Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    paroxysm, what the christian beliefs are that Jesus,god, and the holy spirit, are all part of the same person.

Look, any logical way, one person cannot be three. But look at it this way, if Christians believe that One being created the entire universe, everything. Then having an allpowerful god split into three parts. This won't make sense to you, but its a metaphor(?) that I heard way back when:

God is an apple. He is the skin, jesus is the insides, and the holy spirit is the stem. They are all God in the end.

Christianity (from the Greek word Xριστός, Khristos, "Christ", literally "anointed one") is a monotheistic religion[1] based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as presented in the New Testament.[2]

-Wikipedia has spoken.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    [COLOR="Black"]God is an apple. He is the skin, jesus is the insides, and the holy spirit is the stem. They are all God in the end.
    You seriously think I haven't heard this kind of explanation? This is nearly as pathetic of an explanation as the three states of water. At the end of the day it's another religious platitude used to justify calling their religion a monotheistic belief. If you knew a little history about the Christian faith you would know that early Christians often had altercations with the polytheistic Romans (pre-63 AD [afterwards Nero fucked their shit up]) and to separate themselves from these "idol-worshipers" they bolstered this notion of the trinity that was already floating around in other sects.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 04-23-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    You seriously think I haven't heard this kind of explanation? This is nearly as pathetic of an explanation as the three states of water. At the of the day it's another religious platitude used to justify calling their religion a monotheistic belief. If you knew a little history about the Christian faith you would know that early Christians often had altercations with the polytheistic Romans (pre-63 AD [afterwards Nero fucked their shit up]) and to separate themselves from these "idol-worshipers" they bolstered this notion of the trinity that was already floating around in other sects.

lmfao nice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You seriously think I haven't heard this kind of explanation? This is nearly as pathetic of an explanation as the three states of water. At the end of the day it's another religious platitude used to justify calling their religion a monotheistic belief. If you knew a little history about the Christian faith you would know that early Christians often had altercations with the polytheistic Romans (pre-63 AD [afterwards Nero fucked their shit up]) and to separate themselves from these "idol-worshipers" they bolstered this notion of the trinity that was already floating around in other sects.
    wikipedia has spoken.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Paro thinks he knows everything, stop feeding the troll.

Even if you "win", he won't stop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    b4 Islam there was the Fetish worshiping. b4 Fetish worshiping along long time there was a very old religion witch is "Imbrahimiyah" witch is a worshiping God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    Paro thinks he knows everything, stop feeding the troll.

Even if you "win", he won't stop.
    Quoting wikipedia isn't winning, forming an irrefutable articulate argument isn't winning, being right is winning. I have no issue with saying Christianity operates as a monotheistic religion, but the trinity is a piss-poor justification for it.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quoting wikipedia isn't winning, forming an irrefutable articulate argument isn't winning, being right is winning. I have no issue with saying Christianity operates as a monotheistic religion, but the trinity is a piss-poor justification for it.
    reddi*****m: what's new online!

Go.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    God damn it Obama, you know me all too well.

YAY Randi.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    paroxysm, what the christian beliefs are that Jesus,god, and the holy spirit, are all part of the same person.

Look, any logical way, one person cannot be three. But look at it this way, if Christians believe that One being created the entire universe, everything. Then having an allpowerful god split into three parts. This won't make sense to you, but its a metaphor(?) that I heard way back when:

God is an apple. He is the skin, jesus is the insides, and the holy spirit is the stem. They are all God in the end.

Christianity (from the Greek word Xριστός, Khristos, "Christ", literally "anointed one") is a monotheistic religion[1] based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as presented in the New Testament.[2]

-Wikipedia has spoken.
    Yet people call Hinduism polytheistic yet there is one supreme being and all mini-gods or whatever are part of the supreme being.

And yet Christianity is monotheistic.

Imagine that.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    except hinduism says "the god of _".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    So the only thing that separates a monotheistic belief from a polytheistic belief is titles?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    So the only thing that separates a monotheistic belief from a polytheistic belief is titles?
    Well let me ask, is the BELIEF of the religion, or the bystanders view. Hindus themselved believe that its polytheistic, christians don't. So in the end its calling on anothers beliefs without understanding.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Well let me ask, is the BELIEF of the religion, or the bystanders view. Hindus themselved believe that its polytheistic, christians don't. So in the end its calling on anothers beliefs without understanding.
    I'm curious, how is it that Christians rationalize Satan? Is he a god? If he is wouldn't that make it a polytheistic belief? What about demons, are demons mini-gods?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Lucifer , is a fallen Angel. He was envious of Humans, and thought we are not worthy of God's love, he revolted against God, and was cast to the below by St. Michael the Archangel and God's army. (err i think thats it.) but hes just a fallen angel, not a demi-god etc, i basically think it was a 'shrooms story made by Dante. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast