Thanks

Enter Cheat/Command into Game Console with C++

I'm currently working on a small trainer for Fallout3, and I want to have it give weapons, instead of getting the memory address for the weapons, i was wondering if it was possible to have C++ enter commands into the games developer console such as:

tgm (god)
    player.additem <ITEM #> <AMOUNT>

Thanks,
    Archey

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Yes it is possible, and if you know C++, you probabily know that it is...
    And no, no one will do that for you
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I don't get what you're trying to do..

Thanks
    @Brinuz Never said i wanted it done for me, just wondering if its possible. And to be steered in the right direction.

@Davidm44 I am wondering if it possible to have a C++ program enter cheats(pre-set by the game devs)/commands into the games console(developer console used in-game) for fallout 3, I have all the item #'s already.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    You will need the address to the commandline / console (whatever you want to call it). There's a similar hack in combatarms where commands are pushed to the console. For that game we search for the LT Client pointer because the game was built on the Lithtech engine (hence the LT). Im not sure which game engine fallout was built on, but do a little research in that direction. Then you will need to find the console for it, but we can't begin till you know the engine type. And even then the console might be disabled like it is in MW2... atleast that's what I hear.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    You will need the address to the commandline / console (whatever you want to call it). There's a similar hack in combatarms where commands are pushed to the console. For that game we search for the LT Client pointer because the game was built on the Lithtech engine (hence the LT). Im not sure which game engine fallout was built on, but do a little research in that direction. Then you will need to find the console for it, but we can't begin till you know the engine type. And even then the console might be disabled like it is in MW2... atleast that's what I hear.

The console is not disabled in Fallout3, like it is in MW2, like most in-game consoles just need to hit the Tilde(~) and it'll open. As for the engine
    Fallout 3 uses a version of the same Gamebryo engine as Oblivion, and was developed by the same team.
    << from the Fallout wiki Fallout 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    If the console can be opened up by the tilde key you don't even have to write to memory per say. You could just send keys directly to your Fallout game via a hotkey or something.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    If the console can be opened up by the tilde key you don't even have to write to memory per say. You could just send keys directly to your Fallout game via a hotkey or something.

Thanks, Can you point me to a tutorial or something

Thanks
    keybd_event Function (Windows)
    Thats what I use for key presses.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to danng4280 For This Useful Post:

why06 (03-27-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by danng4280 View Post
    keybd_event Function (Windows)
    Thats what I use for key presses.
    Yep and you will also want to use GetAsyncKeyState() for your hotkeys to control your hack.

There's plenty of links and info on how to do this, much on MPGH as well. Just look around, search and check the stickies.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    Try to create an Injectable version.
    Find the main file used by the console.
    for Example CA uses CShell.dll to load commands into the console.
    So create an injectable version of the console
    with a D3D GUI window. Like mine, then say i want to remove fog.
    in D3D console window i created,
    i would type : FogEnable0
    then press enter.
    to turn it back on i would type: FogEnable1.
    So give that a try and let me know how it works.