Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What is the difference between Lithtech DTX and "Nexon"?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two texture formats? I am currently writing a rapid overlay based camo mod production software, would be great if i could write a converter in the program.

The rapid camo would include a few camo presets, and a few effects to simulate shadows/light over the overlay.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    You can't use nexon's files in ps so we have to convert them first.
    Press it If I helped

Thanks
    I understand that correctly, i was more interested in the conversion process itself, i would like to feature it automatically in my program, and obviously someone already wrote a converter... so i guessed someone knows the exact difference between two formats.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Talk to BlackAngel, cept he's long gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    LilthTech is Uncompressed Which Means U Can Edit It Nexon Means It Compressed...So You Cant Edit
    Dtx Convert Basically Un-Compresses it just like u have to decrypt an encrypted file to edit it...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by austen407 View Post
    LilthTech is Uncompressed Which Means U Cant Edit It Nexon Means It Compressed...
    Fail.

LithTech is also known as .DTX files.
    Nexon is just a file that Nexon decided to make lol.

Nah /

Truly I don't know.
    All I know is you can't open Nexon files in PS!

Windows File--------Anime Lord--------Wax.

Donate To Me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by windows File View Post
    Fail.

LithTech is also known as .DTX files.
    Nexon is just a file that Nexon decided to make lol.

Nah /

Truly I don't know.
    All I know is you can't open Nexon files in PS!
    LOL Re-Read I EDITTED CUS I MADE A MISTAKE LOL!
    LilthTech Made The Compressed DTX Nexon cus its supposed to be used 4 Nexon Games

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by austen407 View Post
    LOL Re-Read I EDITTED CUS I MADE A MISTAKE LOL!
    LilthTech Made The Compressed DTX Nexon cus its supposed to be used 4 Nexon Games
    Sure lol, What you said. /

Windows File--------Anime Lord--------Wax.

Donate To Me

Thanks
    Just think about it this way.
    --LithTech is like a universal format
    --Nexon is a format only used by Nexon because THEY have the codecs to edit it
    meaning that, nobody has the type of program to touch their files without converting it.

It's like QuickTime vs Windows Media Player, you can't play certain files on windows media player, and you can't play certain files on Quicktime, because you need the codec.
    That's where VLC Media Player comes in

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    Just think about it this way.
    --LithTech is like a universal format
    --Nexon is a format only used by Nexon because THEY have the codecs to edit it
    meaning that, nobody has the type of program to touch their files without converting it.

It's like QuickTime vs Windows Media Player, you can't play certain files on windows media player, and you can't play certain files on Quicktime, because you need the codec.
    That's where VLC Media Player comes in
    Sure, but give it another thought... a converter was obviously made, and it has all the codes required to convert it... and i doubt the creator was a part of nexon's staff. Basically, if i can add a converter to my program the editing part is quite simply, an overlay and a basic simulated lighting, however, if i can't... i doubt anyone would wanna use a "rapid camo creator" that actually requires you to convert the file first, would anyone?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by revolutioner View Post
    Sure, but give it another thought... a converter was obviously made, and it has all the codes required to convert it... and i doubt the creator was a part of nexon's staff. Basically, if i can add a converter to my program the editing part is quite simply, an overlay and a basic simulated lighting, however, if i can't... i doubt anyone would wanna use a "rapid camo creator" that actually requires you to convert the file first, would anyone?
    You didn't take into account the codecs / dlls for Photoshop / Photo editors to run Nexon files

Thanks
    Ok, well... yeah maybe they can directly edit the files, but... that's not quite my point, let me try to explain it all a bit better:

I am trying to make this rapid camo mod software to help the newbs and whoever wants to create fast camo mods. The program would ask you for the texture file to modify, and the camo texture to use(would have a few presets if you don't wanna spend time searching the web for camo textures, and probably a mandelbrot fractal draw function in case you want to get some funny looking mods).

So, it would be really nice if i could somehow be able to develop a converter inside of my program, so the users can directly modify the nexon format instead of the lithtech standard one...

As for the functions, the mods wouldn't look all that great, it would be one(dynamically made transparent) camo texture + the light effect(rendered with direct x), possibly a bump map in the future versions. The biggest concern i have is the format, would anyone want to use my program if they had to convert every texture before modding? Probably not...

Thanks
    Ok, well... yeah maybe they can directly edit the files, but... that's not quite my point, let me try to explain it all a bit better:

I am trying to make this rapid camo mod software to help the newbs and whoever wants to create fast camo mods. The program would ask you for the texture file to modify, and the camo texture to use(would have a few presets if you don't wanna spend time searching the web for camo textures, and probably a mandelbrot fractal draw function in case you want to get some funny looking mods).

So, it would be really nice if i could somehow be able to develop a converter inside of my program, so the users can directly modify the nexon format instead of the lithtech standard one...

As for the functions, the mods wouldn't look all that great, it would be one(dynamically made transparent) camo texture + the light effect(rendered with direct x), possibly a bump map in the future versions. The biggest concern i have is the format, would anyone want to use my program if they had to convert every texture before modding? Probably not...
    If it instantly turns the gun into a camo
    won't it have to recognize the gun?
    what about newly released guns
    it' can't just post an overlay
    because we all know, C&P's are shit

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post

If it instantly turns the gun into a camo
    won't it have to recognize the gun?
    what about newly released guns
    it' can't just post an overlay
    because we all know, C&P's are shit
    It can post an overlay plus a variety of simulated effects, it cannot really detect the surface of every gun, well, it could have predetermined coordinates... but just to make those coordinates for every gun would take a month or two, definitely not worth the effort.

Thanks
    It can post an overlay plus a variety of simulated effects, it cannot really detect the surface of every gun, well, it could have predetermined coordinates... but just to make those coordinates for every gun would take a month or two, definitely not worth the effort.
    Then you're basically making a tool that cuts down a conversion because most of those camo modders do'nt put any effort into it

Do what you want, but in my opinion, it's gonna be a waste of time
    some fags will be posting bullshit camo's from your 'program' if you make it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast