Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Post How to actually be a useful sniper in SnD.

I see people today trying to be all pr0 snipers and such while they are in a position to kill them easily and not failing.

Best example: Trying to QS a fast moving target with a high ping or no scope while they use Ninja Pro and often even Commando...

Well let's start.

1.You want the right class, I see people using Commando when trying to no scope or using Hardline and Cold Blooded when trying to snipe in softcore, for more go check this topic https://www.mpgh.net/forum/286-call-d...-part-1-a.html

2.You wanna know your skills, i would suggest to get at least 3 - 5 friend and go in a Priv Match and do QS only. (Try to use different host every time, to see if your connection is good enuff to QS.)

3.After doing the above there are 3 skill levels.
    1. Being a really good sniper with a good ping. Which is a really good thing since you have a low ping you have the so called "ping win" and with good snipping you can QS them, outplaying HardScopers.
    2.Good sniper but bad ping. This situation is really hard, unless you have a 3 - 4 bars connection you do NOT wanna QS or use a sniper at all for that matter.
    3.Bad with sniper and bad - good ping. Ping doesn't really matter when you are a bad sniper, so just keep trying to get better in FFA and Priv Matches.

4.Can you actually hear people? When it comes to snipping, hearing will help you a lot, when you are trying to QS you can outplay people by "sound whoring" them when they are near the corner giving the opportunity to QS them. Atm i use a Logitech G35 and it's amazing how easy is to "sound whore" people and YES you can "sound whore" Ninja Pro too, it is not so quiet when you have a good headset.

Note: The following tips are for players with good snipping skills and good - bad ping.

SnD:
    Position: You are a slow player, you do NOT rush in their spawn trying to take them off guard. Leave that to the rushers. You are a long distance player and more of a supportive role, you are a really good player when it comes to helping people plant and defending it, b.c you can hide far away and still keep an eye on the bomb.
    NOTE: Be careful people will spawn-rush you, try to kill them before they are to close.

How to act: When you are in a 1 vs 1 situation you go for a QS ASAP and most of the time if you are a good sniper you will win, if you get hitmarker/miss the secondary will save your ass. On the corners you do NOT wanna go rushing, you wanna be ready for everything, 1 - 3 guys at once(if you hear more then 1 guy take out the secondary).

Last Man A****** When you do all the above things most of the time you will be the last man alive, in this case, you wanna stay in a place where you feel good and call them there(shot once) after killing one you wanna change position facing the last one(will give you a higher chance of killing them) keep doing it untill you win. If there are 2 people left and less then 30 sec just go for the plant there is nothing you can do. People will call that camping, i find it retarted when people call a SNIPER a CAMPER, a sniper is supposed to do that he isn't suppose to rush.

Tip 1.You wanna know the spawn sniping, you can easily take out 1 people with spawn sniping(probably gonna make a Tutorial on it some other day), and on maps like Highrise you can kill up to 4 people with spawn sniping (max i've got in HardCore SnD).
    Tip 2.Use your secondary as much as possible, this will help you more then you imagine.
    Tip 3.Do not get MAD, getting mad will make your aim shit really fast, you will miss most of the shots and will get you killed. There is days when a Player can hit everything and days when a Player can't hit shit. It's just the way it goes, you have to deal with it.
    Tip 4.If you have a bad headset it will be harder for you to sound whore people, but you can still kill them from a long distance. If you have a good headset, enable the 5.1 and 7.1 function Mw2 sometimes does it and sometimes doesn't, check it.

Hope this clears some things out on how to use the Sniper in SnD.
    Please PM me for any more tips which i will show you myself ingame or if you wanna play some SnD.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Project T For This Useful Post:

Archangel (07-21-2010),iptlolage123 (07-21-2010),TheUser (07-21-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Sniper guide already exists, but nice job anyways
    i give you the:

<<<<<<<<<

of the day
    Last edited by Josephlittle™; 07-22-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Josephlittle View Post
    quick scope guide already exists, but nice job anyways
    i give you the:

<<<<<<<<<

of the day
    How is it a QS guide? It's a guide on how to use the sniper in a SnD match m8.
    Please read it all before you comment.

Thanks
    This helps me thanks.

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    exactly Joesph. Read the thread title b4 u act :d I liked this thanks

PLAY STARCRAFT II!? ADD ME! PINOYPUNCHINGBAG@YAHOO.COM OR MY FRIEND CODE 636 STOSHY!

Thanks
    wow fail thread. people are getting lazier by the day.. they cant even be bothered trying different techniques.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    thanks help alot just a suggestion to people who have cod 4 play cod 6 priv match then go play cod 4 and snipe only and trust me youll be like holy fiddle my niddle. And also try doing no perks alowed first to 100 then stopping power and steady aim then stopping power and ninja. Then for the last progression do lightweight PRO with steady and then ninja helped me alot xD.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good job, thanks

Thanks
    good guide