Poll: Did this help?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Downloads FAQ

Thanks

Downloads FAQ

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

UPDATE: Thread prefixes now show whether links are up. Release means its up, Detected means they're down.

1. Why is there only one tiny file when I download one of your posted links?
    I use a download manager named JDownloader to create encrypted links stored in a small file, which is why these links stay up longer. The encrypted links can only be read by JDownloader (or sometimes Cryptload).
    2. Can you PM me the real links because I don't like this JDownloader program?
    NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Once I give out the real links, to anybody, there is too much risk that they will share them with others, and next thing you know, my links are dead.
    3. What Sites do you upload to?
    I originally started this post using **********, and all my games are there. However, I just started copying them to MU as well.
    4. Are the links interchangeable?
    Yes, 100%. The Part files used for RS and MU are the exact same files, so Part 9 from RS can be used to replace Part 9 from MU.
    5. What Region Codes do you upload?
    All my games can be played on NTSC/U (US) consoles. They may also play on other consoles, and I will post the exact regions the games support. While I try to find Region Free versions, that's not always possible, so some of the games may only support NTSC/U. At this time I am not uploading games from other regions, such as NTSC/J or PAL, unless that version also supports NTSC/U as well. Please do not ask.
    6. What is the password for your games?
    Since I upload all my games to my other site as well, I have no need to upload them again. Inmolak is the same. It is:
    Code:
    www.xbox360iso.com
    It is always lower case, has no spaces before, after or in the middle. It has two dots, after the www, and before the com. There is only one game that has a different password, Lost Odyssey and that was because I typed it wrong on disk 3. It is clearly stated on the page for that post.
    7. If your password is always the same, why do I get a password error halfway through extracting?
    Unless it gives a password error immediately, it is not a password error. When WinRar finds any error in a password protected file, it gives the "Wrong Password?" message. But, it also gives a Part number that it got the error on, and that's where the problem actually is, not the password. See next question.
    8. I got an error on one or more of the Part files, what should I do?
    There are several things you can do if you get a CRC error on one of the files.

A. First, make sure you are using the latest version of WinRar . 7-Zip may be a great program, but it doesn't always handle WinRar files right, especially those made with the latest WinRar versions.

B. Let me know which Part file of which game had the error, so I can check the file. Most of the time, the file is good, it just downloaded wrong. But, there are times when the Part file uploaded wrong, and needs to be replaced. I check all reported files, but may only reply back if the file is actually bad.

C. Download the bad Part file again. To do this, load the DLC file into JDownloader, then delete all Part files that you don't need from the Linkgrabber section before beginning to download.

D. Use the Recovery file(s). In every download there is one or more file that ends in REV. These are special files generated by WinRar for use when there are problems. The easiest way to use them is to delete the bad Part file and run WinRar again. It will use the REV file to rebuild the missing Part file. This will take longer than usual, up to an hour on slower machines, but it will still be faster than waiting for me to fix a file that might not even be broken.

*NOTE: AS MORE QUESTIONS COME UP THEY WILL BE POSTED HERE AND YOU WILL BE REFERRED TO THIS PAGE TO FIND THE ANSWER. I FIND THAT I SPEND HALF MY TIME RESPONDING TO THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN, AND IT KEEPS ME FROM DOING OTHER THINGS THAT NEED TO BE DONE ON THIS PAGE.
    Last edited by Killian; 05-31-2011 at 11:13 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killian For This Useful Post:

BoTrky (08-08-2013),iKillNewbs (07-12-2010),lol200 (08-04-2010)

Thanks
    thanks for sharing that

Violence begets violence, so why give it back?
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Thanks for sharing.
    Made by @Jorndel

[IMG]https://www.danasof*****m/sig/Trololol132237.jpg[/IMG]

Leecher: 0 []
    Choob: 25 []
    Newbie: 50 []
    Member: 100 []
    Advanced Member: 150 []