View Poll Results: Who thinks religion is a bad thing?

Voters
52. This poll is closed
  • I do

28 53.85%
  • I don't

24 46.15%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBangBaby View Post
    Religion isn't bad. It's the extremist's that make it bad, fortunately, that can be solved with a few bombs dropped.

Take Muslims for instance. Following the religion isn't bad. The ones who take it to extremes (derka's) force a bad look upon it.
    than would we be any different?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Lets all ask ourselves stupid questions like "what would the world be like without ____"

then we can come back to reality because _____ isn't going away.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Religion is like a horrible plague, the more it spreads the worse people get.

theirs my quote...

p.s empire i agree with you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Where is the 'I don't care about religion at all' option in your poll.

I'm atheist, but I don't care if others have a religion. Just don't follow a religion, or follow the one that fits you best.
    I don't give a shit. I don't think it's good or bad. I'm neutral.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRunner View Post
    I suggest going to see that new movie with Denzel Washington "The Book of Eli". It kinda explains this subject. Religion is good and bad. I myself don't really connect myself with any specific religion becuase of how corrupt it is. Buddhism is probably honestly the best religion at sticking to its values, but I like it becuase its more of philosophy then religion. I believe in a higher power simply becuase of the odds of our being were so rare too even happen. I have yet to see how an entire world based on balance would allow something to evolve to the level its capable of destroying or improving everything around them. Humans do not fit into the balance of the world, by nature were given the power to create or destroy, were given choice unlike all other animals who fit a cycle. Religion though has been corrupted in so may ways, Its on thing to spread the word, and another too force feed it to someone. Terrorist muslims sending out children to blow up bombs, women being beaten to death and raped, crusades, hangings and burnings. We are given the choice by higher power to create life better for ourselves or destroy and become corrupt. Life from beginning to end is constantly learning things. Religion teached us too behave and think better then animals, and thats the true point of it.

Now that's what I'm talking about, you must have seen my thoughts when I was making this thread, although I don't agree that we must have been created because we don't fit in a cycle. Maybe we are trapped in a cycle but we are just to dumb to see it

then we can come back to reality because _____ isn't going away.
    Actually, religion is slowly fading away the more scientist explain (or claim to explain) the more people are giving up on the idea of god or some other omnipotent being

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    *sigh* religion won't fade. If it does, your just gonna find something else to blame for something bad happening. Its a cycle of blame which isn't all that entertaining to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    *sigh* religion won't fade. If it does, your just gonna find something else to blame for something bad happening. Its a cycle of blame which isn't all that entertaining to me.
    1. It's fading, there is a steady decrease of people believing (at least in my country
    2. Yes there will always be something to blame, nothing is perfect
    3. Then why are you still here?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrunner
    I suggest going to see that new movie with Denzel Washington "The Book of Eli". It kinda explains this subject. Religion is good and bad. I myself don't really connect myself with any specific religion becuase of how corrupt it is. Buddhism is probably honestly the best religion at sticking to its values, but I like it becuase its more of philosophy then religion. I believe in a higher power simply becuase of the odds of our being were so rare too even happen. I have yet to see how an entire world based on balance would allow something to evolve to the level its capable of destroying or improving everything around them. Humans do not fit into the balance of the world, by nature were given the power to create or destroy, were given choice unlike all other animals who fit a cycle. Religion though has been corrupted in so may ways, Its on thing to spread the word, and another too force feed it to someone. Terrorist muslims sending out children to blow up bombs, women being beaten to death and raped, crusades, hangings and burnings. We are given the choice by higher power to create life better for ourselves or destroy and become corrupt. Life from beginning to end is constantly learning things. Religion teached us too behave and think better then animals, and thats the true point of it.
    The book of Eli was a great movie indeed. Though I watched it for the action, it had a great and true storyline.
    Though, you said that the odds of our being are rare. And I disagree with that. The odds of our being aren't that rare.
    When the universe was created during the big bang, a lot of water was created also. And since water(Required for creation of live) made it to survive the creation of our planet, life could exist on Earth. But if only 1 out of a billion planets would be this lucky to have water, there would still be millions(or even more) of planets with a form of life on it.
    And the universe keeps expanding all the time. Maybe a Earth like planet is being formed right now at the edge of the universe.
    Last edited by Superpunt; 06-08-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpunt View Post
    When the universe was created during the big bang, a lot of water was created also. And since water(Required for creation of live) made it to survive the creation of our planet
    Water is required for life as we know it
    maybe far far away, ( 250 lightyears or more) there are forms of life other than that wich we think is possible

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by schim View Post
    Water is required for life as we know it
    maybe far far away, ( 250 lightyears or more) there are forms of life other than that wich we think is possible
    No. Any form of life needs water.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    People are like sheep, they need a shepherd

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    People are like sheep, they need a shepherd
    And the shepherd needs a shepherd's dog.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    >_> point of thread is dead, i win.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpunt View Post
    No. Any form of life needs water.
    Not necessarily true, schim is correct, water is required for life as we know it because it is a great medium for chemical reactions to occur, however making the conclusion that all life requires water is fallacious. Liquid methane and liquid ethane are viable mediums for reactions to occur, that's why life on Saturn's moon Titan is speculated. I'll find a relevant article and put it at the bottom of my post. Although I do have to tip my hat in the sense that any life that we do find in the universe will most likely require water simply because of waters huge abundance in the universe. Water's abundance in the universe is no surprise when you take into consideration that the first and third most abundant elements make it up.

https://www.astrobio.net/exclusive/3432/life-without-water
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 06-08-2010 at 06:35 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Not necessarily true, schim is correct, water is required for life as we know it because it is a great medium for chemical reactions to occur, however making the conclusion that all life requires water is fallacious. Liquid methane and liquid ethane are viable mediums for reactions to occur, that's why life on Saturn's moon Titan is speculated. I'll find a relevant article and put it at the bottom of my post. Although I do have to tip my hat in the sense that any life that we do find in the universe will most likely require water simply because of waters huge abundance in the universe. Water's abundance in the universe is no surprise when you take into consideration that the first and third most abundant elements make it up.

Life Without Water?
    The chance of a planet with life based on water still remains higher. And could still be in a form unlike we've ever seen. At least 3 different possibilities.
    And the life on Titan is still based on water. The water creates acetyleen, which could be used as food for bacteria. These bacteria would then create the methane and ethane from your article.

Google BerichtGoogle translated sorry.
    Life on other planets? op MSN Video

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast