Thread: Guantamo Bay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Guantamo Bay

So I was having dinner with a friend of mine who recently was honorably discharged from the military. Her post was in Guantanamo bay.

As much as I asked about it, she wouldn't give me the truth behind the treatment they detainees received there. She only said that they wouldn't look at her, and whenever she would walk into a block, they would yell out in Arabic to "look down" Because she was not covered.

Now my question is.. Do you agree, or have an opinion on how detainees are treated in Guantanamo, and do you think it should be closed.

/Discuss

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I think they should keep the same punishment because if they commited a really bad crime, and got sent there they deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ynyst3r View Post
    He has quite a lot of thanks. I have not heard anything bad about him. I vouch for him.

To Do List:
    Get 10 Posts (X)
    Get 25 Posts (X)
    Get 50 Posts (X)
    Get 100 Posts (X)
    Get 200 Posts (X)
    Get 250 Posts (X)
    Get 500 Posts (X)
    Get 1000 Posts(X)
    Finish the list (X)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Inmolak View Post
    I think they should keep the same punishment because if they commited a really bad crime, and got sent there they deserve it.
    Most of the prisoners held in Guantanamo are held on suspicion. Otherwise they'd be dead already, or handed back to their governments to be executed.

Ehh, Obama was supposed to close it back in jan 09 but the same thing happened to him that happened to Bush. Where the fuck is he supposed to put these "terrorists"?. In a normal jail cell with American criminals? Theyd be dead before they got a trial.

My take on it is, the United States Government is far from stupid. They aren't going to detain someone unless they have a "lead." If it keeps my family safe, do et.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    As an australian i dont really care about the american side of things, imo though if they have been sent their after trial fair enough, however i am against holding prisoners who have not been trial, also i dont really get the bit u said about the look down shes not cvered thing, wat do u mean?

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I agree, they should get enough evidence to send them there, or atleast give them a trial to prove themselves right
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ynyst3r View Post
    He has quite a lot of thanks. I have not heard anything bad about him. I vouch for him.

To Do List:
    Get 10 Posts (X)
    Get 25 Posts (X)
    Get 50 Posts (X)
    Get 100 Posts (X)
    Get 200 Posts (X)
    Get 250 Posts (X)
    Get 500 Posts (X)
    Get 1000 Posts(X)
    Finish the list (X)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Inmolak View Post
    I agree, they should get enough evidence to send them there, or atleast give them a trial to prove themselves right
    A trial for suspected terrorists? Really?

These people aren't american citizens

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    The situation about Guantanamo Bay can be touchy to much of Americas populous, because many Americans are Muslim, and I know a few Muslims who absolutely protest to the face that there may be some miss treatment for the prisoners in Guantanamo.
    My personal opinion is, they are suspected terrorists. Terrorists, while being human beings set their goals to causing terror to other humans. Thus the name "Terrorist". Like Obama said, in this situation, I'm fine with what ever goes on there as long as it keeps my family and my country safe.
    Now about the issue of the prisoners moving to Illinois, this is just ridiculous. You may say that I say this because I'm young, and not yet working because this would supply many jobs for residents in Illinois. But I am absolutely opposed to bringing suspected terrorists into the middle of the United States ( I may worry about this a little more than others because I live in Missouri, right next to Illinois ).

That's my two cents.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by moosicgawd View Post
    The situation about Guantanamo Bay can be touchy to much of Americas populous, because many Americans are Muslim, and I know a few Muslims who absolutely protest to the face that there may be some miss treatment for the prisoners in Guantanamo.
    My personal opinion is, they are suspected terrorists. Terrorists, while being human beings set their goals to causing terror to other humans. Thus the name "Terrorist". Like Obama said, in this situation, I'm fine with what ever goes on there as long as it keeps my family and my country safe.
    Now about the issue of the prisoners moving to Illinois, this is just ridiculous. You may say that I say this because I'm young, and not yet working because this would supply many jobs for residents in Illinois. But I am absolutely opposed to bringing suspected terrorists into the middle of the United States ( I may worry about this a little more than others because I live in Missouri, right next to Illinois ).

That's my two cents.
    i agree too, u cant bring terrorists back into civilization, but if a person is proven innocent then what emasures need to be taken to reiterate them back into society

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    These people are still human beings, regardless of whether or not they are terrorists. If we begin to deny basic human rights to even the worst offenders how are we any better? Because we don't personally torture them? Well then all you've done is set up a system that allows human beings to be physically/psychologically abused and doesn't cause any shame for us. How is that any different from an individual that beats people and shows no remorse for the pain they caused? When it comes to taking care of societal issues we need to treat the disease, not the symptoms.

Admittedly I'm an idealist.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    These people are still human beings, regardless of whether or not they are terrorists. If we begin to deny basic human rights to even the worst offenders how are we any better? Because we don't personally torture them? Well then all you've done is set up a system that allows human beings to be physically/psychologically abused and doesn't cause any shame for us. How is that any different from an individual that beats people and shows no remorse for the pain they caused? When it comes to taking care of societal issues we need to treat the disease, not the symptoms.

I think ur right, there is a difference between holding a terrorist there to protect society and toturing him

Shifty sexy shit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

You do hold a good point, the individuals that are accused of these crimes are still innocent until proven guilty, and they are still human beings. What my main point was, that I would rather not have suspected terrorists in the middle of my Country, that's all. Although I guess that doesn't make it right to have it in Cuba either. To tell you the truth, someone who can't make up their mind (like myself) should just stay out of these topics.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

State the obvious maor. The point is, we don't care

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    The point is, we don't care
    And that's the problem.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    And that's the problem.
    Exactly .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Paroxysm it would be nice to have that.

But you have to realize that americans aren't going to treat people invovled with killing innocents nicely, especially when getting answers could save more lives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast