Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

How To Create A Simple Userbar.

Hey guys, first tutorial I've ever made. This was made in Photoshop CS4 BTW. Credits First, so people who know this don't think I've ripped this. I'm just making it more brief, simpler, and so that people won't have to search for this, I'm posting it here.

Alright first, create a new picture. Make it 350x19.Now, choose you background color. Use the gradient tool and the colors that would suit the theme you are making a bar for. I will be using Red going to Blue(I'm doing Firefox). Make sure that the gradient is going up. To do this, simply create a new layer(CTRL+SHIFT+N). Now go to New Adjustment Layer>Gradient. Then choose your colors.

Now we are adding diagonal lines seen in all userbars. Create a new picture. Make the background transparent, and make the size 6x6. Create a pencil line diagonally from bottom left to top right. After that, go to Edit>Define Pattern, and name it whatever. Exit that, and go back to your original picture. Choose the pattern stamp tool, set it to around 20-30% Opacity, and brush over your userbar with it. Now add your logo, and make sure that it's background is transparent.

Almost done! Just a few more things. First thing, adding the text.Almost everybody, including me, uses the Visitor font. When you choose the font tool, choose Palettes and do the following. Set the font size to 10pt. When you write the text, use the stroke blending option to create a black or white 1 pixel border, depending on the font color.

Second thing. The elliptic, white, transparent effect. To do this, choose the Ellipse Tool, select Create Filled Region and set the opacity to 30% or less to get the best quality. Create a new ellipse with this tool so that it's bottom part is located in the top of the picture.

Last thing. Border.The final thing to do is to add a 1 pixel border to the whole picture, and do it with around 20% opacity. I hope that there is no need to explain this. And here is what I got.

Really terrible, made this in like, 5 minutes, your guys's will look much better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Synchromanica For This Useful Post:

MugreX (06-30-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Pictures would help. =).... alot of things werent working for me... like the text for some reason wouldnt show... and the gradient effect was a little complicated to get..
    Latest ======= =
    =
    === =

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    OMG Thank you ! Thanked Oh, now I know how to do these! Here is mine... I did a little exploring and changed some thing but it still came out good :P
    [IMG]https://i402.photobucke*****m/albums/pp110/96549/360USERBAR.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Good tutorial although the text is kind of hard to read and screenshots would help the more basic audience