Thanks

Environmental Issues

I was just debating with with a few friends and wondered what you guys think. What should the USA do about the environmental issues at hand. When you hear the news, so called scientists are telling us that danger is coming. I don't see many people who take this threat very seriously. Could that be because the government is taking it too lightly? Or is it the news thats not giving it the attention it requires? I mean, paris hilton seemed more important that a cancerous lake near my house.

Main questions:
    What should the US government do about the environmental issues?
    How could the media be changed?

my stand:
    I think the US should take more powerful steps to limit our pollution. Also, when I say environmental issues I mean pollution, animal endangerment, and ( who could leave this out) global warming? I don't think signing international treaties are a good thing to do though. If we sign, theres no promise that our countries would even try to enforce those rules. I think the US should not only set stronger laws, but mainly raise awareness to the problems. For example: There was a cancerous lake near Irvine and after 3 people develop cancer in about the same region at about the same time, a local teacher notices. He led group of students to town hall to talk about the problem. Town hall denies any problem with the lake. Teacher's professor friend tests lake, abnormal amounts of TLC(i think it' called that) are found. Town hall congratulates professor, but town hall knew for about a month already.

Then there is the media, lately television media is a a mess. Paris hilton is more important than Iraq, Bush brings democracy to Iraq has more coverage than "the struggle to live for Iraqis because of the war", and who could forget, another diva in distress, nicole richie is in JAIL! >:|.. Most news lately is like entertainment news. A little more professionalism is all it takes to fix the media in my opinion.

What do you think?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Actions are already being put into action...
    1) The United States have restrained the amount of gas being emissioned into the atmosphere.
    2) More public automobiles such as public buses run on electricity rather than on fuel.

problem is, these changes only delay the inevitable doom that awaits us; it doesn't solve shit.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 09-04-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    fuck generations before us has fucked shit up for us, so why worry about it now? we will be dead, let lose little ******s suffer that come after us :@
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    First of all, nobody will realise it, until several more "Katrina's" happen. What I'm trying to say is that people are very thick-headed and nobody looks at the progression of storms, diseases, and everything like that.

There should be much more money put into either making coal, oil, all the fossil fuels, burn much much cleaner, ban most of the things that fuck with that shit.

Much more money put into researching new energy sources, hydrogen, hello, nobody gives a crap about it, but it most likely will be in our future.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    hydrogen is limitless, most abundant element in the universe, and it's yields more energy than gasoline or diesel, but its expensive to harvest it in amounts that would be able to supply the nation/world. Like if you watch the Simpson's movie lisa talks about how if the US would keep their thermostats at 68 degrees the whole year, we would be totally independent of foreign oil in 16-18 years :O hopefully that's true because that could be one of the easiest things to pull off, just ask people to do so, or enforce it as a law or something
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    People still believe in Global Warming? For one thing its been confirmed the sun is getting hotter and the Earth is turning to a circular rotation instead of a oval rotation.