Thread: BFBC2 Guides

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Good luck on fixing that

Thanks
    yeh im trying to search only australian servers but getting overseas servers :/ cant search so im trying to connect from the official host site buts its failing updated pb and bbc2 :/ getting somewhere lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyline. For This Useful Post:

alexzor (06-25-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Hey guy's, So here is my problem with BFBC2.

Everytime i start the game it want's to update from Version 515195 to Version 523648. Cool by me, The only problem is that it brings up an error message saying the following : "An error occured. Data Error. Please verify that downloaded files are complete and correct.

Obviously if i click on the BFBC2.exe file i can play single player with no hassles, But i want to play multiplayer and i can only do so once the game has updated!!!

Here's my PC Spec's :

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
    System Manufacturer : Gigabyte Technology Co., LTD.
    System Model : 945GCMX-S2
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
    Memory : 2048MB RAM
    DirectX Version : DirectX 11

Display

Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT
    Approx. Total Memory : 1777 MB
    Current Display Mode : 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)
    Main Driver : nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um
    Version : 8.17.11.9621
    Date : 1/12/2010
    DDI Version : 10
    Driver Model : WDDM 1.1

Sound Drivers :

Name : HdAudio.sys
    Version 6.01.7600.16382
    Date : 7/14/2009
    Provider : Microsoft

Please help me! All my Drivers, Devices and Windows updates are up to date. My fire wall and anti virus are also turned off!!!

Thanks
    When i zoom in through almost any scope it's like blurry. What should i do? =(

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kreeler View Post
    Hey guy's, So here is my problem with BFBC2.

Everytime i start the game it want's to update from Version 515195 to Version 523648. Cool by me, The only problem is that it brings up an error message saying the following : "An error occured. Data Error. Please verify that downloaded files are complete and correct.

Obviously if i click on the BFBC2.exe file i can play single player with no hassles, But i want to play multiplayer and i can only do so once the game has updated!!!

Here's my PC Spec's :

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
    System Manufacturer : Gigabyte Technology Co., LTD.
    System Model : 945GCMX-S2
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
    Memory : 2048MB RAM
    DirectX Version : DirectX 11

Display

Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT
    Approx. Total Memory : 1777 MB
    Current Display Mode : 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)
    Main Driver : nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um
    Version : 8.17.11.9621
    Date : 1/12/2010
    DDI Version : 10
    Driver Model : WDDM 1.1

Sound Drivers :

Name : HdAudio.sys
    Version 6.01.7600.16382
    Date : 7/14/2009
    Provider : Microsoft

Please help me! All my Drivers, Devices and Windows updates are up to date. My fire wall and anti virus are also turned off!!!
    hahha i think i got the same problem, which method of installation did you do? the one with the CD or the online authentication method?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagol63 View Post
    When i zoom in through almost any scope it's like blurry. What should i do? =(
    um its meant to blur abit when yo scope,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyline. For This Useful Post:

alexzor (06-25-2010)

Thanks
    Well its hard to explain but i meant when i aim down an iron sight or something like red dot sight. When i use any sniper scope its fine. And i installed it online from steam

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I did CD Authentication... Should i do Online Authentication?

I tried both, CD and Online Authentication. I just keep getting this error message when updating "An error occured. Data Error, Please verify that downloaded files are complete and correct" WTF!!!
    Last edited by Comet; 08-18-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Double Posting. - Merged Post's

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    lol just read 1st page.. ITS THE GAME ... its new and still buggy.. wait for month or 2 then go on and play smooth XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Post Ultimate Guide BFBC2 by: Dr. Fatality

First of all, I would like to point out that BFBC2 is a unique game, which in turn means that you need unique strategies to be able to play this game well.

Objective based:
    A lot of people play Battlefield like they would in Halo or Modern Warfare two. Killing the opposition is NOT your main objective, rather, the MCOM stations or the flags are your first priority.

Join a squad soldier!
    Joining a squad is the first thing you should do once you get in a game. There are limitless reasons why you should join a squad, one reason is that you get much more points if you help out your squad. Another reason is that you get the option to spawn next to your squadmate, allowing you to help him if he is under fire or has breached the other teams defences. However, this does not mean that you always spawn next to any mate. One reason why is because if your mate is nearly dead, spawning right next to him means that you get turned into a human pincushion. Another reason NOT to spawn next to a mate is is when there are tanks or helicopters available at base.

Play your class!
    Every class in BFBC2 has it's own special abilities and methods to be played, in which I will discuss in much more detail in a later thread. Basically, what I am saying is use whatever equipment you have at your disposal to help out your team. If you are playing Recon, frequently throwing motion mines and spotting enemies will earn you much more points than camping and taking pot shots at enemies. As I stated earlier, helping your team out will result in much more points than kills.

[IMG]https://gamerlimi*****m/files/2010/04/BC2-DLC.jpg[/IMG]

Use your assets soldier (no, it's not the thing between your legs!)
    The UAV is possibly the most dangerous weapon at every sides disposal. However, you must use it to it's full potential before it can be considered effective. Here are some tips for effective use of the UAV.
    1. Keep at a high elevation, staying high means that the other team will find it much harder to hit you.
    2. Keep on the move
    3. If damaged, return to base to get a friendly engineer to repair you.
    4. The machine gun which is unlocked by the upgrade "Alternate weapons" is very effective at taking out camping enemies such as those bastardly Recons. It is best used at medium height.

But after reading through all that, you may be asking what is the USE or PURPOSE of the UAV. Well, first and foremost, it should be used to take out enemy tanks/helicopters and machine gun emplacements. After destroying those, you may move on to infantry/MCOM stations

Assests (cont.)
    Ahh, the wonderful tank! Like the UAV, it can be a destructive and unstoppable force if used correctly. You can stay in one tank a whole game if you know how to.
    First of all, the tank should be used from afar to take out machine guns/tracer darts, your main enemies. After those are taken care of, you may move up and unleash your full destructive ability. Here are some tips to using tanks
    1. Get a good gunner. A good gunner can mean dividends. How can you tell if you got a good gunner? A good gunner protects your sides and your ass and does NOT shoot where you're shooting. If you get blown up by those Recon bastards with C4, you can blame it entirely on your gunner.
    2. Get an engineer, or preferably two. An engineer can prolong the life of your tank by tenfold.

[IMG]https://www.infoaddic*****m/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/tank_firepower.jpg[/IMG]

Stick together!
    A team that sticks together is guaranteed a longer life then those who go solo. Sticking close to tanks is a win-win situation. The tank provides you cover, while you provide the tank cover from those annoying Recons.

Well, that's all for now. I thank you for reading this thread (which I hope will get stickied). Look out for Part II!

Credits
    CJenson for ideas.
    Last edited by NextGen1; 08-16-2010 at 01:01 PM.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BossMan. For This Useful Post:

DELTAdestroyer (10-12-2010),deniz513 (08-17-2010),distiny (10-20-2011),gunerfox (05-09-2011),Hugo2100 (12-04-2010),lordofme50 (10-04-2010),lv3 (08-23-2010),Mr.G (11-11-2010),SammyZee56 (01-31-2011),Sparkie7 (04-27-2011),squash85 (08-25-2010),swat1 (10-24-2010),Wi1qi (08-19-2011),wibrator111 (06-01-2011),zanny1 (09-01-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

BFBC2 Ultimate guide part ll

Medics: The deadly supports
    Medics are the heart and sole of each team. Without them, a team will most definitely fall apart. They are equipped with powerful light-machine guns with massive clips and powerful bullets, designed for spraying.

So how do you play the medic? Well first and foremost medics start out with ANY of their equipment, which is a pain in the ass, but when the unlocks come, you'll still be a pain in the ass, but for the enemy. A medic is a support class, which means that you should stick with your teammate/squad mate to be able to provide the support they need, which is
    1. By placing down medkits whenever your teammates group together.
    2. By reviving fallen comrades with your defibrillator
    3. By providing cover from your LMG
    4. By shooting helicopters down with your LMG, which has huge amounts of ammo.

They may sound like the ultimate class, but they have one MAJOR weakness, and that is against tanks. A medic is a sitting duck against a tank. Also, they may be prone to reviving mates which are lying dead out in the open, which will just end up in both their deaths.

Here are the medic unlocks:

PKM Light Machine Gun

Unlocked Out of Box

M249 SAW Light Machine Gun

Unlocked with 3,300 Kit Points
    Type 88 Light Machine Gun

Unlocked with 8,600 Kit Points

M60 Light Machine Gun

Unlocked with 25,000 Kit Points

XM8 LMG Light Machine Gun

Unlocked with 8,600 Kit Points

MG36 Light Machine Gun

Unlocked with 42,000 Kit Points
    MG3 Light Machine Gun

Unlocked with 57,000 Kit Points
    Medic Red Dot Sight

Description: A highly effective optical sight providing enhanced point and shoot capability for close quarter combat. It does not emit a laser and therefore is considered a “passive” aiming device.
    Field Notes: The Red Dot Sight offers a more precise view when aiming down the sights. Most players will find it much easier to engage targets from mid to long range with this scope. If your comfortable enough with the iron sights, you might want to skip this specialization for a ammo, or mobility upgrade.
    MP Unlock: 14,700 Medic Score
    4X Rifle Scope

Description: 4X optical rifle sight that increases magnification and accuracy for aimed shots at medium ranges
    Field Notes: This scope offers a lot more magnification than the Red Dot Sight, making it better suited for targeting enemies at greater distances. Do not bother equipping it on weapons that have poor accuracy at intermediate or long ranges. This scope is most effective when attached to assault rifles, and Light Machine Guns. The 4x does reduce your peripheral vision when zoomed in. This scope can also be attached to Sniper Rifles, offering less magnification than their standard-issue 6X Scopes.
    MP Unlock: 17,900 Medic Score
    Medic Improved Range

Description: A modification that extends the range of previously deployed medical kits on the battlefield. It provides longer range healing to seriously injured personnel.
    Field Notes:
    Use this specialization to increase the range of your med-kits. This uses the 2nd spec slot, so you can combine it with the increased heal rate spec, to greatly increase your range and effectiveness on the Battlefield. This will also greatly increase the chance of gaining heal points.
    How it Works: This specialization doubles the range of your med kits. The standard medkit has a range of 3.5 meters. When using this Spec, your med kits will have a effective range of 7 meters.
    MP Unlock:
    21,300 Medic Score
    Medic Improved Heal

Description: This Advanced Medical Kit allows for quick and accurate diagnosis of injured soldiers. It substantially increases the rate of healing to med kits already deployed on the Battlefield.
    Field Notes: Equip this specialization to increased the healing rate of your deployed med-kits. This takes up your 1st spec slot which is reserved for scopes and ammo upgrades so be sure to utilize it by throwing down plenty of med-kits to team-mates.
    How it Works: This increases your med kits healing rate by 33% resulting in a faster heal time. Just like the regular med-kit, it has a healing radius of 3.5 meters.
    MP Unlock: 11,600 Medic Score
    Marksman LMG Training

Description: Light Machine Gun modification that uses a heavy machined barrel when firing down the sight.
    Field Notes: This specialization improves the accuracy of your assault rifle. Marksman training only works when your aiming down the sights with a weapon. It does not offer any benefit to hip fire.
    How it works: This Specialization reduces bullet spread by 33% on any gun when aiming down the sight.
    MP Unlock: 23,500 Medic Score
    Life-33 / medic kit
    Portable healing station
    Deploy to heal nearby wounded soldiers
    Contains a limited amount of healing supplies

Life-33b
    Additional advanced medical equipment to diagnose and heal injuries speeds the healing effect of your deployed medkits

Life-33c
    Higher capacity medkit increased the effective healing range of you deployed medkits

Def-2
    Automated external defibrillator (AED) allows a medic to restore life to wounded soldiers. (Use on healthy soldiers is inadvisable…)

Last edited by NextGen1; 08-16-2010 at 01:03 PM.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BossMan. For This Useful Post:

CyNiiK (09-13-2010),deniz513 (08-17-2010),elicolejay (11-30-2012),hugh_who (09-14-2010),Hugo2100 (12-04-2010),lv3 (08-23-2010),Masakea66 (04-29-2014),SammyZee56 (01-31-2011),squash85 (08-25-2010),Wi1qi (08-19-2011),XavZz (08-25-2010),zanny1 (09-01-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Part 3

this was written by Dr. Fatality.
    I just moved it over here.
    So be sure to thank him (NOT ME)

As promised, here is a guide on using the various classes in BFBC2.

Assualt : The enforcers

These guys are the tip of the spear when it comes to BFBC2. Equipped with assault rifles capable of firing at around 800 rounds a minute, grenade launchers and ammo boxes, these guys are the ultimate all rounders. As a rule of thumb, a team should have more Assault's than any other classes. Here are my tips when playing Assault.

1. Burst fire. Burst firing is much more accurate and saves your ammo (even though you get ammo boxes).
    2. Use your grenade launcher. The grenade launcher is effective against everything but tanks and helicopters. Use it to bring enemies cowering behind walls and/or cover.

AEK 970 Assault Rifle

XM8 Prototype Assault Rifle

Unlocked with 3,000 Kit Points

F2000 Assault Rifle

Unlocked with 8,000 Kit Points

STG .77 Assault Rifle

Unlocked with 20,000 Kit Points

AN94 Abakan Assault Rifle

Unlocked with 28,000 Kit Points

M416 Assault Rifle

Unlocked with 35,000 Kit Points

M16A2 Assault Rifle

Unlocked with 47,000 Kit Points
    Red Dot Sight

Description: A highly effective optical sight providing enhanced point and shoot capability for close quarter combat. It does not emit a laser and therefore is considered a “passive” aiming device.
    Field Notes: The Red Dot Sight offers a more precise view when aiming down the sights. Most players will find it much easier to engage targets from mid to long range with this scope. If your comfortable enough with the iron sights, you might want to skip this specialization for a ammo, or mobility upgrade.
    MP Unlock: 13,900 Assault Score
    4X Rifle Scope

Description: 4X optical rifle sight that increases magnification and accuracy for aimed shots at medium ranges
    Field Notes: This scope offers a lot more magnification than the Red Dot Sight, making it better suited for targeting enemies at greater distances. Do not bother equipping it on weapons that have poor accuracy at intermediate or long ranges. This scope is most effective when attached to assault rifles, and Light Machine Guns. The 4x does reduce your peripheral vision when zoomed in. This scope can also be attached to Sniper Rifles, offering less magnification than their standard-issue 6X Scopes.
    MP Unlock: 17,00 Assault Score
    Marksman Assault Rifle Training

Description: Assault Rifle modification that uses a fully adjustable fore grip and telescopic stock to custom fit a weapon to its operator. When properly set, it greatly improves handling characteristics and increases the accuracy of aimed fire.
    Field Notes: This specialization improves the accuracy of your assault rifle. Marksman training only works when your aiming down the sights with a weapon. It does not offer any benefit to hip fire.
    How it works: This Specialization reduces bullet spread by 33% on any gun when aiming down the sight.
    MP Unlock: 23,500 Assault Score
    Gl40mm Grenade Launcher
    40mm high explosive grenades for the assault rifles underslung launchers
    Effective against infantry and light vehicles

Smk40mm Smoke Launcher
    40mm smoke grenades for assault rifles
    Provides a visual screen to aid battle field movements
    Conceals targets near the point of impact

Sg40mm / Shotgun
    40mm shotgun rounds for the assault rifles underslung launchers
    Filled with 12 tungsten darts for close range combat
    Effectiveness suffers greatly over range

Ammo-2 / Ammunition box
    Portable ammunition supply points deploy to replenish ammo for nearby soldiers
    Contains a limited amount of resupplies
    Credits:
    The stonedsheep for pictures
    Me for the writing
    Last edited by NextGen1; 08-17-2010 at 12:18 AM.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

antioch (12-06-2010),BossMan. (08-16-2010),ella22 (09-23-2010),Hugo2100 (12-04-2010),lv3 (08-23-2010),SammyZee56 (01-31-2011),squash85 (08-25-2010),squidley (10-12-2010),Stevenom (12-29-2010),Wi1qi (08-19-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Thanks for the sticky

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BossMan. For This Useful Post:

deniz513 (08-17-2010),ella22 (09-23-2010),NextGen1 (08-17-2010),SammyZee56 (01-31-2011),Wi1qi (08-19-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Last edited by Comet; 10-02-2010 at 05:03 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Comet For This Useful Post:

sampiiii (01-08-2012),wibrator111 (06-01-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Good Job M8

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Np, this section needid one to make it more simple.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast