Thanks

RPD Light Machine Gun Guide

Hey all,
    This is a RPD LMG guide.
    Credits to Guardian.

RPD Masterguide
    The RPD Light Machine Gun was developed in 1944 in hopes to bring the Soviet Army a superior suppressing weapon to the front lines for use against the Germans in WWII. However, it was realized that the war was winding down, and mass production of the weapon did not begin until 1953. Since then, the RPD has seen extensive action in Vietnam, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan, to name a few.

Thanks to Blubb1337 for the picture.

Statistics

Fire Modes: Fully-automatic
    Rate Of Fire: 666 rounds/m
    Reload Time: 7.13 sec (from empty 9.7)
    Caliber: 7.69x39mm
    Magazine Size: 100

Weapon Explained

Mechanics

The RPD is an extremely powerful weapon, boasting a massive 7.62mm round and an impressive rate of fire. In the right hands, this weapon can hold down a battlefield with ease. In a Suppressing or Assaulting role, the RPD can take down targets quickly and efficiently if you know how to use it correctly. Being able to make up for its biggest weaknesses with perk and attachment selections can create one ultimate weapon that is statistically unbeatable.

Targeting

The iron sights for the RPD are fantastic, arguably some of the best in the game due to the fact it lacks a rear peep sight. The RPD gives a very clear and unobstructed view, so you should get used to these iron sights; it will free up an attachment slot.

Sights

Red Dot Sight: The Red Dot Sight gives a nice big red dot to point at your target, but as was mentioned before, the RPD has some of the best iron sights in the game, and in all honestly, the RDS actually increases the distraction while trying to aim.

ACOG Scope: The ACOG on the RPD is in general a bit too much to handle with its recoil. However, you can transform the RPD into a psuedo-sniper with the ACOG, if you're willing to sacrifice almost all CQC ability. In general it's best to stay away from the ACOG on the RPD, but if you can make it work, more power to you. However, you might find other LMG's better suited for an ACOG sight (AUG).

Holographic Sight: Very similar to the RDS, the Holographic Sight provides a bit bigger reticule. It comes down to personal preference between the RDS and Holo sight, but again, those iron sights are pretty darn good!

Thermal Scope: The accuracy of the RPD over long range is what is sacrificed when equipping the Thermal Scope. Much like the ACOG, the Thermal Scope has a lot of kick due to the recoil of the weapon and generally should be avoided. There are other LMG's that work better with the Thermal Scope (MG4).

Techniques

Role

The RPD works best in a Suppression and Assault type role. Being in the thick of battle with your teammates, but not on the front lines is exactly where the RPD should fall. Giving solid covering fire with its massive box magazine, being able to reach out over long ranges, and still having the ability to control closer quarters with it's high damage-high rate of fire abilities.

In objective game types, your role transitions depending on the stage of the battle, if your team is closing in on an objective or defending a specific point, you need to focus more on overall team play and helping your buddies where you can, but if you find your team being pushed back, take the initiative and clear a path for your teammates to follow.

Recommended Class

RPD + Grip
    G18 + Akimbo
    Semtex
    Smoke
    Sleight of Hand
    Stopping Power
    SitRep
    The RPD has pretty considerable recoil, but when paried with a Grip it's like a match made in heaven. The kick becomes very manageable, and gives you the ability to go full auto if necessary (something that would have been near impossible without a Grip). Again, because of it's fantastic iron sights, Bling is not necessary to add a sight.

LMG's in general have very slow raise times, that is, aiming down the sights, and the RPD is no exception with a speed of about 1.13 seconds (the slowest of all LMG's). Sleight of Hand Pro cuts that time in half and makes the weapon sight up even faster than a Sub Machine Gun. This will give you the ability to very quickly sight in and out of targets that you might have otherwise been too slow to acquire.

Stopping Power as a second perk is what makes the RPD so lethal. Dealing 40-40 damage, the RPD paired with Stopping Power is a two bullet kill at any range. So what you have here is basically a recoil-less, quick scoping, pew pew laser gun that takes two bullets to kill... anywhere. You see where we're going with this?

SitRep is a toss up, but can be a big help to the rest of your team during objective games. Being able to call out enemy Tactical Insertions and pesky claymores can be invaluable to your teams success. Using smoke grenades to cover yourself to get in position to remove the devices can be a big help.

Now I know what you're thinking. "The RPD is like unstoppable over medium-long range, but you'll get pwned in CQC!" Fear not! For you have the Glock as your sidearm! When you'll be in a tight situation, whip out your akimbo G18's and you will have no problem holding your own, even against multiple enemies.

GameReplay’s Verdict

RPD 10/10

The RPD is, without a doubt, the best light machine gun in the game, or at least equal with the AUG. It is a lethal weapon at all ranges when paired with a grip, and with stopping power kills with only two bullets at all ranges.
    Last edited by TheUser; 06-02-2010 at 03:40 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheUser For This Useful Post:

lockdown6435 (06-02-2010)

Thanks
    Nice
    Thanks keep up the good work

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    good tut, maybe an idea, add pic of the rpd?

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blubb1337 For This Useful Post:

TheUser (06-02-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Very nice guide, well explained and provides good detail on the gun
    Quote Originally Posted by VindictusMods
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd333221
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

Thanks
    There should have been a TUTORIAL section For goo tutorials like this one

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dostogg View Post
    There should have been a TUTORIAL section For goo tutorials like this one
    that's why the general section is here.
    members will be confused with 10 sections for one game.

Thanks
    Hehe, they already are.
    Questions and requests in main section ;p

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Very nice tut,

[IMG]https://www.mpgh.net/forum/members/560509-zyixc-albums-d/picture2910-******.png[/IMG]

The stars that once lit my way have dimmed, the sky turned gray.
    The path, once so clear, faded away.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    very nice tutorial

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Nice tut, i almost get nuke with that class

Thanks