Thanks

PB is scanning computer files

PB truly is scanning computer files for detected hacks and other programs like cheat engine. Today I downloaded Cheat Engine 5.3's source code and when I started playing Warrock it said invalid memory image twice. After the second time I decided that because I wasn't using any hacks or bypasses it must be the cheat engine source code. So, I decided to change Cheat Engine 5.3's source code file name to C1. I also did this with the installed version of Cheat Engine 5.3 before this when I got the same error and got banned several times. Once I did this the message disappeared and I did not get it again. Also I did not restart my computer or Warrock so this clearly points to the theory that PB is scanning computer files. Even though it may seem illegal it may be perfectly legal because It probably only scans for as I said earlier detected hacks not random folders. Which means because those hacks affect their servers they may be able to get away with it. So just be careful if you have detected hacks change the filename otherwise you may get the invalid memory image and be banned for 0 minutes, but eventually it may ban you for 1440 minutes. This may also explain the "so called" IP bans because I thought they did that to me but eventually I could play once I deleted all hacks and changed CE's name to C and C1.

Thanks
    the only way they could scan your computer is if you agreed to it if they would do it without your permission you could sue them

Thanks
    for the invalid memory image just uninstall and reinstall pb

Thanks
    to scan for known hacks theyd have to scan every folder of your comp...its not like everyone keeps their hacks in the same folders...and invalid memory image is a random error...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by platinum92 View Post
    the only way they could scan your computer is if you agreed to it if they would do it without your permission you could sue them
    They kind of do have your permisssion....the agreement you click yes to everytime you make an account gives them admin rights on your pc if i am not mistaken

Thanks
    Virus scan detects them they scanned my computer... My V-Scan picked it up and its now no-longer able to scan my comp.
    I may not be perfect. BUT AT LEAST I'M A MEMBER OF MPGH!!!!

----♥♥-♥♥----Put This
    ---♥♥---♥♥---In Your
    ---♥♥---♥♥---Sig If
    ---♥♥---♥♥---You Know
    ----♥♥-♥♥----Someone
    -----♥♥♥-----Who Died Or Is Suffering
    ----♥♥-♥♥----from
    ---♥♥---♥♥---Cancer

Thanks
    They do not scan your computer. Why? Because they know it is illegal and they would not do it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
    They kind of do have your permisssion....the agreement you click yes to everytime you make an account gives them admin rights on your pc if i am not mistaken
    thats true i kept getting banned evey 15 mins and not even hacking turned pc on and off still getting banned so i deleted all the detected hacks and im good.......

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by mike3667 View Post
    They do not scan your computer. Why? Because they know it is illegal and they would not do it.
    they can because it is legal for them to do so, why you may ask?

its that little box you check when you install punkbuster next to the words saying I have read over this carefully and understand this document without actually reading it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    they can because it is legal for them to do so, why you may ask?

its that little box you check when you install punkbuster next to the words saying I have read over this carefully and understand this document without actually reading it
    Erm.. I deleted that part off my contract -.-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    you cant delete the part of that contract moron... or you are not allowed to install pb using a modified ToS, and they wouldn't use that in a court of law as an excuse to sue them... You can't go in front of a judge and say IM SUING PB BECAUSE I DELETED THE PART OF THE ToS THAT SAYS THEY CAN SCAN MY COMPUTER BUT THEY DID ANYWAYS.

The judge would be like "Get the fuck out of my court" and throw your case out...

Thanks
    Well I did >:l I clicked on the button that says.

Click here- if you do not like anything of the contract
    button

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    ... pb doesn't install when you click that option you moron, so if you play warrock and pb is running right now then at some point you agreed to their rules

and when you sign up for international warrock they make you agree to install PB if you play warrock, without PB installed on your computer Warrock wouldn't work which proves that you are full of shit

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    ... pb doesn't install when you click that option you moron, so if you play warrock and pb is running right now then at some point you agreed to their rules

and when you sign up for international warrock they make you agree to install PB if you play warrock, without PB installed on your computer Warrock wouldn't work which proves that you are full of shit
    lol which proves you are full of shit : P