Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Combat arms: Shotgun's

Shotguns are large, semi-automatic guns (or automatic in cases of the SPAS-12 (and variants) and the Saiga 20K) that are very powerful damage-wise, but must be used at a close range for full potential. The damage that shotguns do decreases dramatically with range. Therefore, when using a shotgun, you should always get up close to your enemies before shooting. In small maps like Junk Flea, your enemies will almost always be in your face, making shotguns very useful.

Shotguns deal large amounts damage because when you fire off one "shot", that shot is actually a bundle of five bullets. The farther you are from the target of impact, the more the five bullets will spread. Therefore, shotguns don't require absolutely precise aim to deal damage.

All shotguns are incompatible with scope and suppressor modifications, but are compatible with "magazine" mods (minus the double barrel) (however, the Saiga 20K is the only shotgun that actually uses a magazine).

All shotguns can be fired mid-reload, because they are reloaded bullet by bullet instead of a whole clip (besides the Double Barrel and Saiga 20K).

The reload speed of a shotgun depends on how many shots need to be inserted. The speed of reloading from 0 bullets is seven times slower than reloading from 6 bullets (besides the Double Barrel and Saiga 20K).

Due to recent "re-balances", many shotguns no longer possess the huge damage dealing that they had before, most notably, the M590 Military, which no longer does one shot kills.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mossberg M590 Military
    Common Name: M590

This one-hit kill shotgun is very popular among the shotgun enthusiasts, simply due to its power. This shotgun is pump-action, meaning that by the time you can fire off another shot, the recoil will have already settled. This makes the high recoil somewhat meaningless, although it can still be disorienting.

(The damage has since been reduced so that it is only a one-hit kill to people with light vests)
    ----------------------------------------------
    Mossberg M590 Military CQB (Supply Case)

Common Name: M590 CQB

This is an upgrade on the regular M590 by adding a fixed stock. The M590 CQB has significantly less recoil, making it easier to aim and handle. It is now more powerful than the regular M590 due to a damage reduction. It is now the only shotgun capable of a one hit kill (besides dual shot from the Punisher) making it highly sought after.

The M590 CQB can be obtained from various Supply Cases, the chance that you will get one is fairly high and players deem that trying to get one is worth the money.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remington R870

Common name: 9870
    The Remington shotgun is not the most popular choice because it takes two shots to kill and still requires pump-action, but there are some advantages. The R870 features significantly less recoil than the M590. It also has a huge bullet spread between the five bullets, so that you don't have to get as close to your enemies and have a much higher chance of getting lucky headshots.

The R870 is the cheapest shotgun, good if you are low on money. It reloads unbearably slow, so don't reload out in the open.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Franchi SPAS-12

Common Name: SPAS

This semi-automatic shotgun has a very fast firing rate (for a shotgun) for quick and easy two-hit kills. Far more accurate than the other shotguns, the SPAS is a good all-around choice. Because there is no pump action needed, the SPAS is affected by its own recoil.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Franchi SPAS-12 Stock (Supply Case)

Common Name: SPAS Stock

An upgraded SPAS12 with a fixed stock, this shotgun is no different besides a recoil reduction.

The SPAS-12 Stock has a NX counterpart avaliable in the SG-N supply crate: the SPAS-12 Stock Gold. It is identical besides being gold-plated.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Franchi SPAS-12 Gold

Common Name: SPAS Gold (not to be confused with the SPAS-12 Stock Gold)

Since the SPAS-12 is the weakest shotgun, this Black Market variant is welcomed, because it features a nice damage increase.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Double Barrel

The Double Barrel is a strong shotgun capable of one-hit kills. The recoil is not as massive as that of the M590. Major drawbacks of the Double Barrel, however, are that it has a clip size of just two and a ridiculously huge crosshair. A magazine mod can not be attached. The Double Barrel's reload speed is constant and does not vary.

A unique ability of the Double Barrel is that you can press the right mouse button to discharge both shots at once. This releases all bullets in your clip (1 or 2) and guarantees a one-hit kill at more range. However, because the single shot can already deal great damage, the double shot doesn't need to be used often.

There is also a variant of the Double Barrel Called the Double Barrel Silver, obtainable by supply case/crate. Exact same stats, but the effective range is increased by about 50%, which makes it a much better weapon.

As a final note, although this is a sawed-off shotgun, its accuracy is about the same as a standard shotgun, so don't worry about the ginormous (and useless) spread of an actual sawed-off.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saiga 20K

The Saiga 20K is a fully automatic shotgun, similar in performance to the SPAS12, but looking more like an assault rifle, because it uses an ammo clip instead of the single bullet loading of the other shotguns. The Saiga 20K has a high rank requirement and is better than the SPAS-12 in all aspects that it does not match, with no drawbacks to compensate besides its abnormally high price.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~G36E~ For This Useful Post:

CRUSTY (04-14-2010),kentonyu (04-14-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    You forgot about the AA12. The AA12 uses a drum mag and can't fire in the middle of reloading. you might also want to include more info about nx shotguns and say that the only scoped shotgun is the R870 MCS Mod

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Im so tired, i dident put the AA-12 in.

I might sometime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    mossberg 590 CQB is really like a mossberg 500

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Most shot guns are underpowerd in this Game
    The G36E does more Damage than the last unlocked shotgun(GP) (Saiga 20k camo)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Ahh god damnit

I fail

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Most of these information you are putting up seems rather off or out-dated, and the rest almost identical to that on combat arms wikia.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm leeching, but i am hand typing the information.

It's not like im copying and pasteing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    M590 CQB isn't a OHK as good as it used to be, its been SIGNIFICATLY nerfed since the SG patch where nexon nerfed all shotguns... IMO the CQB and other NX-R and GP-R shotguns should NOT be nerfed and just be kept a bit more rare.
    Any donations would help

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alby-kun

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDemon
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussofresh View Post
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!
    [21:13] CoderNever: HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Uhh...
    To be frank, you're better off saying in your initial post that you are getting the information from another source and attribute to it, or credit it in some way. Despite the fact that the site you are "leeching" from may not subject you to due process of copyright infringement, you are using a good deal of information from their site.

Just remember, even if you paraphrase, you still need to cite your source.
    I am only going to post this once on here, but you should consider editing your posts by giving the deserved citation.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by darthmala View Post
    Uhh...
    To be frank, you're better off saying in your initial post that you are getting the information from another source and attribute to it, or credit it in some way. Despite the fact that the site you are "leeching" from may not subject you to due process of copyright infringement, you are using a good deal of information from their site.

Just remember, even if you paraphrase, you still need to cite your source.
    I am only going to post this once on here, but you should consider editing your posts by giving the deserved citation.
    Yup.

First of all, it is just common courtesy. If you have used someone else's work, the least you can do is offer thanks by acknowledging him/her. In addition to courtesy, giving credit will help you to avoid plagiarizing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    So He Got Everything From Wiki? 0:

Need Help? With Anything? Add Me On Msn.
    simplyown123@hotmail.com

Made By Me

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Seems like it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Okay guys no spamming, he stated he got the information from Wiki but "re-wrote" the information.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Give credits, you still haven't....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast