Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by moosicgawd View Post
    I'm replying because it's 1:15 am and my girlfriend is keeping me up and I'm bored out of my whits, friend.
    Yehpers, but your not doing it for anyone's benefit other than your own, I would be surprised if you've ever done anything outside of your own benefit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post

Yehpers, but your not doing it for anyone's benefit other than your own, I would be surprised if you've ever done anything outside of your own benefit.
    You don't know me. I don't understand what makes you think you can say that, off of a couple statements. I would tell you what I've done for the benefit of the world around me, but you'll just find some way to come in and be a prick about it. I'll give one example though. I teach. I teach young kids ( ages 13-17 ) leadership skills. I train future leaders of my community in skill they can use to become successful members of society and leaders. I volunteer for this. I take weeks out of my year for this. It doesn't benefit me in any way.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    You don't know me. I don't understand what makes you think you can say that, off of a couple statements. I would tell you what I've done for the benefit of the world around me, but you'll just find some way to come in and be a prick about it. I'll give one example though. I teach. I teach young kids ( ages 13-17 ) leadership skills. I train future leaders of my community in skill they can use to become successful members of society and leaders. I volunteer for this. I take weeks out of my year for this. It doesn't benefit me in any way.
    I would ask you to give me an honset reason but your incapable of doing that due to your intent on winning

When a loved one dies, I am not sad because I feel they've gone to hell, or purgatory, or become non-existent. I am sad because I will not again be able to hold them in my arms or see their smiling face.

My point exactly, you're sad for selfish reasons, and as humans I'd be surprised if we are capable of anything more
    Do those kids matter more to you than your "loved ones" if not your helping them for selfish reasons, and it likely does, you could be bored, or it could make you feel good, but I know you don't do it for them.
    feeling owned yet?
    ps, yes I know I'm an ass

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Yes, it has a benefit to our species not to ourselves, = irrational, and FYI, by nature we are irrational, living by your human nature only makes you counter productive
    There is nothing irrational about actions that are beneficial to the species more than the individual. Direct benefits can be observed with species wide action, by being kind to one another our hominid ancestors were able to work in packs to promote group survival, then our more recent ancestors moved from location to location as nomadic tribes working within their own community to promote their survival and encourage creativity and ingenuity. Social interaction => Social Norms => Social cohesion => Social Progress.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 08-01-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Realized, realized, and realized, but they don't matter there dead, why do you keep acting as if it's your duty to help insure the endurance of humanity! your only purpose is the one you give yourself

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Realized, realized, and realized, but they don't matter there dead, why do you keep acting as if it's your duty to help insure the endurance of humanity! your only purpose is the one you give yourself
    I understand that I'm the arbiter of my own purpose in life, but by observing society and looking at some of the pit falls I and my species can/have fall(en) into and by acknowledging that there are other intentional agents other them myself that are objectively no less worthy of existence than me, I have concluded that I should do my part to encourage the success of a health and intelligent species that is my own. I don't have duty to this species beyond that of the dictates of my conscience.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Well then, I guess you and I are two extremes, and we are the polar opposite of each other, if you realize that what your doing is meaningless, counter intuitive, and non-progressive to yourself, but you do it for your own reason I guess I have nothing more to debate with you on this subject

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Well then, I guess you and I are two extremes, and we are the polar opposite of each other, if you realize that what your doing is meaningless, counter intuitive, and non-progressive to yourself, but you do it for your own reason I guess I have nothing more to debate with you on this subject
    You've previously stated that human nature is irrational, intuition is an aspect of human nature and therefore not based on reason. Therefore counter-intuitive meanings to ones existence are more likely to be consistent with reason.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    You've previously stated that human nature is irrational, intuition is an aspect of human nature and therefore not based on reason. Therefore counter-intuitive meanings to ones existence are more likely to be consistent with reason.
    I'll respond to this after I've gotten some rest...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Ugh........

Stop saying "blah blah, your unintelligent, blah blah, your selfish, blah."
    -I mean cmon man, get to the point already. I read your post and they're all really the same: "your stupid, your selfish." Then point.
    --------------------------------------
    Secondly, good and bad are concepts yes, to be true there is no good and bad there just is.(but then again you'd have to take away humanity's perception and emotions, so in essence its like saying "there isn't" when you saying so proves "there is".)
    -------------------------------------

How old are you?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    How are your posts benefiting the community in any way? How are you so much more unselfish that I am? You know what, fuck you.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    How are your posts benefiting the community in any way? How are you so much more unselfish that I am? You know what, fuck you.
    I never said I was, and nice rage btw, my point was not to prove I am better than everyone, but that everyone is as bad as me

And paroxysm I got a bit over confident, and you got me **sigh** you win this one

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    yes the bible i believe is true.. yet theres no hard evidence that God exists but there has been recording of many extravagant events. and please atheists or watevr you r dont giv me bullshit about your theories of big bang and shit cuz well theres no proof evn Charles Darwin one of the biggest atheists said there has to be a GOD and i believe that but honestly theres no real answer! no one noes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

I never said I was, and nice rage btw, my point was not to prove I am better than everyone, but that everyone is as bad as me

And paroxysm I got a bit over confident, and you got me **sigh** you win this one
    By the way you promote yourself you seem like you'll never enter a serious relationship. I mean that would be selfish.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by k0 n00b View Post
    yes the bible i believe is true.. yet theres no hard evidence that God exists but there has been recording of many extravagant events. and please atheists or watevr you r dont giv me bullshit about your theories of big bang and shit cuz well theres no proof evn Charles Darwin one of the biggest atheists said there has to be a GOD and i believe that but honestly theres no real answer! no one noes
    So God is real because you watch people talking and maybe 'heal' a few people.

I'm Jewish, but I questions it a lot because of the war here in the Middle East. There is proof that the Big Bang did happen.
    Galaxy Hunters Zoom In @ National Geographic Magazine --Picture from the first cosmetic radiation from the Big Bang.

Smoking Gun

WMAP now has the most convincing evidence yet for inflation: a reading of the light released just after the big bang. This cosmic afterglow, known as microwave background, is made of a similar type of radiation to that which carries signals to a TV antenna.

The afterglow is as valuable to a cosmologist as the earliest fossils are to a paleontologist. It is the oldest radiation ever detected, still traveling almost 14 billion years after it was emitted.

The microwaves bathe the entire universe in a perpetual buzz, reaching Earth from all directions. The buzz is virtually uniform, but not quite.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast