• No, I think this is a waste of time

1 25.00%
  • Nexon uses something different from this type to check files

0 0%
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Nexon Check world.rez?

Hey, I was just wondering how nexon checks that its the right file in world.rez, the maps. I was just wondering because the thought of how IJJI(I know big shock) checks gunz files by CRC32 checking. I am to busy with school finals coming up to check this out myself at the moment. But wouldn't it be possible to trick that check? to the actual file? I am not talking about making junk flea into snow valley, I am talking about using an older version of a map still has glitches in the map and replacing it with the "up to date" map. So the glitches come back. Just a thought that popped into my head at 2:30am xD. I'm not a coder to any means. I am a modder on most ground terms.

Thanks
    nexon could use any means of checking from what you said above crc's or use md5's or sha, but my personal guess is crc or md5 checking via their patcher, but I'm quite sure they scan all individual files within the rez's as twice I've forgotten to replace my original rez's, and my mods get patched but it doesn't use the full usage of re-downloading the whole file thus proving they have a crc or md5 table for the files in each rez and most likely the rez files them selves but this feature of file scanning if only for patches, version regulation I'm guessing; well thats what I think

PM me if you want to Join (Atomic Empire Creations) or post you app on the thread. XD
    "If at first you don’t succeed, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again!" -Glen Gerreyn

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Nexon checks crc32 on their files and also some detected files such as msh, ce.

If you use a special plugin to peid you can change the crc32 so the hack or the .rez file so it will stay undetected untill nexon patches the files or update hackshield..
    -Rest in peace leechers-

Your PM box is 100% full.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Alright then, so then would the modding it back to a different version of a map work if you fixed the crc then? I prob be able to test soon, but if its known already that it cannot/can be done, it would be nice. So I don't waste time testing out methods.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    we did this in warrock, changing maps or removing wall textures, they found it and any kind of modding transformed or resulted into expeditive ip ban, we where able to shoot trought walls and run trought them! it will be cool of CA but short too!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    lol, that would be a strange effect there. And same thing with soldier front. But, I doubt that would happen. It would basically be for say, keeping an older version of a map. Its just a side interest of mine right now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I have seen something like that in other forum as I know it worked but had bugs ( for example was problems with stairs , they not worked )

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I was wondering something... (NOTE: I know that CRC is like a scanner/checker somewhat, but I don't really understand it.)

Anyway, what if they archive their old and new maps. Like something in the files would be different, for example the codes used for them. If the older one's were scanned or checked and had a different code or something than the new files, wouldn't CA be able to detect that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well, as far as my nubish understanding of CRC. Its used to speed that up greatly so you don't have to wait 5 mins before loading the game up/map. Just an quick check so to say. I suppose.(If I'm wrong someone tell me) xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Well if that's the case you might be able to revert to an older version

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    ^^ that's my thought exactly. But, for some reason I'm blanking out how to texture edit for a mod right now. =\ Starting to bug me extremely.

Thanks
    yes, i dont remember exactly where it is, but there is a plugin for a simple program that allows you to change the CRC32.

you just find out the CRC of the new one, then edit the old map so that it has the same code as the new map does.