View Poll Results: POST A RULE AGAINST CHOOBS?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • YES! I'm tired to choobs!

11 52.38%
  • NO! This is MPGH after all!

4 19.05%
  • Ughh... IDK?

6 28.57%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by iamSTEVE View Post
    That's fucking stupid. Like I've stated before, choob is a forum rank. And the fact that they have less posts does not mean they contribute less or are less experienced than any other member. A H4X0r member has just as much potential to be a dumbass as a choob. All higher forum rank means is more posts. Whether those posts be useless bullshit or helpful contributions, no one knows. Take Sleepercell for example, he is probably one of the best modders here. I don't think anyone else besides him has actually managed to manipulate the structure of the rez files. If you look at his lightsaber modpack, all his mods are inside texturescripts.rez and he has actually added folders and files to the rez itself, something not actually accomplishable by just taking a file and putting it in rezinject, which is what the rest of the community that are even considered "pro" by most do.

I hate those that throw around "choob" as if it were an insult or something, because all it is, is a forum rank. Calling someone a choob is not degrading, and it does not mean you're more of a "pro" than them at all. It just means you make more posts. Half the people on here even with 100+ posts have useless bullshit like "omg nais rls men" to boost their post count. I'm against the idea of forum ranks at all, it leads to bullshit like this and does not contribute positively to the community in any way. If anything we should get RID of forum ranks so people stop discriminating that just because someone forum rank is "choob" what they say is now useless and invalidated.

As for how the forum is managed, I have a few suggestions:
    -Remove the requirement for a virus scan on anything except infectable files (rez files, DTX files, LTB files cannot be infected. exes, dlls, bats can easily be infected)
    -Remove the requirement for approvement of attachments, speeds things up a lot. Viruses can be detected easily since you require virus scans already, so what's the point of approvements?
    -Releasing of hacks that are leeched MUST be credited and have ads removed, otherwise the releaser gets a temp ban. (The releaser may be trying to help, but ultimately he wants people to thank him and stuff and give him some sort of credit for posting it, however he deserves none if he did not make the hack)
    -Disallow the release of fucking useless model mods, like M16-M4 or something, anyone with half a brain can easily read the tut and do it themselves. All you're doing with these useless model releases is making people more leech-y and more lazy. Texture mods are different since not everyone has photoshop skills.

And just a general advice to the community: RELEASE INJECTABLES! All you're doing by releasing full fucking rez files is promoting leeching. Or making me do more work to extract your rez, get the file I want, re-inject into mine as not to lose my original mods.

As for trying to make people contribute, that is impossible. If they wish to join simply for some free hacks you can't stop them, you put a post requirement they'll simply spam them til they reach it. Your best hope is that they will be an active member and contribute to the forums but you cannot force them.
    pwnt
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aLgJQukoFFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aLgJQukoFFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

RAINBOWS
    [IMG]https://i23.photobucke*****m/albums/b385/Orision/colorbar3wd.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    That's fucking stupid. Like I've stated before, choob is a forum rank. And the fact that they have less posts does not mean they contribute less or are less experienced than any other member. A H4X0r member has just as much potential to be a dumbass as a choob. All higher forum rank means is more posts. Whether those posts be useless bullshit or helpful contributions, no one knows. Take Sleepercell for example, he is probably one of the best modders here. I don't think anyone else besides him has actually managed to manipulate the structure of the rez files. If you look at his lightsaber modpack, all his mods are inside texturescripts.rez and he has actually added folders and files to the rez itself, something not actually accomplishable by just taking a file and putting it in rezinject, which is what the rest of the community that are even considered "pro" by most do.

I hate those that throw around "choob" as if it were an insult or something, because all it is, is a forum rank. Calling someone a choob is not degrading, and it does not mean you're more of a "pro" than them at all. It just means you make more posts. Half the people on here even with 100+ posts have useless bullshit like "omg nais rls men" to boost their post count. I'm against the idea of forum ranks at all, it leads to bullshit like this and does not contribute positively to the community in any way. If anything we should get RID of forum ranks so people stop discriminating that just because someone forum rank is "choob" what they say is now useless and invalidated.

-Remove the requirement for a virus scan on anything except infectable files (rez files, DTX files, LTB files cannot be infected. exes, dlls, bats can easily be infected)
    -Remove the requirement for approvement of attachments, speeds things up a lot. Viruses can be detected easily since you require virus scans already, so what's the point of approvements?
    -Releasing of hacks that are leeched MUST be credited and have ads removed, otherwise the releaser gets a temp ban. (The releaser may be trying to help, but ultimately he wants people to thank him and stuff and give him some sort of credit for posting it, however he deserves none if he did not make the hack)
    -Disallow the release of fucking useless model mods, like M16-M4 or something, anyone with half a brain can easily read the tut and do it themselves. All you're doing with these useless model releases is making people more leech-y and more lazy. Texture mods are different since not everyone has photoshop skills.

And just a general advice to the community: RELEASE INJECTABLES! All you're doing by releasing full fucking rez files is promoting leeching. Or making me do more work to extract your rez, get the file I want, re-inject into mine as not to lose my original mods.

As for trying to make people contribute, that is impossible. If they wish to join simply for some free hacks you can't stop them, you put a post requirement they'll simply spam them til they reach it. Your best hope is that they will be an active member and contribute to the forums but you cannot force them.
    Can i just say HOLYWHIT FUCKING WALL OF TEXT.
    oh and i just saw the virus scan suggestion... ill find a way to get em into .rez files if u did that, just u watch
    tl;dr srsly... Waaaaaay tooooo looooooooooooong. just skim it
    [IMG]https://www.gooze*****m/community/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/7/6866.facepalm_5F00_implied.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Ludious; 03-15-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: forgot a point

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. Calm down a bit. By the way, I like your idea of not allowing useless mods, it's clogging up the mod section, we should make mods only if people request them, also, make a group called modders, and make sure that they are the only ones who can release mods (freely)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    get minions to approve choobs to download???

and that 5 paragraph of text is what i think should stop by choobs all they do is spam useless stuff ....like they have a life.....

but yeah i have to agree that a choob is a forum rank we all have been choobs before too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Hehe, choobs these days.

............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:”........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    You know that anyone get get 25 posts to become a member in one day, it really doesn't matter. Also, this suggestion has been raised several times. Just deal with it.
    However, there should be an rule where staff have to approve a thread from people with less than 50 posts. Would limit the advertisers and such.
    [IMG]https://i564.photobucke*****m/albums/ss89/JRendell21/Graphics/Flow-Signature.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    everyone should be equal (unless ure a mod or minion), but if u break the rules u will be banned

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by sendi12 View Post
    everyone should be equal (unless ure a mod or minion), but if u break the rules u will be banned
    It would depend on whether or not it was intentional, if it wasn't warning. Also, it's either the post count/thread starting rule or we'll have to keep dealing with spam advertisements.
    [IMG]https://i564.photobucke*****m/albums/ss89/JRendell21/Graphics/Flow-Signature.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludious View Post
    Can i just say HOLYWHIT FUCKING WALL OF TEXT.
    oh and i just saw the virus scan suggestion... ill find a way to get em into .rez files if u did that, just u watch
    tl;dr srsly... Waaaaaay tooooo looooooooooooong. just skim it
    You're an idiot. If you get a virus into a rez file. I'll gift you any permanent weapon you want. It's impossible because a rez file just contains data for the client (Engine.exe) to read. You can't put a virus in it. And if you didn't read it then you have no right to comment, because you don't even know what the fuck I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mat***9 View Post
    get minions to approve choobs to download???

and that 5 paragraph of text is what i think should stop by choobs all they do is spam useless stuff ....like they have a life.....

but yeah i have to agree that a choob is a forum rank we all have been choobs before too
    Please use some grammer, your post made no fucking sense to me. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by leetdragon100 View Post
    Hehe, choobs these days.

[Ommitted cause it's too fucking long (TWSS) and useless]
    Hehehe you just proved my point You're not a choob yet still a dumbass. Tell me what part of your post was not spam?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iamSTEVE For This Useful Post:

Alby-kun (03-15-2010)

Thanks
    there are some sites where you every single post has to be approved by a mod before you can post... we dont want that... that would suck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    .... wow.

This is getting quite long.

Meh. I just thought of posting this so the choobs [ME! ] would consider the fact that they should contribute something and not come for the hacks and mods.
    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot View Post
    A rule I was thinking is that MPGH users should have a minimum post to access the MODS/HACKS.
    For some of MPGH's earlier hacks there was a 1 post minimum to download hacks but i don't think requiring a post minimum is a good idea, it would only encourage choobs to spam more to get hacks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    My belief is that The owner of mpgh.. (dave OBVIOSLY).. Should approve choobs-newbs
    To go into the threads with hacks and .rez files.. So anyways how that would happen. if a choob REALLY wanted the hacks they would ask dave to approve or decline, We would have lees choobs and leechers.... My story :P : anyways when i was a choob i was a total noob, i didnt leech often i tried to controbute s much as possible i could do. Whe ni didnt understand something i would look at every single post in that thread and stickies, if the hack wouldnt work on my pc i would test it on my vista, When i was a choob i attempted to help out.. Remember 2 years ago when a GM got hacked and then started advertising to all the game servers about this website, Thats the entire reason why i joined.. As a choob i didnt post alot, only when i tried helping or needed alot of help... thats my opinon (blehhh lots of writing my wrists hurt)
    My Video Editing work

I Have one called Forever Pjanoo Like a low G6, but it's copyrighted and idk how to upload it o.O

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    this is MY Facepalm.

[IMG]https://i167.photobucke*****m/albums/u157/chiconater/Getout-1.jpg[/IMG]

I live in the ..... what? you wanted to hear something?
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    depends on what you classify as a choob.
    Heres a fun fact for you. Every 2 or more seconds, 2 new members sign up for mpgh. Horray. 98% will surely make a thread in the wrong section.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast