Thread: C++/C#

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

C++/C#

ive heard u should learn HTML first then java or c# and only then start on c++ cause its easier but idk ,so any ideas?

Thanks
    php and java -> nope
    C# and C++ are both good, no need to learn one before another in a specific order.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    i really don't see the advantage of needing to learn html first and then C# or C++.~~

EDIT: hey hey Why ;P
    Last edited by 'Bruno; 03-17-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Learn Java first. cuz Java owns! D:

Now weird memory shit you have to worry about like in C++. I highly recommend starting in C# or Java. not Html though... that's just wasting your time unless you want to go into web design.

EDIT: hi there Brinuz!
    Last edited by why06; 03-17-2010 at 04:12 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Tips for starting languages are a load of ---- my first language technically speaking was ASM, it was the first language I started studying (my first encounter with real programming were some Python videos though). I jumped into because I wanted to learn how to hack and ASM was described something like the "lowest form of efficiently human edited code" when I Googled around. So I just jumped into it, sometimes you get stuck on certain things but when you do just confront it from a different angle. Even before I started programming I would read articles on how programming languages were structured and everything like that, I'd read articles whenever I heard about a new computing technology.... I also came to research on basic x86-64 architecture when I saw that was also a topic. I took a hand in small time Private servers it taught me things like basic DB managing, basic HTML, little techy things like port forwarding troubleshooting my server, seeing if the DB, my router, server program are properly coordinated. I learned about Linux from running game servers since it was highly recommended for server running, I also got my admiration for hackers at this age so I had a small toolkit of exploit tools nmap, Cain & Abel, Aircrack-ng, WPE, CE. I search youtube vids on using WPE & CE and I played around with nmap, and I hardly knew how to do anything with Cain & Abel, Aircrack-ng was beyond me, but I was determined. These ventures were around when I was around 11-13 I did more research than coding in that stage and it turned out for my benefit rather than running around being clueless about how things actually work. The only reason you'd have to start with a simpler language rather than just stepping into something as simple as C/C++ is either because you can't handle algebra or you aren't much a natural cut out for this thing .....
    ~
    Meaning you should just go to a school and have some dummy try to teach you something that's worth anything. You'll only end up frustrating yourself trying to learn on your own if this step into programming wasn't gradual and natural for you, especially if you want to learn C/C++ or ASM.
    Last edited by Arhk; 03-17-2010 at 06:08 PM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Well that's the take from the child genius department. o_O

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Child geniuses? Oh sheet, I come back to C++, and children have brains now? ):
    I feel like a drunk hobo kicked out of the his box. Why, you've done a terrible job.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by crushed View Post
    Child geniuses? Oh sheet, I come back to C++, and children have brains now? ):
    I feel like a drunk hobo kicked out of the his box. Why, you've done a terrible job.
    Good to see you too AJ. :P

- Dwight D. Eisenhower