Thread: Youtube

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ChimiWow View Post
    too crucial @_@ i dont like worms worms fucked up my other computer
    Worms have a huge weakness, it was designed to attach itself to a certain file, removing this file will remove the worm. But it often a pain in the ass to see WHERE it is.

Quote Originally Posted by m3 View Post
    Now how would a file just happen to open itself? It just isn't possible. And by nearly I mean like 80% of those that are present on virustotal
    Macros does the trick, the infamous ILOVEYOU! macro, was the greatest computer infestation in our time. While Conflicker did more damage, the scale and fear the ILOVEYOU! macro did was horrible.

What the ILOVEYOU! macro did, was it'll log into your email services by using your history or in-computer data. It'll record all the email and copy itself to the emails, it'll title the email. I LOVE YOU! And send the letters all over the net, the users open the email and get the macro, causing thousands of dollars in losses and millions of server data damaged or lost.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 07-25-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Worms have a huge weakness, it was designed to attach itself to a certain file, removing this file will remove the worm. But it often a pain in the ass to see WHERE it is.

Macros does the trick, the infamous ILOVEYOU! macro, was the greatest computer infestation in our time. While Conflicker did more damage, the scale and fear the ILOVEYOU! macro did was horrible.

What the ILOVEYOU! macro did, was it'll log into your email services by using your history or in-computer data. It'll record all the email and copy itself to the emails, it'll title the email. I LOVE YOU! And send the letters all over the net, the users open the email and get the macro, causing thousands of dollars in losses and millions of server data damaged or lost.
    ILOVEYOU was a script that had to be run. If it just sat there on your HDD it was harmless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    ILOVEYOU was a script that had to be run. If it just sat there on your HDD it was harmless.
    Wrong,
    ILOVEYOU or LOVELETTER is a computer worm that successfully attacked tens of millions of Windows computers in 2000 when it was sent as an attachment to an email message with the text "ILOVEYOU" in the subject line. The worm arrived in email inboxes on and after May 4, 2000 with the simple subject of "ILOVEYOU" and an attachment "LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs". The final 'vbs' extension was hidden by default, leading unsuspecting users to think it was a mere text file. Upon opening the attachment, the worm sent a copy of itself to everyone in the Windows Address Book and with the user's sender address. It also made a number of malicious changes to the user's system.

I remember schools had to shut it networks down.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Wrong,
    ILOVEYOU or LOVELETTER is a computer worm that successfully attacked tens of millions of Windows computers in 2000 when it was sent as an attachment to an email message with the text "ILOVEYOU" in the subject line. The worm arrived in email inboxes on and after May 4, 2000 with the simple subject of "ILOVEYOU" and an attachment "LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs". The final 'vbs' extension was hidden by default, leading unsuspecting users to think it was a mere text file. Upon opening the attachment, the worm sent a copy of itself to everyone in the Windows Address Book and with the user's sender address. It also made a number of malicious changes to the user's system.

I remember schools had to shut it networks down.
    > LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs
    > .vbs
    If I happened to copy that .vbs to my HDD and leave it there, it would just happen to run itself? That's what I'm coming to believe you're trying to tell me

And a quick edit:

> The final 'vbs' extension was hidden by default, leading unsuspecting users to think it was a mere text file. Upon opening the attachment, the worm sent a copy of itself to everyone in the Windows Address Book and with the user's sender address. It also made a number of malicious changes to the user's system.
    > Upon opening the attachment

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    If I happened to copy that .vbs to my HDD and leave it there, it would just happen to run itself? That's what I'm coming to believe you're trying to tell me
    You can't see the .vbs, so your tactic to get smart would be flawed as by default you can't see it, IF you read what I posted. While you're correct it is a script, it is STILL a macro worm.

I find it hard to believe you'd check to see a .vbs on an innocent 'text file'.

Edit: I like debating with you, you don't get mad and insult like most.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 07-25-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    You can't see the .vbs, so your tactic to get smart would be flawed as by default you can't see it, IF you read what I posted. While you're correct it is a script, it is STILL a macro worm.

I find it hard to believe you'd check to see a .vbs on an innocent 'text file'.
    I would, but most people wouldn't. So, as I said, it's harmless until you run. So, as I said in my first posts, it's more or less harmless to download a file and then, without having it opened / executed by yourself or any other program, service (daemon or w/e) (or anything at all for that matter) to send it to virustotal for scanning.

Edit: thank you, same goes for you too ^^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I would, but most people wouldn't. So, as I said, it's harmless until you run. So, as I said in my first posts, it's more or less harmless to download a file and then, without having it opened / executed by yourself or any other program, service (daemon or w/e) (or anything at all for that matter) to send it to virustotal for scanning.
    Like, I said before, each types of the bugs are different in their own way and design, no two bugs are ever the same.

Remember, the ILOVEYOU! was release in 2000, the first year of in which the internet really did boomed and took off and virus protection was smaller than today.

Which why the Conflicker was deadly when it was release last year, because it was so new and effective.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Like, I said before, each types of the bugs are different in their own way and design, no two bugs are ever the same.

Remember, the ILOVEYOU! was release in 2000, the first year of in which the internet really did boomed and took off and virus protection was smaller than today.

Which why the Conflicker was deadly when it was release last year, because it was so new and effective.
    I'm not trying to say that they aren't deadly or effective, I'm just saying that as long as you don't run them / open whatever file they are attached to or whatever, you can always safely upload that file to a virus scanning service like virustotal. And unless it's your unlucky day and you just got a virus that can't be detected using generic methods and is completely new, well, you're screwed. Otherwise you're kinda safe . And one can take even further precautions, but that would be going too far for an ordinary PC user :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'm not trying to say that they aren't deadly or effective, I'm just saying that as long as you don't run them / open whatever file they are attached to or whatever, you can always safely upload that file to a virus scanning service like virustotal. And unless it's your unlucky day and you just got a virus that can't be detected using generic methods and is completely new, well, you're screwed. Otherwise you're kinda safe . And one can take even further precautions, but that would be going too far for an ordinary PC user :P
    Agreed, I believed we have bested each others and we can call this, debate. "A tie,"

Edit: I just made my first fish fillet dinner.. fucking yummy! (Used to eating Israeli or Kosher food).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Agreed, I believed we have bested each others and we can call this, debate. "A tie,"

Edit: I just made my first fish fillet dinner.. fucking yummy!
    Guess that means we're both right and it's up to everyone else to combine what we said into a whole ^^. And I just found out I have an appointment with my doctor at 9 AM. And it's 02:28 now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I always check for lots of positive comments and lots of thumbs up before I download any hacks or cracks.

Thanks
    i get all my hacks from chimiwow

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    i make page big

and noo my brother will kick my ass
    [IMG]https://i262.photobucke*****m/albums/ii99_flame123/MW3.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    When I download stuff, (most of teh time is a .Rar) I just send it thru Virus Total and Mal-Ware Bytes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post
    i get all my hacks from chimiwow
    Proor or gtfo

Multi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast