Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Must Read Tips!

Original Guide by: Andrew Burwell
    (nextgen1 edit)

Well, this may be basic, but I thought it might be a good read, dunno.

1) Press "Q" for everything. Q while aiming at a medic requests healing. Q while aiming at a friendly vehicle requests a pickup. Q on an enemy spots them. However, don't spam it. If you spam it, there will be a cooldown between each spot.

2) Shoot at the head. Shoot in bursts. This should be obvious, but I get people complaining that they're emptying an entire "clip" into someone's chest. You should never empty your entire magazine. You should never shoot anywhere but the head. Even LMGs should be burst fired, despite the fact that they're the only automatic guns that don't lose accuracy with sustained fire.
    a) There are two aiming mechanics you should be aware of: accuracy and recoil. Recoil is obvious, as it will move your crosshair. Accuracy does not affect anything on screen, but it affects the spread of the bullet. Guns with high accuracy will fire a bullet where your crosshair is aimed. Guns with low accuracy will fire in a spread around it. When you empty an AR magazine into someone's chest, not all of the bullets are actually hitting. Burst fire.

3) Recons: You are recons, not snipers. You can snipe, but you don't snipe as well as you recon. Spot people. Throw out your automatic spotting balls.

4) Switch kits and gadgets. If there is a tank raping your mcom stations, sniping or shooting grenades at it will not help. Pick up some C4, or switch to engineer to take care of the tank, then switch back if you so choose.

5) The SAIGA is the ultimate CQB gun. Still, aim for the head.

Credits:
    Exodus
    Me

Thank Me If I helped!!

Spot people
    One of the most important tools you'll have in Bad Company 2 is your ability to spot enemies for the rest of your team to see. On the PC version, just tap Q (on 360 it's the Back button, on PS3 it's Select) and you'll pop a little red triangle above the opponent's head for everyone else to see. This is a good idea even if you're reasonably sure that you can kill the enemy yourself, because you never know what might happen - plus, someone else might have a better angle and take a guy out if he runs behind cover. You'll still get points for the assist if the enemy is killed while your spotting marker is up, too. Remember that the better zooming ability you have, the more likely you are to be able to spot someone, so Recon players often have the best chance at doing spotting - with the 12x optics upgrade or the mortar strike binoculars, they can spot half a dozen people in just a few seconds from the right vantage point.

Note that most Hardcore servers on PC have no spotting (unless the admin has specifically gone and enabled it as well), so spotting simply doesn't work there.

Being a Medic

While Medics in the release version of BC2 inexplicably start out with any of their medic tools, it is worth playing as one early in order to unlock them. Your light machine gun is fantastic for spray-and-pray due to its powerful bullets and massive clip sizes, and it can be fired on full auto. If you find that the muzzle flash is too much and you can't see once you start firing, try spotting a target first.

But the real meat of the Medic is in healing your teammates and reviving them when they go down. When you're the attackers in Rush mode or in Conquest mode at all, this is especially important, as a revived teammate doesn't use up a ticket. Toss down medpacks wherever your buddies congregate, too, as you can get hundreds of points off of one medpack. And if you have to choose between killing an enemy and raising up a buddy, well, choose whatever path is most likely to have you and your buddy alive (and the enemy dead) at the end.

Not every little EKG squiggle on your minimap deserves your attention. Some people just run out into the open and are immediately cut down, and it's not worth it to you to hang your butt out just to bring them back up. More likely than not, he'll fall over dead again, and you'll just be another body lying in the road.

Being an Engineer
    The engineer is just as helpful to a friendly tank driver as he is deadly to the enemy's. There are some important unlocks you'll need for good efficiency first, but they don't take that long to get. For me, I had the repair tool right from the start, even though I supposedly had to unlock it, so your results may differ, but you'll also get the extremely useful Anti-Tank mines and some very solid shotgun options once you've ranked up a few times.

My favorite load-out is the tracer dart gun and the first unlocked rocket to set up some great guided missiles you can fire from behind cover, along with the Saiga semi-auto shotgun with the ammo upgrade that lets you pack 12 rounds into the chamber instead of six. This ensures a kill on a soldier even at medium range as long as you've got half-decent aim and the time required to fire all twelve shots. You'll need to play as the engineer for a while to unlock these, but you'll be a rare and very valuable part of most teams.

But you also need to be sneaky when you're dealing with enemy vehicles. You can see where the occupants are aiming, so choose the moments when they're not looking to pop out and fire an RPG, then quickly find different cover to fire the next from. And the mines can be shot and blown up, so take care when laying them down and make sure to put them in tough-to-see spots that are still well-traveled, like inside blast craters, in dark areas, or at the top of an incline. Hell, you can even use AT mines to damage MCOMs or set traps for enemy foot soliders if you play it right!

Finally, don't be afraid to fire the RPG at things other than enemy vehicles. If an enemy ducks into a house and you're relatively sure he's on the other side of a thin wall that you can see, fire your RPG right at the wall to take it (and often your enemy) out at the same time.

Driving a tank

One important thing you need to understand about being a tank driver is that rushing headlong into enemy territory will get you killed fast. Play it slow and safe, watching for enemies and mines, and only getting out to repair when you think it's relatively safe - and try and leave a buddy in one spot so that it doesn't get carjacked from you. If you're repairing, make sure that you're doing it on whatever side that's not exposing you to enemy fire, and if you are on the sides, try and do it at an angle so that you can still see - you never know what Recon or Engineer enemies will try to do some up-close damage.

When driving with people that are hopping out and repairing, you need to understand that protecting them is just as important as avoiding the next shell from an opposing vehicle. Rushing forwards when your buddies are behind you may expose them to enemy fire, and it also stops the much-needed repairs. Try making smaller, slower movements if the repairs are keeping your vehicle alive, and remember that moving backwards will simply push your buddies, generally keeping them safe and allowing them to keep repairing.

If you see the big red warning about a missile lock, it means someone hit you with a tracer dart. Don't panic! Keep your cool, especially if you're being backed up by repairs, as most people don't seem to understand how the tracer system works for missiles.

You can hit the Enter key on PC to switch squads at any time, so if you want to maximize points all around, join the squad that your tank crew belongs to.
    Learn the chopper on your own time
    Everyone hates a horrible chopper pilot, and they don't care if you're trying to learn. What I'd suggest you do is fly it on your own (especially if no one else wants it) until you get the hang of it. Find a quiet, relatively empty server, and just get used to moving around in it and landing it before you ever go traipsing off into enemy territory only to crash it the first time you want to fire some rockets at a tank. Once you feel comfortable, start bringing people on-board and remember that an extra minute to fly back to safe territory and repair is pretty much always better than getting blown up.

Remember that a Black Hawk is great not just for raining down death on enemy foot soldiers, but also for spawning your buddies to parachute down onto enemy fortified areas.

Dealing with choppers

You'll likely find that, as a new player, the people flying attack helicopters are really annoying and often tough as hell to kill. Even if you can't kill a chopper very easily - some pilots play very smart and will retreat and repair long before you can do any serious damage - you can still harass them enough to save tons of your buddies' lives and help secure a win.

First thing: keep a chopper spotted at all times. Second: mounted machine guns are your best bet against them, but if you're going up against an Apache, run and get cover as soon as the pilot (rather than the gunner) starts going for you. If a decent pilot puts some rockets into almost any vehicle or mounted gun, you're screwed, so pick and choose your fights and don't give them the satisfaction of killing you repeatedly if you don't have to. There are some maps with stationary AA guns, sometimes in the rear base and sometimes out in the middle of the map. If there's a lot of sniper fire, these are death traps, so it's up to you to assess the risk.

You can hit choppers with the tracer dart! The darts don't suffer the same drop as bullets do, but as a projectile they're quite slow, so it's all about predicting where a chopper will be. It's easy to hit a Black Hawk that's hovering in the air, and then once you do, unleash the RPGs to take them out quickly. You won't likely do much to a chopper with an un-guided RPG, grenade launcher, or the medic's light machine guns, but if you can harass the pilot and scare him off, that can be worth the effort.

Spawn on your squad

There's never a good reason not to join a squad. Not only do you get extra points for doing things with your squad - like when you get kill assists or use heals - but you also get more possible places to spawn from (and your teammates can spawn on you if they choose, as well). Even if you're a lone wolf sniper-type, you still have everything to gain and nothing to lose by being in a squad.

Using the Friends List
    Make sure to add good players as well as your actual friends to your friends list! Right now, there's no way to add them directly from in-game on PC, but write down their names and then add them after a session. The best part is that when you jump into Bad Company 2, you don't have to search for a game, and on the PC version, you don't have to open the sluggish and bloated server browser. Just open your friends list, and join the server you want straight from there!

Understand your server
    In the PC version of Bad Company 2, server admins can change a number of options to drastically affect how the server plays. The most commonly-adjusted options are toggles for Spotting, Friendly Fire, Minimap, Killcam, the un-zoomed crosshair, and the big one, Hardcore Mode.

Hardcore mode changes the game rules to disable the minimap, spotting, the killcam, and the un-zoomed crosshair. It also increases the damage taken by all players. Some HC servers then use the other toggles to turn back on some of the features HC mode disables. There's no way to browse for servers that have specific options on or off, but searching for "hardcore" or "hc" in the browser can net you some hardcore servers (although not all mention it in their description).

Keep the tickets in mind
    When you're the defenders in Rush Mode, death means nothing as long as you're keeping the enemy away from the MCOMs. Die all you want if it's actually productive - this can mean running out into an open space to drop some mines, or going suicidal trying to take out a particularly tough sniper. But if you're attacking on Rush or you're on Conquest at all, needless deaths not only kill your stats, but they also make it harder for your team to win.

Rush & Conquest

It's important to understand the basics of both the Conquest and Rush modes. In Conquest, the whole map is open and you're capturing points in order to slowly reduce your opponents' ticket count. There are no attackers or defenders, and every death counts towards your ticket count. In Rush, the attackers have multiple series of two MCOMs (crates) that they must blow up; every two they take out gives them more tickets, forces the defenders back, and moves the battle. Different maps have different numbers of MCOMs required for victory.

It's important to note how the base captures work in Conquest mode, as you'll quickly realize that bunching everyone up at one flag is a bad idea. You need to be mobile, moving back and forth to recapture points. And if you can take all capture points and push the enemy back to his base, you can have your whole team surround it, refusing to let the enemy even get out.

That's much harder to do as the attackers in Rush mode, and it's also often unhelpful. Sure, you can ride into the enemy base and blow up their vehicles and such, but having half a dozen people camp there is bad; the enemy can just spawn near the MCOMs and as long as they hold those, every death on your side is another useless, wasted ticket. While you should think outside the box to attack or defend MCOMs in Rush mode, those should always be your objective. There are plenty of ways to do that while still getting tons of kills and wreaking havoc.

Credits:
    Andrew Burwell
    Me
    (Nextgen1 Edit)

Thank Me If I Helped!!
    Last edited by NextGen1; 08-16-2010 at 04:35 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Balls Out For This Useful Post:

648DFSsdQ#$4 (08-21-2010),Comet (08-15-2010),cosminporta (07-30-2012),DonPizza (07-14-2011),fomfom (08-19-2010),woodz (09-04-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Good Guide
    Need Help ? PM or VM

|x|x|x|

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Thank you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Long but nice guide.
    ↓ click me for fortnite challenges↓
    Quote Originally Posted by DnsLeak View Post
    Yes I agree with this guy. Boombox is a most retard shit mpgh staff I ever know. Previously a user open scam report open on me saying that I bitcoin double spent him and this shit Boombox shit talk and agree on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    hahahah boombox is a piece of shit who deserves CS

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks!

Thanks
    lol copy paste much.

2 different credits?...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    the letter Q gets me 2.3 KD per game D:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Love it love it love it.

By the way, what's the SPOT upgrade that snipers get?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    2 Credits because I wrote some and Andrew wrote some....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    That is a great Guide I must say, and its right you shouldn't waste a Whole Clip at one person I find with an assault rifle 2 -4 shots in chest and dead.
    Smg maybe a bit more.

Good Guide!.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks S12! Congrats on minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks man

Stay On topic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Good Guide, But be sure to offer credits with quotes, plus do your best to get explicit permission.

Edited Post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    yeh, I noticed that he put Like 20% and other Percentage numbers.

I would have edited but I didnt know who done it :P

Good Guide

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks Nextgen1 and S12.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast