Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Desert Thunder and Cabin Fever tips & walkthroughs

Greetings MPGH. In this thread I will explain to you some tips on how to complete Desert Thunder and Cabin Fever. First off, Desert Thunder.

The Desert Thunder mission is split up into four sectors:
    • Sector 1 - Insertion route
    • Sector 2 - The Temple
    • Sector 3 - The Road
    • Sector 4 - The Town

Sector 1

Sector 2
    Sector 3
    Sector 4

Here's what you need
    Primary Weapon: A low-recoil or high power assault rifle. AK Variants, M4 Variants
    I do not recommend MG's even though they contain 200 ammo, their are plenty of ammo boxes around.
    Primary Weapon #2: You can either go with a sniper (any) or a shotgun (any except for Double Barrel) or another AR
    Vest: There is alot of controversy going on about which vest to use. The answer is simple, the one that suits your gameplay.

--Walkthrough--
    Sector 1
    When you start, waste your grenade by throwing it somewhere with a bunch of enemies. You will most likely make it to the next part, therefore recovering your grenade. After you throw the grenade, come out and rush at the enemies.

Sector 2
    After you recover/respawn (if you suck); clear the guys on the floor and the scouts on the second floor. Whatever you do, do not touch the gates!! Then, activate the doors with the black soldiers (don't touch any gates) and use your grenade. Just continue up the gates without activating the black soldiers. Sweep the doors to clear the area.
    After the wall explodes, continue straight and clear the alley, but don't use your grenade.

Sector 3
    After clearing Sector 2, clear out the people in the bus so you can hide there. Blow up the tank by knifing it until it goes on fire, then running away and then pistoling it. Now, clear the people infront from the cover of the bus.

Sector 4
    Now, there will be chaos. You have a choice of 3 extraction points, pick either A or C. B is suicide, do whatever you can from getting killed.

Tips:
    1. Be careful of grenades, enemies frequently throw them (even when they die)
    2. Assault rifles (as mentioned before) are the best for this map as yellow boxes get frequently dropped.
    3. You may see experienced players in the lobby before the game starts exclaim "No Gates" to the less experienced players. This means that inside the first building, no one should open the two objective gates on either side of the courtyard as they are optional to opening and aren't required for winning. Instead, one can shoot the boobytrap mine on the left side terrace (located by it's trip laser) igniting a blast that destroys part of the upper terrace allowing players from the courtyard to make it to the upper floor without triggering the irritating extra guards from appearing when you open the gates. The Elite Soldiers in black still appear but can be easily defeated from a distance as they won't try to go down the stairs through the unopened gates. This strategy is extremely valid and useful on harder difficulties as the enemy pouring through the gates can easily overwhelm a not well organized team.
    The "No Gates" strategy has recently been deemed a "bannable glitch."
    4. Aim for the head as you progress.

--Cabin Fever--

Recommended equipment. Depends on role and position
    Primary Slot 1: " "
    Primary Slot 2: " "
    Primary Slot 3 (Optional): " "
    Vest: " "

Before I start, I recommend you make a game plan with your teammates. Work out which role you are going to play.

Support:
    Everyone should always be able to provide support, but certain players must support as their main objective. Support have the duty to kill multiple Infected when they are getting close, finishing off targets, covering others (spotting), warning/helping out with the Enforcers, and helping at a breach in the doors. They should be flexible enough to leave their temporary post (usually a window)and assist other players.
    Equipment for Support players (They can use a variety of weapons, but should only specialized in one type)
    AR: AK Variants, M4 Variants, G36E Variants
    MG: Any, but especially M60 and variants, MK 48 and variants, RPK and variants and MG36
    Shotgun: Only one, not recommended.

Sharpshooters:
    Sharpshooters are a vital part of keeping the Infected at bay. They may or may not be a popular choice since they often steal, hoard, or accumulate massive kills, but they are still important. Their job is to make sure the Infected don't have a chance to blink as soon as they spawn. They must be able to get headshots as much and as soon as possible at any range. It should be noted that they are usually the most vulnerable, not having time to change from their sniping point-of-view, therefore it is important to check the minimap and always have someone with you.
    Recommended Weapons:
    Assault Rifles - M14, AUG, G36, AK-47
    Sniper Rifles - SR-25, Dragunov SVD (Note that Bolt-action rifles are NOT recommended here; they have low ammo and slow reload times. Power isn't really needed here, M24 maybe used for experinced marksmen due the well-known accuracy and follow the motto "1 shot 1 kill")
    Machine Guns - Any

Heavy Infantry:
    Heavy infantry are crucial to keep the ever-increasing horde of zombies of reaching the Cabin. They accumulate loads of points, but lack in kills. They mow down and hold zombies by their huge amounts of ammo. They weaken the zombies and don't give them a chance to recover, however, they need lots of ammo and weaponry, and if one goes down, the team is then very vulnerable.

