Thread: PC Problem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Thumbs up PC Problem

Hey guys i am not sure where to post this so please any MOD move this to correct section.

Okay I've recently been having some problems with my computer . It has been running at a very high cpu usage whenever i launch an application.
    Whenever it's doing something stable i am getting great CPU usage and no temperature. So you might be wondering whats the problem, Well ;
    I am doing multiboxing which requires me to relaunch the launcher for the application every time which my PC struggles with .Whenever the application is fully launched it goes back to normal cpu usage. The main problem is that when i get near or at 100% cpu usage . My screen freezes, goes black and everything closes. Now my friend with the same cpu can run at 100% fine and nothing closes and pc is just slow ;/ . How do i stop this?

Now to solve this i tried :
    1. Updating graphics drivers
    2. Updating windows
    3. Closing unnecessary applications
    4. Virus scan

Do you guys think i need an upgrade? Its literally strugglign so hard and i want to continue multiboxing which the computer has no problem with .

My specs:
    • i5 4690K
    • Z97 Motherboard Gaming 5
    • GTX 960.
    • 16GB RAM

Last edited by Prodigy Realm; 07-15-2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: small edit

Thanks
    Got any screenshots of task manager when its at 100% usage? Is disk usage also high?

Thanks
    I'd say make sure your CPU Cooler isn't dusty and if it's liquid that there is still liquid actually in it and it didn't dry up.
    Please press "Thanks" or "Add to Reputation" if I bought, sold, or helped you.

[IMG]https://static01.ny*****m/images/2017/11/06/us/07xp-hoaxes/07xp-hoaxes-articleLarge.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Impossible cause when it reaches 100 percent it drops immediately caused the apps are closed . Also im running a semi new cpu cooler and its definately not dusty and attached correctly

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Backup data and install windows again. That's always the fix (i know there are better fixes but i like having a clean, new computer)

Thanks
    before jumping into hardware, make sure the software that you are running is fine. Even though your friend with the same CPU can handle it, you might have other software causing instability with other programs opened at the same time. If you found no issue, go with a clean windows installation. I would try to run whatever is causing the crashes before anything else (even drivers, try both with outdated and newest drivers)
    For hardware, ofc, check temperatures of the CPU, make sure they are OK, and check the RAM, run a RAM test.
    Last edited by slayer8028; 07-17-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks
    I had this happening with my water cooler, make sure the lotion thing that goes on the cpu isnt too old. Also make sure all your Power supply cables are plugged in, and if nothing works just do a clean reset, it will probably fix it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by enough007 View Post
    Backup data and install windows again. That's always the fix (i know there are better fixes but i like having a clean, new computer)
    Whats the most efficient way ? I have a hard drive 2TB , and an a ssd with my windows and others. I dont have any external hard drives so how can i do this smoothly?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy Realm View Post
    Whats the most efficient way ? I have a hard drive 2TB , and an a ssd with my windows and others. I dont have any external hard drives so how can i do this smoothly?
    It's preferable you get an external hard drive to make it smooth and to not have to delete anything from your other drives

Other than that, just backup on one of your harddrives ( the one with the most space available )

Thanks
    Can't help you tbh but I wish you the best in solving those issues.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I think your system is pretty fine , unless you dont own an ssd you should get on and format and install windows on the new SSD .
    other than that , check for thermal paste replacement check if components arent blocked from dust , have a secure airflow through your tower
    i pretty much think any of these will fix your problem.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    try re insert memory kits. change sides. clean from dust if there
    check ram errors.