Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

News Force Recruitment Thread

News Force is looking to bring on six new writers. We are looking for writers who are going to be able to commit to their job as a writer and be consistent by following the deadlines. We want people who are in it for the long run. If you do not have time for this, do not apply. If you will not take this seriously, do not apply. I will not hesitate to remove you if I suspect any of the mentioned.

The following sections are available:
    • Global News
    • Hack of the Week
    • Art News
    • WTF News
    • Music News
    • Freelancer

Code:
    Name: (Don't need your MPGH username, I can see it myself.)
    Position/Section applying for:
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale:
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team)
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?:
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?:

Important Notes:
    Once applications are closed, those accepted will be contacted. Do not ask when applications will be closed.
    If accepted your stay is conditional to the evaluations and your effort put forth during the 14-day trial period each new News Force member will be placed in.
    Any questions can go directly to me via PM/VM. Do not pollute thread replies.
    You WILL be working with someone else.

Head Editor
    • Hova

Editors
    • Ahlwong

Writers
    • Headlines
      • Hova
    • User News
      • Ahlwong
    • Global News
      • Hero
    • Section of The Week
      • Ahlwong
    • Hack of The Week
    • Gaming News
      • Luverdark
      • Vader
    • Technology News
      • Predator
      • Lightning
    • Music News
      • Schuba
    • Sports News
      • Ace
      • Marcus.
    • Art News
      • Dynasty
    • WTF News?
    • Interviewers
      • Nyaro
      • Bryan
    • Freelancers
      • Cursed
      • savage
      • Eternity
      • K.A.R.M.A

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hova For This Useful Post:

9Gold (05-27-2017),[MPGH]Ahl (05-18-2017),Allura (05-18-2017),Lupin (05-23-2017),Ash (05-19-2017),Hentai (05-19-2017),Korsah (05-22-2017),lockedalt (05-20-2017),Luverdark (05-18-2017),Nyaro (05-18-2017),Raple (05-19-2017),Rob (05-18-2017),Sean (05-23-2017),Silent (05-18-2017),Steve (05-18-2017),Vader (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Name: Zach.
    Position/Section applying for:Music News & Freelancer
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: I'll say 9 fits well.
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Currently preparing for the upcoming A+ level exams on English and I have experience from my school magazine where I frequently write and fulfill my task before deadline, the topic I handle is sports, but it doesn't change the view of perspective.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: I spend quite a lot of time on MPGH, just by searching threads,so rather than just doing nothing and waste few hours of my life, why not use it on something more meaningful?
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I try my best to come up with top quality work, since the work has to be done weekly, it will be a challenge which I am looking forward to.

Good Luck to Everyone

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hentai For This Useful Post:

Dynasty (05-21-2017),FoxHunter (05-26-2017),[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Pika (05-22-2017),Raple (05-19-2017),Rob (05-18-2017),jiang (05-20-2017),Steve (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Name: Denis
    Position/Section applying for: WTF News? / Hack of the week.
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: The maximum I can say is 9.
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) : I'm one of the best essay writers in my school according to my teachers and had my writings published in school magazines atleast 6 times yearly. English is also my main language, which I speak everyday meaning excellent experience at writing/understanding text phrases. I'm currently studying to do my A Level in English. This is one of the hardest exams due to that there has to be a grammar analysis of almost every word.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yea I check MPGH daily and spend 2-3 hours staring at my computer screen doing nothing so this would be a great time-killer. That also means I'd put a lot of effort in my news. On the other hand, I like hacking in games and seeing which game is being hacked the most / which hack is being downloaded the most gives me butterflies.
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I socialize a lot daily, and I am one of the biggest stalkers. News runs fast from man to man, and the stuff that is said is always hilarious to hear. I also read the news everyday which could be a perk.

Hopefully, if I'm chosen I can get a template on what is required to be mentioned in the WTF News ? / Hack of the week, and how my job is to be done.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Name: GGOG

Position/Section applying for: Music/Global

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 8

Do you have any experience of being on a news/publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) I don't have experience in being on a news/publications team, The only experience I have is finishing everything on time before the deadlines. I'm at the University (Europe), so you can imagine how many papers I have to write before the deadlines/exams.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes, I am. I am almost every day on MPGH scrolling lurking in some sections. And one extra responsibility is not a problem for me it will be more a challenge for me.

Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I read daily the news online on my tablet or computer. I am really interested in global news to keep myself up to date what is happening around the world to feed myself with 'knowledge,' because at the University we talk about it a lot, about our opinions what we think. And I also read a lot of economic news because it's a must for the field of my studies (international business).

Apart from that I listen daily to new songs, I don't really have 'one taste' I listen to all kind of music. The music industry plays also an important rol in the world, it affects easly millions of people. So with other words I would be sharing intresting topics about the music industry with the MPGH community and share new released albums/songs.

I wish everyone goodluck.
    Last edited by Levi; 05-18-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Joined - 10/21/2016
    Premium - 12/19/2016
    Premium Seller - 04/24/2017
    Newsforce - 10/19/2017

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:

Dynasty (05-21-2017),[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Ice Cube (05-19-2017),Luverdark (05-18-2017),Marcus. (05-19-2017),Raple (05-19-2017),Rob (05-19-2017)

Wherever the wind of life decides to takes me, for instance, my parent's basement right now.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Name: Pete/Rob

Position/Section applying for:WTF News, Global News, and Hack of the Week.

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale:I'm going to have to go with an eight as I'm normally not fully focused on making sure I have no errors.

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: I've taken and am still currently taking multiple honors/advanced English courses. I do not currently have the opportunity to join any news team at my school but am still very very experienced in multiple forms of writing.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Of course, I have a fairly large amount of freetime and an even greater portion once summer finally arrives. Given how much I spend on mpgh having to dedicate a tiny sector of that to the news team wouldn't be a problem at all.

Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: As many people know I spend almost all of my time in the marketplace. While this is fun and has made me quite a bit of money it leaves something to be desired. I'm hoping to be able to connect with other members on mpgh in ways not related to the marketplace. I've become fairly well known in certain sections but am completely unknown in other parts of this site. I hope to change that and become well versed in this site as well as getting a chance to start becoming a part of the behind the scene team. While I'm still very new to mpgh I've met a lot of really great people and hope to continue doing so. Finally, even if it's just writing a very small segment of a project every week I still feel like I'd be able to contribute. The news force is a great place for me to be able to expand my horizons and I hope I receive the chance to do it.
    Thanks for reading my application,
    Rob
    Last edited by Rob; 05-18-2017 at 04:21 AM.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Ash (05-19-2017),[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Ice Cube (05-19-2017),Luverdark (05-18-2017),Pika (05-22-2017),Raple (05-19-2017),Steve (05-18-2017),Vader (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Name: Steve Gal

Position/Section applying for: Music News, Hack of the Week and Art News

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9, English isn't my main language though I'm learning English on a daily basis and can speak English easily.

Do you have any experience of being on a news/publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: I have worked for my high school news for 3 months. I was the co-editor so I know what news interest different people and what is not. I was also working for my middle-school news. I have a lot of past experience of being on a news team.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?:
    Yes, I am very organized and right now I don't go to school/work. Timing isn't a problem for me at all.

Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I believe that I should be part of the MPGH News Force because I know that I can get very interesting news and I know that people will enjoy reading them, Art news and Music news are something that I enjoy reading, hearing and learning about and I have a lot of knowledge about them. Hack of the Week will be a very easy job for me as I own many games and enjoy using cheats on most of them.

Thanks for reading my application, and good luck to everyone else! -Steve-
    Last edited by Steve; 05-18-2017 at 08:08 AM.

MPGH History:

Official Publicist (Wiki Manager) - 12-23-2017
    Official Publicist (Wiki Editor) - 12-06-2017
    Official News Team (Interviewer) - 09-09-2017
    Official News Team (Sports News) - 08-07-2017
    Premium Member - 02-05-2017
    Registered - 12-19-2016

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Steve For This Useful Post:

DildoTheCloutGod (05-19-2017),HomeScillet (05-21-2017),[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Korsah (05-22-2017),niggo (05-19-2017),Nyaro (05-22-2017),Rob (05-18-2017),jiang (05-20-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Name: Richgangboy
    Position/Section applying for: Global News
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 10
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) no
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: yes
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: can be active, on time, thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Name:
    Felix
    WTF News or Hack of the week.

8.5. I've been in University for 2 years and study a course which is highly based around essays and reports. I usually receive mark between 80% and 90%.

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain:
    As said above, I believe I am a strong writer due to constant essay and report work. I have also studied Advanced English in high school.

I will ensure to submit all publications prior to the deadline. If I do get accepted, I plan to submit my articles at least 5 days before the due date.

The weekly MPGH News is something I look forward to every week. I've shown my eagerness to help the News Force, by providing holiday edition MPGH News logos (Easter & Valentines). I'm also a highly active member of the MPGH community and have contributed to this community through helpful posts and giveaways. I seek to be a friendly face around MPGH where anyone can come to me for help. Through the course of my university life, I have learnt and adapted, to effectively work with new people. I have strong attributes which convey a fairness, flexibility and strong communication skills. Hence, these interpersonal skills will allow me to productively work in a team environment.

I aspire to entertain/inform the MPGH News Readers and participate keenly in the MPGH community. I also bring forth an open mind, where I am able to learn and try by best to improve on any criticisms I may receive.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Allura For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Ice Cube (05-19-2017),Pika (05-22-2017),Raple (05-19-2017),Rob (05-19-2017),jiang (05-20-2017),Steve (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Name: Will
    Position/Section applying for: Global News.
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Worked on News Force for a very long time, have extensive knowledge over language arts.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes.
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: Because I have already proven myself before to the News Force many times, and would like to come back so I can work with kawaii desu wance.

16. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Raple For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (05-19-2017),Ash (05-19-2017),Copperhorse (05-22-2017),Dynasty (05-21-2017),Eternity (05-24-2017),FoxHunter (05-26-2017),[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Levi (05-19-2017),Luverdark (05-20-2017),Marcus. (05-20-2017),[MPGH]meme (05-21-2017),niggo (05-30-2017),Nyaro (05-22-2017),Pika (05-22-2017),Rob (05-19-2017),jiang (05-20-2017),Steve (05-19-2017),Vader (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Name:
    Sam

Global News and/or innovating/research (will explain in a bit)

I'd say 8. I can't really tell compared to others here because everybody just writes how they want on this forum. No need to show off your English.

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain:
    I've written some blogs. Had some experience at a university magazine. It's nothing special in all honesty. Don't think it really adds up to much but it does show I have a passion for writing.

Yes, I'm assuming I do. I honestly can't find anywhere how much time it actually costs so that might be a concern but I assume about 3-5 hours a week max? Because I can cope with that for sure.

Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?:
    Well I do make assumptions here but I feel the news has been quite similar for some time. It doesn't progress much. That's what I'd like to focus on next to writing for the global news. I think there's much more we could make out of it. So I'd like to do some research, test some things. See what works and what doesn't. Here are some ideas I have:

- Section of the Month:
    Here I'd like to try out new stuff every month. See what people like and what they don't. We could do this by letting the community submit ideas every month. (Which also will really help with recruitment, those who got good ideas might be good to join the news force?) Whenever one of those ideas gets great positive feedback, we could do it on a more regular basis.

- A/B tests
    We have direct interaction with the community, why not check out based on design, order, content, word use. Could be anything.

- gossip/quote of the week
    I think I speak for everyone that the interviews/sign or photo of the month of the news force is great. The reason why is because it involves the community. Everyone would love to come into the news. Let's tryout different kind of things. See what people drives to be more involved.

I guess I could go on like this but my point is clear. I'd like to innovate and research .

Wish all the applicants good luck!
    Last edited by Sammy; 05-19-2017 at 02:38 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

Ash (05-19-2017),[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),niggo (05-19-2017),Rob (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Name: Andrew
    Position/Section applying for: WTF News
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Wrote for a higschool newpaper for a year, (french and english)
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Will not be a problem.
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I am positive I will always be able to product a quality story for each week for the news. I have high level english skills and I would love to entertain the lovely people of MPGH. I love reading wacky news stories and I am positive I could find some great ones to share with all of you! Thanks for taking the time to read my application, goodluck to everyone!

-Andrew

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DildoTheCloutGod For This Useful Post:

Ash (05-19-2017),[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),irek (05-22-2017),Pika (05-22-2017),Raple (05-19-2017),Rob (05-19-2017),Steve (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Name: Harrison/Ahmad.

Position/Section applying for: Music News.

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: I do believe that my English skills are an average on an 8.

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Yes, I have participated in my school's news paper for over 3 years including vacations.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Sure, I'm currently free and available for more than 10 hours a day.

I have a wide range of information in music industry and sound engineering, In addition to that I have been working as a DJ (disk jockey) for almost 2 years straight , and I believe that I have the capability to differentiate between a fine piece of music and a work of an amateur.
    I am currently following over 30 worldwide music channels on YouTube, SoundCloud and Spotify , and I am sure that I can keep all the users updated on the latest music of every style and genre.
    Last edited by Ash; 05-20-2017 at 07:06 AM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ash For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Rob (05-19-2017),Vader (05-22-2017)

Thanks
    Name: Ethan
    Position/Section applying for: Music News
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 8
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: No
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?:I listen to alot of music, I'm caught up with all the latest albums and listen to them thoroughly. I just love music!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lockedalt For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Marcus. (05-27-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Name: Richard.
    Position/Section applying for: Global News.
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9.5.
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Yes, I'm a previous News Force writer.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes.
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: Former long-term News Force writer and was already its Editor for two consecutive times.
    Last edited by Hunter; 05-21-2017 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Fixed.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (05-22-2017),Ash (05-22-2017),Dynasty (05-21-2017),Levi (05-21-2017),Luverdark (05-21-2017),Marcus. (05-21-2017),[MPGH]meme (05-21-2017),NeedACCOUNT (10-28-2017),Nyaro (05-22-2017),Raple (05-21-2017),Rob (05-21-2017),jiang (05-22-2017),Steve (05-21-2017),Vader (05-21-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Name: Jake
    Position/Section applying for: Global News
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Was a part of a school newspaper in secondary school and a student board member representing my class, I frequently had to write news regarding what's happening, what events are on etc. I also took part in an English assignment that involved writing / journalism.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I've always been interested in the news. They help me become more knowledgeable and change my perception on issues, things and people. I'm tuned in to important news around the world everyday to be aware of what's happening and what it means for me. I would like to contribute to MPGH more and I believe this is the perfect place to start in
    Last edited by ArseneLupin; 05-22-2017 at 12:47 PM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lupin For This Useful Post:

Ash (05-23-2017),[MPGH]Hova (05-25-2017),Pika (05-22-2017),Rob (05-22-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast