Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

[INFO] Black Ops PC FAQ

Ran across this official thread at the call of duty forums.
    It's got some very interesting confirmations, so I thought I'd post it here

After Call of Duty: World at War, we set out 3 goals for our next PC title:

* 1] PC gets every single game feature that the consoles get, but in a way that makes sense for PC.
    * 2] PC gets even more features – the ones that PC gamers want like dedicated servers and more customization.
    * 3] Keep it fun. Protect the integrity of the title through design and post-launch support.

Keep that in mind as you read through the decisions outlined below in our FAQ.

Call of Duty: Black Ops PC Multiplayer FAQ

Full feature support: Confirmed
    Ranked Servers: earn XP and currency. Wager Servers: gamble your currency. Customizable Unranked Servers. Combat Training against practice dummies. Theater. Create-a-Class "2.0." Contracts. Emblem editor. Everything the consoles get. Implemented in a way that makes sense for PC (*cough* no lobbies *cough*).

PC Features: Confirmed
    Dedicated Servers. New Server Browser. Dev console. /record. Customizable game modes, perks, killstreaks, classes, and higher player counts on unranked servers. Map rotation. RCon. Kick & Ban. MOTD. In-game custom Server Banners. And more.

Mod Tools: Confirmed
    We will release mod tools sometime post-launch. We need to finish the game first. Then we will make sure any urgent issues are handled. Then we will begin work on tools. The extent of the mod tools package will not be known until this time.

Global Persistent Stats, Profiles: Confirmed
    Your profile data is stored on servers for you and is accessible from anywhere on the internet. Stats, XP, COD Points, configs, etc.

Leaderboards: Confirmed
    Yes, leaderboards - globally persistent leaderboards (i.e. NOT per-server based).

Steam Exclusive: Confirmed
    Millions of Call of Duty fans are already on Steam. Their Friends are on Steam. Steam will provide the ease of auto-updating instead of manual patching. Auto-updating will also help keep the community playing together on the latest version. The Steam cloud will make your profile and configs available to you on any computer.

VAC: Confirmed
    We are serious about protecting the integrity of this game from hackers and cheaters who would otherwise ruin the fun for the honest players. Used in conjunction with our own anti-exploit measures, Theater reviews, trusted servers, and supplemented by server admins with kick and ban powers we believe that Valve Anti-Cheat will be an effective solution for Call of Duty: Black Ops PC. We are committed to working closely and diligently with Valve to deal with new threats as they appear.

No “Public Server Files”: Confirmed
    Many of these game features are predicated on having a trusted host or server. Otherwise these features would be wide-open to easy exploits and rampant cheating. Also, anti-cheat solutions can be significantly more effective on games that rely on trusted servers. We chose against “public server files” in favor of providing full feature support and protecting the integrity of this title. This doesn't mean you won't have customization or admin capabilities with your servers - because you will. This simply means we've partnered with an exclusive server provider.

GameServers.com Exclusive:
    Confirmed
    We have partnered with GameServers.com as the exclusive provider of dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Every dedicated server for this title will be running on top quality hardware and infrastructure with excellent bandwidth. There will be a ton of official servers at launch for everyone to play on for free. If you want to run your own server you will be able to rent one at a great price (which will never go higher than $0.99/slot). They are actively adding new server locations and staffing up to meet global demand. If you don’t see your location you can suggest it here: Rent Call of Duty Black Ops Servers & Hosting - GameServers.com

Max Players: Not Confirmed
    We have not yet finalized the maximum number of players in ranked or unranked servers. More playtesting is required to determine how high these numbers can go. This happens as late as possible in the project otherwise the game is likely to change in ways that could invalidate the results.

Minimum System Requirements: Confirmed
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
    • Memory: 2GB
    • HDD: 12GB
    • Video: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT/ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
    • DirectX: 9.0c

DLC (downloadable content): Confirmed
    DLC for PC is confirmed but if it will cost money and if so how much, is still unknown.

Previous VAC Bans:
    Confirmed
    If you have been banned from Modern Warfare 2, you will still be able to play Black Ops on the same steam account. The VAC ban does only affect Modern Warfare 2, not Black Ops.

-----

Hopefully that answers the majority of the outstanding questions not answered from our MP Reveal coverage. There are still some questions we do not have answers for at this time, so as always, we appreciate your patience. We will have all questions answered before November 9th.

Regards,
    -JD, PC Dev, & the PC Team
    Last edited by Blubb1337; 01-10-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Click on the banners to take a look at my mods.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Neekokeen For This Useful Post:

Archangel (09-13-2010),AsianNick (09-26-2010),B4M (09-10-2010),Brii (10-30-2010),Drake (10-21-2010),drakesajin (09-13-2010),DRK)PIE (09-13-2010),ganok (10-24-2010),GBot! (10-29-2010),hoothoot (11-28-2010),House (10-26-2010),Houston (11-05-2010),I-Love-You (10-02-2010),iDreamz (09-25-2010),Insane (09-11-2010),jabbathehutt (10-06-2010),Josephlittle™ (09-13-2010),linexed (11-20-2010),marcusalier (11-01-2010),Pandemic (10-02-2010),sOl.1d (10-29-2010),Uncute (09-13-2010),War3Cadu (10-10-2010),warren force (10-02-2010),xZaTiC (09-09-2010),{aCz}Turtle (10-26-2010),~Fresh.~ (10-07-2010)

Thanks
    I don't care if it will have vac... there is rcon and u can bann someone from ur server, if they make vac beter like unable to block it even beter but if there will be a hack u can kick/bann hackers from ur server this is the only game I don't want hacks to be released for xD cuz I don't wana hack either .... and I know this is hacking forum but still

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    GJ With this!

/thanks.
    MY GOALS FOR MW2 AND MPGH.NET
    MPGH Goals
    10 Posts [x]
    50 Posts [x]
    100 Posts [x]
    500 Posts []
    1000 Posts []
    Modern Warfare 2 Goals
    Cheating around with aimbot and wallhack. [X]
    Mod a server. [X]
    Make people say i hack even i dont. [...]
    Getting to prestige 9 illegal. [X]

I LOVE RAGING!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Awz, i sad at the "steam" part. Cuz steam suxs, they always DISABLE MY FKIN ACCOUNTZ !
    Practise Makes Perfect. But no one is perfect. So why practise?

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by EpicTazz View Post
    Awz, i sad at the "steam" part. Cuz steam suxs, they always DISABLE MY FKIN ACCOUNTZ !
    Only if they catch you hacking.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    On the site to rent a server they said 24 Player Max (Unranked), 18 Player Max (Ranked)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Hehe, thanks Sarah..
    [center]

Back in '10

Got a question?PM/VM me!
    I read them all.
    Also contact me via MSN.
    vlad@mpgh.net

Minion since:07-04-2010
    Mod since:08-31-2010
    Till : 05.07.2011

Thanks
    Good Job
    This could help some people wondering so...

/Stickied

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    Nooooo not VAC it sucks.. I want to play this whitout hackers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickiman06 View Post
    Nooooo not VAC it sucks.. I want to play this whitout hackers.
    There will be server admins, so don't worry.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Thanks for the info. ;D
    Don't let em say you ain't beautiful,
    They can all get fucked just stay true to you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    is there more info of the minimum system requirments or it still needs to get released

hope you understand bcz of my gay english

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    thanks for great info!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekokeen View Post

* 1] PC gets every single game feature that the consoles get, but in a way that makes sense for PC.
    * 2] PC gets even more features – the ones that PC gamers want like dedicated servers and more customization.
    * 3] Keep it fun. Protect the integrity of the title through design and post-launch support.

Ranked Servers: earn XP and currency. Wager Servers: gamble your currency. Customizable Unranked Servers. Combat Training against practice dummies. Theater. Create-a-Class "2.0." Contracts. Emblem editor. Everything the consoles get. Implemented in a way that makes sense for PC (*cough* no lobbies *cough*).

Dedicated Servers. New Server Browser. Dev console. /record. Customizable game modes, perks, killstreaks, classes, and higher player counts on unranked servers. Map rotation. RCon. Kick & Ban. MOTD. In-game custom Server Banners. And more.

We will release mod tools sometime post-launch. We need to finish the game first. Then we will make sure any urgent issues are handled. Then we will begin work on tools. The extent of the mod tools package will not be known until this time.

Your profile data is stored on servers for you and is accessible from anywhere on the internet. Stats, XP, COD Points, configs, etc.

Yes, leaderboards - globally persistent leaderboards (i.e. NOT per-server based).

Millions of Call of Duty fans are already on Steam. Their Friends are on Steam. Steam will provide the ease of auto-updating instead of manual patching. Auto-updating will also help keep the community playing together on the latest version. The Steam cloud will make your profile and configs available to you on any computer.

We are serious about protecting the integrity of this game from hackers and cheaters who would otherwise ruin the fun for the honest players. Used in conjunction with our own anti-exploit measures, Theater reviews, trusted servers, and supplemented by server admins with kick and ban powers we believe that Valve Anti-Cheat will be an effective solution for Call of Duty: Black Ops PC. We are committed to working closely and diligently with Valve to deal with new threats as they appear.

Many of these game features are predicated on having a trusted host or server. Otherwise these features would be wide-open to easy exploits and rampant cheating. Also, anti-cheat solutions can be significantly more effective on games that rely on trusted servers. We chose against “public server files” in favor of providing full feature support and protecting the integrity of this title. This doesn't mean you won't have customization or admin capabilities with your servers - because you will. This simply means we've partnered with an exclusive server provider.

Confirmed
    We have partnered with GameServers.com as the exclusive provider of dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Every dedicated server for this title will be running on top quality hardware and infrastructure with excellent bandwidth. There will be a ton of official servers at launch for everyone to play on for free. If you want to run your own server you will be able to rent one at a great price (which will never go higher than $0.99/slot). They are actively adding new server locations and staffing up to meet global demand. If you don’t see your location you can suggest it here: Rent Call of Duty Black Ops Servers & Hosting - GameServers.com

We have not yet finalized the maximum number of players in ranked or unranked servers. More playtesting is required to determine how high these numbers can go. This happens as late as possible in the project otherwise the game is likely to change in ways that could invalidate the results.

Minimum System Requirements: Not Confirmed
    The game is still in development, and the PC team is hard at work making further optimizations. We will announce the min specs in the near future.

DLC for PC is confirmed but if it will cost money and if so how much, is still unknown.

-----

Hopefully that answers the majority of the outstanding questions not answered from our MP Reveal coverage. There are still some questions we do not have answers for at this time, so as always, we appreciate your patience. We will have all questions answered before November 9th.

Regards,
    Hey do u think u can post the game download link for this game?>

Quote Originally Posted by Neekokeen View Post

Confirmed

Minimum System Requirements: Not Confirmed
    The game is still in development, and the PC team is hard at work making further optimizations. We will announce the min specs in the near future.

-----

Regards,
    OH YES

3DHD IS BACK....
    BYE!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by IssuedGaming View Post
    Dude?!
    The damn game isn't out yet! If most of the threads are about what you are going to do in the game, then how is the game out??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast