Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Secondary Weapon: Striker

My first actual guide. Most of it is from my personal experience. If I am mistaken on anything or if you think I've overlooked something please feel free to comment. In case you're wondering I use the Striker with an RDS and I use a Thermal ACR. My perks are Scavenger Pro as I like to resupply my claymores, Hardline Pro just so I can unleash my killstreaks quicker, and Ninja Pro for camping goodness (call me cheap but its a legitimate tactic and I see it get poorly used to often).

Stats

Damage: 25-15 (x6) (150-90)
    Magazine Size: 12 - (18 with extended mags)
    Fire Mode: Semi-auto

Overview

The Striker is probably my favourite out of all the shotguns. Although some may argue that most of the other shotguns offer better damage, I love the rate of fire plus it has very little recoil, and in conjunction with a grip can dispatch enemies in building with very little effort. It also has a rather high mag size and you get plenty of ammunition along with it.

Useful Perks

Sleight of hand can make this a formidable weapon when clearing out buildings in Derail/Skidrow/Karachi and the underground segments of Highrise.

Stopping power also helps but you may find that the power difference doesn't change a significant amount and you'll end up offloading more than you need to due to your reactions.

Unless you've coupled it with a primary with a low cap size or if your looking to constantly restock on clays you'll find you'll rarely run out of ammo, so Scavenger won't help so much.

Steady aim doesn't help much with shotguns unless you have an akimbo setup. You'll find that the spread is slightly decreased but you can achieve a much better result with a grip.

Ninja Pro is one of the better perks. It's extremely useful in close-quarter situations, you can switch to the Striker as soon as you hear footsteps, giving your opponent very little chance to fire off as you fire 6 pellets every half second.

Attachments

I believe the only useful attachments for this are the grip and an RDS.

The added accuracy from the grip is good as it focuses the spread making it very formidable for top-down firing situations. For anyone who has played me in Derasil they'll know what I mean.

The RDS is useful as it clear up your vision (although the ironsights are rather small anyway) AND it also gives you a clear indication of the size of your spread.

I don't use the silencer very often. In most situations, especially in fire-fights as is the case with shotguns, the silencer isn't going to stop the enemy from knowing your position.

During my time levelling this weapon and using the FMJ I've found that it hasn't made much of a difference to the Strikers walling. The spread of the shotgun negates most of the added benefits from the FMJ.

Holographic sight is an ok attachment to have, but i personally prefer the RDS. I find the holo to be more suited for the high accuracy assaults like ACR and perhaps the FAMAS.

Extended mags are pretty much useless. I've only ever run out of ammo once, when I was camping hardcore mind you, and you're bound to have found a decent pick up by that time, or you can unleash your killstreaks then go weapon hunting.
    Last edited by Doc; 04-28-2010 at 02:00 AM.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

B4M (06-17-2010)

Thanks
    good job, im putting this in the guide compilation thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thanx bro.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST