Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

What the "soul" is.

This is to explain to you people what a "soul" is when people talk about the soul outside of fiction and anime.

A soul is everything a person is, knows, and can be.

Its everything he has been/done, everything he could be, and his perspective.

A soul is not some sort of glowing blue orb inside of you, its not some sort of translucent body that appears when you die.

A soul is basically everything you are/were/can be.

You don't have to be religious to accept this. But thats what a soul truly is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Why are MPGH members soo obsessed with anime?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by shahin7777 View Post
    Why are MPGH members soo obsessed with anime?
    I'll settle this.

1. Most of the people here who like anime, can also do decent gfx. There are a lot more CA/CF signatures, but they don't stand out as much because they are fuck ugly.
    -Such as yours.
    2. No one here is actually by definition "obsessed." We watch anime, we like it, but in all honesty no one here is that much into it that there lives revolve around it.
    3. The reason you say that is because of what we call "animephobia" Your afraid of anime, you think that people who watch it are wierd, and although you might not want to admit it, anime is just another way of telling a story.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    This is to explain to you people what a "soul" is when people talk about the soul outside of fiction and anime.

A soul is not some sort of glowing blue orb inside of you, its not some sort of translucent body that appears when you die.

In a way I agree, but some people might say that theres no such thing as a "soul" only a brain and a consunce. =/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    May my soul rest in peace.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

# the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life
    # person: a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
    # deep feeling or emotion
    # the human embodiment of something; "the soul of honor"

These are the definitions from Google, I suppose you could think of it as that, but you just gave the word a new definition, I guess that works considering there is no one word that I can think of off hand in the English language that is your personality, intelligence, memories, talents, experiences, and every detail about you, but for all you Christians out there people that get in an accident and permanently forget everything they knew, or people that have brain damage and can't feel emotion, well those situations completely change who you are, and by your definition that changes there soul, and if your religious I'm pretty sure that many of you believe that your soul cannot be changed by a situation such as this.
    So empire, there is a bit of a problem with your definition, unless you want to flat out say all those religious are wrong and that your right?
    Last edited by tdct; 08-12-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Every religion has a different take on it. I'm not gonna debate Christianity's because in all honesty i never really cared for theirs.

Saying i'm right over ________religion? Yeahp.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Every religion has a different take on it. I'm not gonna debate Christianity's because in all honesty i never really cared for theirs.

Saying i'm right over ________religion? Yeahp.
    How can you say your right over them when you've both given a word your own personal definition, if they say it's a blue orb of translucent energy, and you say it's everything about a person, and there both not the actual definition, why is yours right when theirs is wrong, when in reality there both wrong, if you have the right to say your definition is right, they have the right to do the same, and since those two definitions can not coexist under one definition, considering that they are contradictory to each other, so the logical thing to do would be say that your both wrong.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post

How can you say your right over them when you've both given a word your own personal definition, if they say it's a blue orb of translucent energy, and you say it's everything about a person, and there both not the actual definition, why is yours right when theirs is wrong, when in reality there both wrong, if you have the right to say your definition is right, they have the right to do the same, and since those two definitions can not coexist under one definition, considering that they are contradictory to each other, so the logical thing to do would be say that your both wrong.
    Are you an atheist?
    (answer that one first)

By your logic everyone is wrong about everything. Nice one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Yes I am an atheist, but not a strong one, I just follow the side w/the best argument/evidence, if the tide turned toward religion I would switch sides. And regarding your second statement, no by my logic a definition cannot contradict itself, and what you've just done is created a definition which is an oxymoron.
    Last edited by tdct; 08-12-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yes I am an atheist, but not a strong one, I just follow the side w/the best argument/evidence, if the tide turned toward religion I would switch sides. And regarding your second statement, no by my logic a definition cannot contradict itself, and what you've just done is created a definition which is an oxymoron.
    No, by your logic, if two sides disagree, both are wrong.

Also the atheist part is funny to me, your so weak that you only follow sides?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

No, by your logic, if two sides disagree, both are wrong.

Also the atheist part is funny to me, your so weak that you only follow sides?
    Look dude, let me put it as simply as possible because your being a bit dense, If you have the right to give a word your own personal definition, why do religious people not have the same right, and if that's true, then your definition contradictory itself, and since it's impossible for something to be contradictory to itself the only logical action is to say both of your definitions for the word are invalid, your definition makes no more sense than saying your white shirt is black.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Look dude, let me put it as simply as possible because your being a bit dense, If you have the right to give a word your own personal definition, why do religious people not have the same right, and if that's true, then your definition contradictory itself, and since it's impossible for something to be contradictory to itself the only logical action is to say both of your definitions for the word are invalid, your definition makes no more sense than saying your white shirt is black.
    How is my definition in any way a contradiction to itself?

All your saying is "i don't agree so it must be wrong." Except your not saying why you disagree, your just saying that if one definition is different it is wrong.

Seriously gtfo if you don't have anything else to say besides "its a contradiction". Because its not in any way a contradiction to itself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

How is my definition in any way a contradiction to itself?

All your saying is "i don't agree so it must be wrong." Except your not saying why you disagree, your just saying that if one definition is different it is wrong.

Seriously gtfo if you don't have anything else to say besides "its a contradiction". Because its not in any way a contradiction to itself.
    dont tell him to gtfo if this is in the debate section :/ that riuns the whole point of debate/this thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    When your not debating i can say it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast