Thread: gp tips

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Tip on how to save money

There are many different methods of saving up GP, and most of them are actually quite obvious ones.

Using the default weapon

This is the most straightforward and obvious strategy, and also the worst, because most people save GP just to not use the default weapon. Use the M16 when you have absolutely no GP, or when you are not playing for a long time (less than 40 minutes). I know that the M16 sucks big time, but it is possible to perform decently with it. Guides on the M16 could be seen in the article about M16, or you can go to YouTube to watch Baxstar's gameplay and review on it.

When you do have the money to buy a good weapon, it is still a good choice to put the M16 in your backpack. Use it when your gun ran out of bullets, or when you find a better gun lying on the ground to switch weapons. Make sure there are no enemies around you when you switch weapons.

Avoid leaving games

Do not leave a game before it is finished unless you need to do something else, or when there is a hacker. You do not get any GP or EXP when you leave during a mid-game, so the time is wasted for nothing. Most people quit the game when they are frustrated by better opponents, well take a deep breath and think calmly about how to counter them. Avoid direct combat, observe their habits and use it to trick them, which is fairly easy most of the times because most people get arrogant when they do well.

Join certain games

This is a good strategy, try to find games that finishes quickly and gives a lot of experience. Join mid-game, never go to rooms that are waiting, because that wastes your time. Capture the Flag in large maps, and Desert Thunder Fireteam are definitely the worst choices, and Capture the Flag and One Man Army in small maps are definitely the best choices, especially in Junk Flea and Death Room. Don't abuse this strategy however, because that would be considered to be powerleveling.

Don't buy luxuries

I know that luxuries are a big fun, and I personally love having luxuries too, but if you want to stack up your GP, then you honestly shouldn't be buying these luxuries. These include head gear, face gear, camos, silencers, sidearms, and 2 or more weapons. These items adds more fun to the game, and some of them do help your gameplay, but they are really unnecessary. I will talk about each of them in detail:

-2 or more primary weapons:
    It is beneficial to have 2 weapons, but they are expensive and it will be hard to get the money back. What is recommended instead is having the M16 in your backpack, and switch it with a better weapon when you get the chance. I don't think I will need to say about having 3 weapons... Only do that if you have an Advanced Backpack, and when you have a lot of GP.
    -Sidearms:
    Unless you are a devoted pistol or melee user, it really is a waste of money to buy sidearms. They are rarely used in all permitted games, especially when you have 2 primary weapons, and the default pistol could also come as a handy tool for emergency situations.
    -Silencers:
    The silencers are pointless. They do not reduce recoil even though it is said that they do, and although the old silencer sounds quiet, the new ones are loud and could be heard from far away, so it is not a good tool for stealth either.
    -Camos:
    The camos are also useless. They are not very good at hiding you at all, even if you are in the right environment (etc. Arctic camo in a snowy background), and they makes you easier to spot if you are not in the right environment. The camos exists only for the purpose of fashion.
    -Head & face gears:
    Almost all of the head and face gears are existed purely for fashion purposes (and they are still ugly -_-), the helmets do not protect you from headshots. The only useful ones are the Combat Beanie and the Military Bandana, which gives you extra speed, and even these are recommended only to people that loves being fast.
    -Vests:
    The vests are useful in my opinion, especially the Light Vest, but for most people it really doesn't make a difference.
    -Supply Cases/HiSec Keys:
    These give you access to good weapons, but for the most part they are not worth it, and you should not be buy these unless you have a lot of GP.

Buy items for longer periods (when appropriate)

If you have a fair amount of GP, and you really love a specific gear, then it is a good choice to buy it for 7 or 30 days, because they cost a lot less than actually buying them for 1 day seven or thirty times. This is good for all sort of gears.

However, this method only helps if you play during the entire period you buy the weapon for. For example, if you buy for a week, but only play 3 days of it, you will have wasted GP. A good rule of thumb is that a week-long price is about the price of 5 day-long prices for the same item, so if you plan to play 4 or less days during a week, do NOT buy long term.

Play in certain servers

There are certain servers that offers more GP and EXP that others. For most people it is recommended that you play in Echo, you only need to be Sergeant to play there and the players there aren't that much better than the ones in Alpha Server. You can play in the Echo server until you reach a rank of Second Lieutenant, which is far far away from Sergeant. If you have a kdr of 1.2 and higher, then you can also play in Delta Server, which offers even more GP. However the Delta server is empty most of the time, and the few people that do stay in there are very competent players. Once you have reached the rank of Command Sergeant Major, you can join the Kilo Server, which like the Delta Server offers more GP and EXP than Echo, but is also really empty and have really competent players.

The Golden Strategy: Make a schedule

This is the golden strategy of saving money. This is for people who have a regular playing schedule, and buy weapons for 1 day. Make a schedule for 2 days, and start playing later on the first day than the second day. Say if you play for 2 hours a day, and you usually play at around 8 PM, then for the first day of your schedule, start at 9 PM and buy the weapons and gears you want. On the next day you start at 7 PM, and play until your weapons expires. This way you are using weapons for 2 days at the price of 1 day. It is the most efficient strategy of gaining money, and your GP will boom up sky high real fast.

If you like this guide, thank me!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BossMan. For This Useful Post:

ac1d_buRn (03-19-2010),CRUSTY (03-21-2010),TheAvenger (03-19-2010)

Thanks
    [SIZE="1"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Project_ZZ View Post
    There are many different methods of saving up GP, and most of them are actually quite obvious ones.

Using the default weapon

This is the most straightforward and obvious strategy, and also the worst, because most people save GP just to not use the default weapon. Use the M16 when you have absolutely no GP, or when you are not playing for a long time (less than 40 minutes). I know that the M16 sucks big time, but it is possible to perform decently with it. Guides on the M16 could be seen in the article about M16, or you can go to YouTube to watch Baxstar's gameplay and review on it.

When you do have the money to buy a good weapon, it is still a good choice to put the M16 in your backpack. Use it when your gun ran out of bullets, or when you find a better gun lying on the ground to switch weapons. Make sure there are no enemies around you when you switch weapons.

Avoid leaving games

Do not leave a game before it is finished unless you need to do something else, or when there is a hacker. You do not get any GP or EXP when you leave during a mid-game, so the time is wasted for nothing. Most people quit the game when they are frustrated by better opponents, well take a deep breath and think calmly about how to counter them. Avoid direct combat, observe their habits and use it to trick them, which is fairly easy most of the times because most people get arrogant when they do well.

Join certain games

This is a good strategy, try to find games that finishes quickly and gives a lot of experience. Join mid-game, never go to rooms that are waiting, because that wastes your time. Capture the Flag in large maps, and Desert Thunder Fireteam are definitely the worst choices, and Capture the Flag and One Man Army in small maps are definitely the best choices, especially in Junk Flea and Death Room. Don't abuse this strategy however, because that would be considered to be powerleveling.

Don't buy luxuries

I know that luxuries are a big fun, and I personally love having luxuries too, but if you want to stack up your GP, then you honestly shouldn't be buying these luxuries. These include head gear, face gear, camos, silencers, sidearms, and 2 or more weapons. These items adds more fun to the game, and some of them do help your gameplay, but they are really unnecessary. I will talk about each of them in detail:

-2 or more primary weapons:
    It is beneficial to have 2 weapons, but they are expensive and it will be hard to get the money back. What is recommended instead is having the M16 in your backpack, and switch it with a better weapon when you get the chance. I don't think I will need to say about having 3 weapons... Only do that if you have an Advanced Backpack, and when you have a lot of GP.
    -Sidearms:
    Unless you are a devoted pistol or melee user, it really is a waste of money to buy sidearms. They are rarely used in all permitted games, especially when you have 2 primary weapons, and the default pistol could also come as a handy tool for emergency situations.
    -Silencers:
    The silencers are pointless. They do not reduce recoil even though it is said that they do, and although the old silencer sounds quiet, the new ones are loud and could be heard from far away, so it is not a good tool for stealth either.
    -Camos:
    The camos are also useless. They are not very good at hiding you at all, even if you are in the right environment (etc. Arctic camo in a snowy background), and they makes you easier to spot if you are not in the right environment. The camos exists only for the purpose of fashion.
    -Head & face gears:
    Almost all of the head and face gears are existed purely for fashion purposes (and they are still ugly -_-), the helmets do not protect you from headshots. The only useful ones are the Combat Beanie and the Military Bandana, which gives you extra speed, and even these are recommended only to people that loves being fast.
    -Vests:
    The vests are useful in my opinion, especially the Light Vest, but for most people it really doesn't make a difference.
    -Supply Cases/HiSec Keys:
    These give you access to good weapons, but for the most part they are not worth it, and you should not be buy these unless you have a lot of GP.

Buy items for longer periods (when appropriate)

If you have a fair amount of GP, and you really love a specific gear, then it is a good choice to buy it for 7 or 30 days, because they cost a lot less than actually buying them for 1 day seven or thirty times. This is good for all sort of gears.

However, this method only helps if you play during the entire period you buy the weapon for. For example, if you buy for a week, but only play 3 days of it, you will have wasted GP. A good rule of thumb is that a week-long price is about the price of 5 day-long prices for the same item, so if you plan to play 4 or less days during a week, do NOT buy long term.

Play in certain servers

There are certain servers that offers more GP and EXP that others. For most people it is recommended that you play in Echo, you only need to be Sergeant to play there and the players there aren't that much better than the ones in Alpha Server. You can play in the Echo server until you reach a rank of Second Lieutenant, which is far far away from Sergeant. If you have a kdr of 1.2 and higher, then you can also play in Delta Server, which offers even more GP. However the Delta server is empty most of the time, and the few people that do stay in there are very competent players. Once you have reached the rank of Command Sergeant Major, you can join the Kilo Server, which like the Delta Server offers more GP and EXP than Echo, but is also really empty and have really competent players.

The Golden Strategy: Make a schedule

This is the golden strategy of saving money. This is for people who have a regular playing schedule, and buy weapons for 1 day. Make a schedule for 2 days, and start playing later on the first day than the second day. Say if you play for 2 hours a day, and you usually play at around 8 PM, then for the first day of your schedule, start at 9 PM and buy the weapons and gears you want. On the next day you start at 7 PM, and play until your weapons expires. This way you are using weapons for 2 days at the price of 1 day. It is the most efficient strategy of gaining money, and your GP will boom up sky high real fast.

If you like this guide, thank me!

Lol, copied from here:
    A Quick Guide to Saving GP - Combat Arms Wiki - Combat Arms maps, weapons, guides, and more

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by jabuuty671 View Post
    lol yea, i was gonna say that he didnt type that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidforce View Post
    lol yea, i was gonna say that he didnt type that
    Lmao! I know
    I was like:
    hahah he wouldn't spend that much time writing that
    Not even I would.
    and I know Project doesn't type like that
    it's WAY TOO PROPER haha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Buy the M4A1 and play spy hunts.
    Get ss and upload or kill ss = 200-600exp & 300-1300gp

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ac1d_buRn View Post
    Buy the M4A1 and play spy hunts.
    Get ss and upload or kill ss = 200-600exp & 300-1300gp
    Ohh, that's a good method.
    Got 1000 XP and 1,700 GP in one game in Echo >_<
    Nobody had SS, and i had like a 44-8 record

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Ohh, that's a good method.
    Got 1000 XP and 1,700 GP in one game in Echo >_<
    Nobody had SS, and i had like a 44-8 record
    when that double exp and gp was up. I went from a SSG2 to an MSG1 (50%) in that period. Only doing spyhunts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

If you're in Quarintine, it's not...
    I mean if you are able to use the default gun well you don't need to waste gp buying other guns. You can earn enough to buy a gun for a week saving gp etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well I got 3 perm guns : Rec7, M107CQ SE, M1911 Knights. I just use them, and keep saving up on my GP..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by solice12 View Post
    Well I got 3 perm guns : Rec7, M107CQ SE, M1911 Knights. I just use them, and keep saving up on my GP..
    Shit. fucking rich kid haha
    I've only gotten 2 $10 cards from a GPT site, and have been banned before getting my other 2 $10
    So i could've gotten 40,000 NX from that GPT site + the 25,000 NX i bought at Gamestop
    fml haha
    Last edited by Jabuuty671; 03-19-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Lmao! I know
    I was like:
    hahah he wouldn't spend that much time writing that
    Not even I would.
    and I know Project doesn't type like that
    it's WAY TOO PROPER haha
    Too right you are Jabuuty.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Gift me jabuuty :3

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
    Gift me jabuuty :3
    Somebody's off topic
    buahahaha, new GP Tip:
    Get nx, you can follow ROUGH's guide. or ask me personally
    I can get you 10,000 NX in about 3 hours, and you'll have to wait UP TO 3 days for it to be sent it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Get one perm weapon, play with only that weapon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    How can you get it? Do we have to pay you or anything?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast