Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
    Yes, hopefully we can get these syntax errors worked out. And also, i'd beta tht.

Its possible, i know that. Only because there was an SnD mod called die hard snd, and you were able to run to someone and revive them, not sure if t was part of the script or game mod.

Well, I didn't really mean revive when down. Medics in TF2 can give players extra health or heal them.
    But setting diehard on and giving the revive option only to medic would be a nice alternative.

And yes, definitely do the cartoon effect.

/EDIT
    Did you post the code on here already? if not, someone you gave the code to leaked it, because it's going around..

Anyways, I will check the code tonight to see if I can see any problems so far.

PS: thanks for the credits you give in the code
    Last edited by Neekokeen; 07-07-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Click on the banners to take a look at my mods.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Did you post the code on here already? if not, someone you gave the code to leaked it, because it's going around..

Anyways, I will check the code tonight to see if I can see any problems so far.

PS: thanks for the credits you give in the code

/EDIT
    crap, nobody posted since my last post I see.. *sigh*
    There should be a time limit to the double post rule (or maybe I just need to be more attentive..)
    Well, can't del, so, sorry mods.
    Last edited by Neekokeen; 07-07-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Click on the banners to take a look at my mods.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekokeen View Post
    Well it's your project so do it how you feel would be best.
    Here is how I was gonna go about it:

wiki:TF2 Wiki
    It has the speed and health of the classes there, so you can make them identical.
    Everything else, like perks, weapons, scripts etc, you can derive from there.

For example
    My scout class would look something like this:
    -speed 1.33 (including Lightweight Pro)
    -health 125 (110 with 'sandman equipped)

As 'Sandman' you can equip the riotshield, make it so that an actionslot does the following:
    - remove all weapons
    - give and switch to riot shield
    - decrease health to 110
    - increase speed (just enough to compensate the loss of speed caused by the riot shield)
    when actionslot toggled again, reset everything back to normal.

-add superjump type thing (to emulate double jump)

-perks: marathon pro, Sleight of Hand Pro, Lightweight Pro, Ninja Pro
    -weapons: shotgun, pistol

- scripts for the 'Bonk! Atomic Punch', and 'Crit-a-Cola'

everyone should have unlimited ammo, since that's how it is in TF if i'm not mistaking.

Hard classes will be pyro (you can't make pyro, so maybe change it to 'psycho' and give him crazy weapons, like 10 claymores, c4, throwing knifes/ tactical knife, dunno, just thinking out loud) and medic (how to revive other players?, check if it's possible to give negative damage to a gun? if so, give him a special gun, like PP2000, and give that gun negative damage, so shooting people with it will give health. Set max health to values that can be found on that wiki.. Probably not possible (the negative damage part) but worth a try)
    Some other things will be hard to do as well, like rocket jump? (superjump instead?) and other things will be simply impossible.
    Well, im going to make a video and show it to you.. any ways i was thinking abt Medic either have a carepackage or a walking scavanger, so if your team mates walk by you, they get ammo.

Pyro: i got AA12 with xmags, so u can spray....

and btw, Engie im trying to get a code that u get a sentry, u build it, and whenever u die, the sentry dies too...

Should i make the class selection random?

Regards

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    and btw, syntax errors are gone, Thanks to Azumikkel. Now all im doing right now is setting up classes and die hard mod(the bad thing is u need console to make this work). Im setting up killstreaks, equips, little glitches and jumps...the only problem so far ive encountered is the sentry gun for Engie...the sentry is still alive after u die as an engie...does anyone know how to fix this??

Regards

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I would like to be Beta tester or something else, ajmd the idea is epic in my opinion
    And for the Pyro class an other idea, u can give this class two rangers, means ranger akimbo and no reload/unlimited ammo. I tested it with little server tool and gave me this weapon with no reload and unlimited ammo and it seems to be like the rangers are burning. Means it looks like Fire and is such a nooby class as Pyro is in TF2 If it's possible maybe u can reduce the damage of the two Rangers, to get it more like the pyro class in tf2, means u need to spray a longer time to get the enemy dead

And for the medic maybe a medic could support his team with getting the damage of the nearest enemy and a medic class has much HP, so he could "heal" his mates in fight 2nd idea for medic, maybe the medic could get 1xUAV when he is spawning, so he could support his team with showing the map (good to see the campers) ;D, and if it's possible u could make it the same as engineer is, means the UAV quits when medic was killed etc... Maybe this two ideas could help to get this mod more like a game where teamplaying is needed So that not every one plays Heav or something else.. And the medic needs to get points as well, maybe he got points like a riot for absorbing bullet damage. When the medic got shot directly he should have normal health only when the player which the medic is supporting got hit by bullets the medic should have his "High Health".

I hope it is possible to get this ideas working If they are impossible to make leave it
    Good luck with getting it finished ;-]
    Last edited by iw0dka; 07-07-2010 at 04:10 AM.

Press the "thanks" button if i helped you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Good luck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by iw0dka View Post
    I would like to be Beta tester or something else, ajmd the idea is epic in my opinion
    And for the Pyro class an other idea, u can give this class two rangers, means ranger akimbo and no reload/unlimited ammo. I tested it with little server tool and gave me this weapon with no reload and unlimited ammo and it seems to be like the rangers are burning. Means it looks like Fire and is such a nooby class as Pyro is in TF2 If it's possible maybe u can reduce the damage of the two Rangers, to get it more like the pyro class in tf2, means u need to spray a longer time to get the enemy dead

And for the medic maybe a medic could support his team with getting the damage of the nearest enemy and a medic class has much HP, so he could "heal" his mates in fight 2nd idea for medic, maybe the medic could get 1xUAV when he is spawning, so he could support his team with showing the map (good to see the campers) ;D, and if it's possible u could make it the same as engineer is, means the UAV quits when medic was killed etc... Maybe this two ideas could help to get this mod more like a game where teamplaying is needed So that not every one plays Heav or something else.. And the medic needs to get points as well, maybe he got points like a riot for absorbing bullet damage. When the medic got shot directly he should have normal health only when the player which the medic is supporting got hit by bullets the medic should have his "High Health".

I hope it is possible to get this ideas working If they are impossible to make leave it
    Good luck with getting it finished ;-]

First, Rangers are already for Scout, since the shottie looks EXATCLY like in TF2. then, i dont want to be unlimited ammo or else pyro would just go mad spraying...so i think for pyro AA12 is a good idea. So please lets not discuss this anymore. and about medics, i think they are better off with care packages and UAV, so with the carepackage they can help team mates with killstreaks. And also, u ca see there is no class with a normal WEP, so yes u need a lot of team work to win(just like TEAM fortress ). Only Medic i put FFN2000 with silencer so its kinda lika dart gun(ffn2000 has a low damage rate). The only thing im working on is Engie now...and maybe, MAYBE im thinking about putting die hard for meds....idk that would make the game a a little like Battle field.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Make the dude in my avatar proud, do a great job

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Ok guys, Mod is actually complete, im just waiting for textures for the pub game...u might choose if u wanna include texture or not. Regards

Thanks
    hope it will be nice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by StEpyZzz View Post
    hope it will be nice
    damn right xD, there are still a little glitches, sometimes u get baseraped(respawn killed) by killstreaks(harrier, chopper) and ive tried stopping that with Cold blooded but then Engies and their sentries wouldnt work xD

Thanks
    dude you know how in tf2 its alot harder to kill people
    yeah so you should boost all the classes hp to something where like a thumper or watever cant kill them in 1 shot
    thn itll be more lk tf2

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Right section. But the title might be a lil' bit confusing for some users.

btw. Can't wait for it! Sounds great and balanced (In its own way :P)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRhodan View Post
    Right section. But the title might be a lil' bit confusing for some users.

btw. Can't wait for it! Sounds great and balanced (In its own way :P)
    it says Work in Progress u CHoob ^^

anyways, i might think abt health, but than sniper wouldnt kill someone with a headshot, and a knife would take 2 stabs...i thought abt this and decided not to

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Josephlittle™ For This Useful Post:

C.C. (07-07-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I'm up for beta testing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast