Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Starcraft II 2v2 Strategy/Terran/Protoss/Win

This is a strategy
    , that I have recently discovered is a very simple and easy one. There are many people I'm sure out there that have already discovered this, maybe not. I haven't seen anyone else doing it, and I haven't seen a post in this section or Premium for anything on it.

--Now when you first start out loading to find 2 other opponents, talk to your buddy about this plan. One needs to be Protoss, and the other Terran, or also Protoss--

--Terran/Protoss--

-As I said before this is pretty simple, when you go into the game, depending on the map, you will either be separated a bit, maybe a ledge or two away, and if you are, as Terran, move your load your SCV's into your base, and ship over and land near your Protoss friend's base, tell your friend to just build probes to mine the minerals, and leave the gas alone.

-Once landed, you want to unload, and set rally point to minerals, and start collecting the vespene gas from both geysers (build the buildings over the vespene geysers). Have your teammate build a pylon to start the building the Forge. Tell him to build more pylons in the process to enable more troops and allow him to build more around the surrounding bases (yours and his).

*My suggestion*
    Once 4 pylons are built, 3 in front of his and your base (in the front of your bases), one by the minerals and gas.

*End of "My suggestion"*

*What you may also use*
    -You can have 6 pylons built. The Protoss base, will have 2 pylons built, 2 for the middle, covering the whole front of his base, a quarter of yours, 2 for the left and right side of his, none for minerals. The Terran base will have Only 2 pylons built. One in front of your base, one behind it.

*End of "What you may also use"*

*Area of Cannons*
    -The front of your base, the cannons can be built to the left and right,(barely reach the corner of your base, but will attack 20-30 feet away from your base). The pylon behind it will allow it to defend against air. Once he has built those pylons, build the upgrade that allows for cannons to be built.

*End of "Area of Cannons"*

-By this time, the 4 or 6 pylons should be complete and the Forge should be complete. Tell your friend to start the process of building the Gateway.

-By the time the Forge is done and the Gateway has started, 4 or 6 pylons are built, and 5 to 6 cannons are up (placed around yours and your partners base) (2 for your base, 2 for his, and 1 for the middle or wherever your weak point is, and 1 for minerals). Now, the trading system should be enabled and ready for use. As the Terran, ship over as many minerals and gas as you have. That means ALL resources will go to the Protoss.

*Tip*
    -When you first start out at the game and are setting up your first pylons and cannons, this is the ratio I use.
    -Pylon to cannon ratio for cannons that I use. For every 1 Pylon your partner build, 3 cannons should go up with it.
    -When you are later on and your partner is rolling on Benjamin's in minerals this is the ratio I use.
    -In need of laying down more Pylons for soldier space, go 1 Pylon for every 2 cannons. Yes, you will need to build more cannons on for later bases.

*End of "Tip"*

-Your friend should have at least 4 to 500 minerals from you, if not more, and close to 3 to 400 vespene gas. With the minerals you have sent and the minerals he should have,
    being that he has only built 4 pylons and 2 buildings, he should have only 1 to 200 minerals, ending up with a total of 600 minerals and 400 gas.

- Now the Gateway should be almost finished, and when it is, let it sit there. Dont worry about it. You need to get more cannons up!

-Tell your friend to build as many cannons as he can. 6 additional for your base, 2 for the front, and 2 for each side, you may also do 3 for the front and one for each side. For Protoss, he will need to build, 2 for the minerals in case the enemy team wants to go air and take out your economy. The Protoss base should have another 3-5 cannons built up (According to where your other cannons have missed such as around the Gateway and Forge).

*Recap*
    Probes-12 (all to minerals)
    SCV's 18 (3 to each gas Vespene Geyser)
    Pylons- 7
    Cannons- 15-17
    Minerals- Around 1300 (altogether)
    Gas- 8-900 (hasnt been used)
    Building and structures- 2 Main bases, 7 Pylons, 18-19 Cannons, Forge,Cannons, Gateway.

*End of "Recap"*

-So now you have Cannons, enough to feel a little comfortable, built up around your areas, Pylons, the building for cannons, and a Gateway.(I would still be building cannons almost 30 of them, but you may choose either way).

-Now your partner is ready to start going for the air. He will have to build the Cybernetics Core. This allows him to get to the Stargate building which he needs in order to start building rays.

-While the Cybernetics Core is building and you are looking for another place to build, you want to send over more minerals and gas to the Protoss. Tell him to build more cannons, I usually build around 50-60 cannons at the main base, and get to around 140 space with pylons.

*Tip 2*
    -You minerals are being depleted and your gas is at about 400 for each vespene geyser. You will soon have to move to a different location as the Protoss builds up.

-If the other team has failed with their first attempt of rushing, which they will because of the 6 cannons you set-up in the beginning, you will have a greater chance with 30 cannons defending. If they have not sent another team to rush, you should be fine to send out and SCV, to go relocate another base.

-I usually go out and search for another location besides the one that they start you off of, when you moved the first time. Such as some where in the middle where its low key and most people do not go around. I build 3 bases, collecting vespene gas from all 4 of the geysers. You will need gas for your friends carriers!

*End of "Tip 2"*

-Assuming that you moved and your Protoss friend stayed, your one base is set up, and you are collecting minerals and gas, send some guys over from your main base, and start mining minerals and gas. You will have to build more SCV's to the new base, around 8 new ones.

-Since you guy has built the Core and more cannons, the Protoss needs to start building Stargates as soon as possible. You may want to build two, and slowly work your way up to 4 Stargates.

-Once your stargates are complete start buiding rays, tell your guy to build the Fleet Beacon. This will allow you to build Mothership and Carriers.

-Since you are sending over minerals from your base(s) and assuming you have not been caught by the enemy team yet, keep sending over as much gas and minerals as you can. Your first base, will have been depleted of minerals and gas a while ago and you might want to look again for another base. So your total will be up to 3 bases.

-When you have 2 bases, and your are looking for a third (optional), Core, Stargate with 2 rays, and the Fleet Beacon should be built.

*If you think your going to be caught at your base*
    -If you feel as a Terran that you are going to be caught at one of your bases, you may have a probe sent over from the protoss to lay down Pylons and Cannons. This decision is entirely up to you both, I usually have the Protoss send his rays and carriers as soon as he can to defend my bases. I figure the cannons wont do much since now its a battle of air.

*End of "If you think your going to be caught at your base"*

*Victory will be Ours*
    -So now you have everything built as Protoss, and your Terran is mining, you are now working on carriers, have 5 of those slots filled up. As the protoss guy, with Terran funding you with minerals you will be fine, gas will be a little low, if Terran has only 1 other base, you will only be able to go maybe 3 slots of carriers for the stargates. This is why you may want to build 3-4 Stargates and 3 bases.

-While the Carriers are building, have your friend (Protoss) build a Mothership at the Nexus (Main base). The Mothership, which most of you know, will cloak the surrounding buildings, including the flying carriers and rays.

-With two rays, two carriers built, your mothership coming up, almost built, depending on if you have two or three bases, you will either have 2 Stargates or 3-4. And they will each be able to go to the 5 slot. When your carriers are ready and come out, buy the upgrade which allows you to shoot out multiple of those things. You will see the upgrade option if you click on the carriers and its on the bottom middle.

-With your Mothership built and multiple carriers built, almost all of your soldier space gone, you will group up with all your guys, including the mothership, and sweep out the enemy base from the SIDES! Dont rush in from the middle, you will be destroyed, because chances are, they have cannons or turrets up, depending of if they are Terran or Protoss, or Zerg. Coming from the side is very unusal, and many do not plant turrets on the side or behind, such as where the minerals are. Since this is usually what happens, the Protoss with the carriers will come out and sweep the enemy, taking out their main units and, leaving the other base to fend for themselves. Which with the rest of the Carriers, it will be over and your guy will take the Win for both of you.

-As the Terran, which I usually am, I continue mining, and build up my empire as soon as my Protoss friend is done building his carriers. I build and go straight for Battlecruisers. Even though my guys dont touch the enemy base, I still like to say I was apart of the battle haha.

Credits go to Rougueman44

[IMG]https://www.danasof*****m/sig/293201317490.jpg[/IMG]

MSN: joshb1996@hotmail.com
    xfire: brobromm
    Steam: domeny11

If I have helped you press the "Thanks" button

I SUPPORT MPGH!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I don't get it. doesn't the minerals deplete? you can't have more than 1 scv per mining at a time anyway. I mean I build f'loads of scvs i play league.. when I expand I grab a bunch off my current minerals and send em to the new one. Gets things running sooner.

can you really double mine gas? and does it deplete quicker?

How do you survive the tank push? If I scouted you guys I would get rines maybe a medvac or two and some siege tanks and roll in. or if I was zerg a mass of speed lings can quickly tear up the place with stalkers in back from toss ally or roaches from zerg ally. Or if double toss well immortals can tank really well or double zealot rush with a couple of stalkers in back. If you're walled zerg can blow it up. protoss just has to pick at it with stalkers and get an observer overhead for sight or bust down the other entrance.
    ~
    maybe this is the difference between diamond league and other leagues. :| People are highly aggressive.
    Last edited by WarningFireExit; 08-17-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    yes 2 workers can mine minerals. Im a gold leauge player and play as zerg but my biggest problem is going up against terran ZvT is so rigged..... terran always come out as victor

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyJ View Post
    yes 2 workers can mine minerals. Im a gold leauge player and play as zerg but my biggest problem is going up against terran ZvT is so rigged..... terran always come out as victor
    I used to have probs against zerg but I found a way to defeat them..teehee

I SUPPORT MPGH!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    lucky you bro :[ mind telling me so i can counter it :]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Siege tanks ftw \o/

I SUPPORT MPGH!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    well that works for you but how can a zerg player get the uper hand against a terran player?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    I dont know much about zerg, but what usually fucks me up is when theres a really good zergling rusher and then when you make those bat things xD

I SUPPORT MPGH!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcat200 View Post
    I dont know much about zerg, but what usually fucks me up is when theres a really good zergling rusher and then when you make those bat things xD
    you would die to a 6pool? not much skill there for you then

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    6pool? what do you mean, what is a 6pool.

I SUPPORT MPGH!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Sorry for bumping,
    But if scouted on time this tactic can be easily countered by quick immortals. A bit harder will be with Ultralisks, but still very possible. And if your enemy even considers making battlecruisers with yamato cannons your just fucked. Stalkers would also be able to blink behind the cannons and take out the pylons(Immortals'd be better tho).
    I don't think I'd have much trouble fighting this tactic. As I would quickly take out the terran. Leaving the protoss vulnerable.
    Last edited by Superpunt; 09-20-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    its when you get your spawning pool when you only have 6 drones or workers

OPK and chams and aimbot working for vista, XP and windows 7!!!!

Respect List
    Stumpy(helping me out)
    Liz
    Dave
    Obama
    Corndog
    Whitten
    xplicitt
    sethskyler
    sendi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4Bidden View Post
    its when you get your spawning pool when you only have 6 drones or workers
    6-pooling isn't the best tactic in my experience. With my 10 pool I can easily counter it by building 2 spore crawlers. Then I go for quick roach, and they can only watch their base get destroyed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Sorry for the bump, but any player realizing the game is dragging on too long will take over the terran's natural along with most high yield resources and tech up to battle cruiser to finish off your defence. (I was able to flee to a island expansion and then use mass battle cruisers to win the game)
    Any donations would help

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alby-kun

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDemon
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussofresh View Post
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!
    [21:13] CoderNever: HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

Thanks
    Allthough this seems like a valid strategy - I seriously doubt you'll win - maybe against noobs, but not experienced players. Me & my bud played a couple of guys using a similar strategy, and we annihilated them. All you need to do to counter this is build a crapload of Void Rays, & Immortals to take out the photon Cannons.

Fully upgraded immortals go through photon cannons like a hot knife through butter. So - to counter - Send in immortals - about 15 of them should do the trick - they will open up the path for your void rays, remember to focus fire them, it is essential!!! You might also want to have your void rays attack at the same time - have them come in from the back and go for their mineral line.

Also Early game destroy any expansion they try and make - SCOUTING IS ESSENTIAL!!! Remember to keep building units while attacking!

Control the expansion locations and you control the game!!