Recommended weapons
    MG: Any
    AR: Any

Walk through:
    Formation: There are three main areas to defend, the front and back doors, plus the hole in the wall. Keep 2 players at a door, and the rest to an assigned window. If support is lacking at one point; go and assist if you think your partner can handle it. Don't just camp or run around and do nothing.

Waves 1-4: You can relax and aim for points here. Pick off the stray zombies
    Waves 5-10: These get a little bit harder, every station should now be manned. Around level 5, the Witch will appear, focus on killing her first.
    Waves 11-15: These levels much more difficult; The Infected should not be trifled with this time around. Everyone will fully heal, right before the basement area is unlocked. The Enforcers will start appearing on Round 11. Everyone should maintain their posts and keep on maximum guard. NO ONE should abandon their post and run off. Consider the basement off-limits and stick to the posts. If you are overrun, regroup and rush around the Infected. The power will also go out frequently, Be sure to have someone go and turn it back on, so the game can proceed. To provide some help, an L96A1 Black Magnum will spawn in the basement crate. This weapon can come extreme handy if you manage to reach it and have not been killed. On Round 13, a M32 Grenade Launcher will spawn. Both weapons can be extremely useful, if used properly. But don't go rushing off or fight over them; and especially don't try to get them later on if it's too risky. Surviving is more important then grabbing new weaponry. And don't rely on "safe spots" too often, because they all have their flaws, or may not even work. As of the 2-3-10 patch, Nexon has put an invisible barrier to the pipes in the basement.
    Waves 16-18: By now, all hell has broken loose. The remaining survivors should evade the zombies at all costs, make sure no-one gets left behind. Consider upstairs OFF LIMITS for now, since most of the Blue Bastards spawn their. In round 18, there is an Air-Strike Designator, which is extremely useful if you know how to use it.
    Waves 19-20: The minigun spawns, this weapon is EXTREMELY useful, if you have the chance, take it, but do not focus on getting it too much. Do whatever you can to hold out until evac arrives.

Have questions or comments? Post below.

Remember to thank me.
    50% Combat arms wiki
    50% Mine
    Last edited by BossMan.; 04-20-2010 at 01:35 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BossMan. For This Useful Post:

ripper639 (04-26-2010),Stevenom (04-19-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Nice, well put, great info.
    Nice sized screenies.

Btw, gates are faster.
    Last edited by Shocking; 04-19-2010 at 03:35 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shocking For This Useful Post:

CRUSTY (04-19-2010),thescarface2 (04-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
    Nice sized screenies.

Btw, gates are faster.
    I'm not disagreeing with you but if you do no gates will get you banned demoted but it's good if you have a hack like skeleton would let you see GM's and if there isn't do no gates. ^_^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Nice guide, give credit to Combat Arms Wiki too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I have not yet been demoted or suspended for doing no gates... lol

Nice guide, a bit more pics from game can help more.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
    Nice sized screenies.

Btw, gates are faster.
    Gates are for PRO. Im a VIP noob...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Naruto_fAn

I have not yet been demoted or suspended for doing no gates either and I do Desert Thunder 10 times a day at least.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'll try to get some pics.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    For Cabin Fever, Weapns: Everyone has two MGs...Enough Said

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlley View Post

Gates are for PRO. Im a VIP noob...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Naruto_fAn

I have not yet been demoted or suspended for doing no gates either and I do Desert Thunder 10 times a day at least.
    Dude I said "If a GM was watching". Usually GM's do't watch but if they do. >.>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by thyslyer View Post
    For Cabin Fever, Weapns: Everyone has two MGs...Enough Said
    its true, but i only use 1 mg, i steal a dead guy's 1 and run like hell away...Then well, it works

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Very nice tutorial, i didn't read everything but it looks very nice !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixipixel_ For This Useful Post:

BossMan. (04-21-2010)