Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful

How to remove lag (No download version)

Hello, i had a problem earlier when i couldn't play combat arms on my laptop, due to a hell lag scene, and even though i had 4gb of ram and 300+ GB free i was lagging, anyway i solved it using this guide i made.

This guide is recommended for laptop users

[COLOR="Magenta"]Step 1[/COLOR
    Navigate to Control Panel > System & Maintenance > Performance Information and Tools > Manage Start up Program (May require defender to be on) and then disable all your start up programs.

Step 2
    Control Panel > System & Maintenance > Performance Information and Tools > Adjust Visual Effects > When you open this box, i presume they are all or nearly all checked, these effects use a lot of your ram and for people with low specs greatly impacts gaming performance, my advise is uptick all of them.

Step 3 (Laptop users)
    Control Panel > System & Maintenance > Performance Information and Tools > Adjust power settings (For laptop users) This is the main source of lag for laptop users, i had 450GB HDD, 4gb ram and new graphic card and i was lagging. The problem was that my battery settings were set to "Power Saver". This greatly impacted my performance of my laptop and my laptop was plugged in the whole time. Tick "High Performance" to ensure your laptop is running at its fullest.

Step 4
    Go to Start > MSCONFIG.exe (Type it in the "search") > Services > Tick "hide all microsoft services then click "disable all" > MAKE SURE YOU CLICK APPLY > then restart your computer.

Step 5
    Go to C:/ > Properties > General > Disk cleanup > run & follow instructions. Repeat for all your drives

Step 6
    Go to Start > mrt.exe (type it in the search box) > Run as admin > and run a quick scan (P.S this program is built - in)

Step 7
    Make sure you have updated your computer from all the windows updates, i don't recommend an anti-virus for gaming because it has made me lag in the past.

Step 8
    Final step, make sure NO downloads/ useless process are running in the background you may want to download game booster (google it) but you can just Ctrl + Alt + Del and log onto task manager and end useless process e.g firefox.exe, iexplorer.exe. If you want you can end explorer.exe but only if you know what your doing.

Thank you for reading my guide, i hope this gets stickied because it does not require download like all the other guides, the main source of lag for laptop users is the battery options i had my performance reduced to 20%.

Press thanks, or a gay baby will be born :)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    These tutorials have been posted hundreds of times, but thanks for showing us again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    jab.
    already posted this and so did other member's .

Need Help? With Anything? Add Me On Msn.
    simplyown123@hotmail.com

Made By Me

-----------------------------------------------------------------

4. The Following User Says Thank You to -Simply-Own- For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (08-13-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Sorry, it's a nice tut, but it's a repost... D:
    Keep me motivated for my hack development!