Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

What should I get

I'm looking into buying a programming book. From Amazon.... I found a couple of interesting ones.

Amazon.com: Programming Windows (Microsoft Programming Series) (0790145199508): Charles Petzold: Books

I was thinking of getting this but I already have a file pdf so I digress.

Amazon.com: Exploiting Online Games: Cheating Massively Distributed Systems (9780132271912): Greg Hoglund, Gary McGraw: Books

interesting, but I'm only contemplating because idk if it's any good, but I'm assuming it is since most the reviews are good.

Amazon.com: Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Edition (9781593271442): Jon Erickson: Books

Looks good but the wait is 1 - 4 months.
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    First: That's really more of a reference then anything. That book might have been more important before the advent of MSDN, but there is no reason for you to have it. I know cuz I read it. It's incredibly long and would take a year to read, unless you want to become an applications programmer I wouldn't touch it.

Second: Err... there's a book about that? o_O Sounds like the guy is making an excuse to teach kids how to hack games. Go for it!

Third: I also have this book. It's interesting to say the least. Even starting from the beginning it goes from C programming straight into assembly. If your interested in real hacking, not just game hacking I definitely 100% recommend that book as a starter guide. Conversly there's a book: "Reversing: the art of reverse engineering" Don't read that one till you have a Ph.D in Windows system on all levels. It's no walk in the park. The introduction says you can get by, but that is bull. You really need to already be experienced in the field cuz that book doesn't try to teach you shit. =/

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Why some gamers cheat
    2nd book. I would love to see what he says.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I might just get the one on game hacking since it's the only one I couldn't find a file for on the web and since it'll deliver by monday.
    ~

Thanks
    I downloaded an e-book of the 2nd one, not worth it imo.
    They have like 3 pages of code for a not functioning WoW bot and thats it, the rest is all theory and examples of people who exploit WoW for gold.

They might as well rename that book to 'how to be a no-lifer farming for gold in WoW', since thats pretty much all it is about

Profesional Rootkits by Ric Vieler is nice tho, I got the e-book by searching on ********** and its pretty awsome. explains kernel hooks and proces injection in such a way all an anticheat would see is 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA', which ofcourse can be changes to make it look like theres nothign there

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Hmmm... sounds interesting, perhaps I should check it out. ;l

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    My question is... Why the fuck would they sell these books on amazon.
    In Choob Language:
    also for all your info.. i didnt copy and paste shit.. coz i dont think anyone has realeased any source code for the New update of CA.. so sdfu..
    In English:
    I didn't copy and paste because no one has released what I need copy and paste
    Oh Choobs...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I kinda figured that the second book probably didn't do any actual teaching on game hacking rather than him talking about his lame attempts at hacking.... So I decided instead of learning anyone else's crap approach to game hacking I can form my own methods from learning more. So I've been looking for an actual hacking book, but my mom hasn't gotten me the gift card to buy anything yet anyways...
    ~

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post
    I kinda figured that the second book probably didn't do any actual teaching on game hacking rather than him talking about his lame attempts at hacking.... So I decided instead of learning anyone else's crap approach to game hacking I can form my own methods from learning more. So I've been looking for an actual hacking book, but my mom hasn't gotten me the gift card to buy anything yet anyways...
    ~
    I recommend 'Profesional Rootkits by Ric Vieler', its pretty sick, has lots of code and u can hide from anticheats =D

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    That thing has no reviews but people TRolling on how bad it is....
    ~