finding a lightweight version of linux for my craptop i have lying around. I was wondering if anyone knew of reliable methods of playing swfs on linux, I've only been able to run Nilly's and Orape clients on linux through the use of wine. One more question i have is how id fix the black loading screen/ language error thing on linux. Any info is appreciated, i need a lightweight system because this laptop is a slug on everything pre 2005 gaming. Much love didnut.

(EDIT)
    I was using the executable versions of orape/nillys with the wine loader thing.
    Last edited by didnut; 05-01-2017 at 02:49 PM.

        (╭ರ_•)          
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Google "Flash projector" or "Flash debug downloads", first result should be "Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads" open that and scroll down to the Linux section and look for
    "Download the Flash Player Projector (64-bit)", download it, it comes as a archive so you have to unpack it and you'll get executable binary.Open it, go to file > Open, and select SWF file.
    Or run it via terminal with "./<flashplayer_executable_file> <swf file>" where "flashplayer_executable_file" is the name of your executable binary and "swf file" is your well.. swf file.

EDIT:
    You need 64 bit system and the issue I have is keyboard does not work in fullscreen (unless you modify the client and recompile it) but you can maximize the window.
    Last edited by ~V~; 05-01-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by didnut View Post
    I was using the executable versions of orape/nillys with the wine loader thing.
    That is by far the worst way possible lol.

Listen to what ~V~ said above, that is exactly what you should do. Flash is not OS specific by any means, so you can download a native program for whatever OS system you are on.

If for some weird reason the flash projector doesnt work for you, you can always try to drag the SWF file into your choice of web browsers. It doesnt work for all hacked clients, but sometimes you can get chrome or firefox to play the SWF file no problem. But ideally, try to get Flash Projector working first.