Thanks

Uh, why is this here?

Can anyone explain me why is Starcraft 2 considered to be MMORPG game by MPGH staff?
    Quote Originally Posted by ihack4 View Post

i aint going to tell you and its not mine i have a list of all the people who go on mpgh.net and youtube and all website

wait whos IP address is this 192.168.0.1 hes always online plz check your ip address
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost871 View Post
    OMG
    I Dont Know , But Try To Fuck him

Thanks
    Then what should it be?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Helger View Post
    Then what should it be?
    Real-time strategy, logically.

i aint going to tell you and its not mine i have a list of all the people who go on mpgh.net and youtube and all website

wait whos IP address is this 192.168.0.1 hes always online plz check your ip address
    OMG

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    It's a real-time strategy MMORPG.
    Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.
    Obviously it's massive, it's multiplayer, it's online and you may choose to play the role of Jimmy Raynor, a zerg, a terran or a protoss.

Face it, it's a MMORPG.

PS:
    Zerg ftw.

Thanks
    Just because it's multiplayer doesn't make it a MMO. You could call Modern Warfare 2, Men of War, Modern Warfare 1, Battlefield series etc. a MMO too, because they're multiplayer and being played by a lot of people online, but that doesn't make them a MMO. If you still want to be so ignorant, then here's some information about it being RTS, not RTS MMORPG or some other sh*t that you MMORPG lovers think this is -

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blizzard: StarCraft II Will Re-Energize RTS Genre

StarCraft II

Here's explanations of what MMORPG is -

What is a MMORPG?

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any other retarded arguments about this being MMORPG RTS?

OMG

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I think you don't understand what Massively multiplayer online means. Yes, COD is one.

From the undergenre of FPS.

For example, Singularity is a FPS. Battlefield BC2 is a MMOFPS. But that sounds shitty, and we leave MMO out of the name. Which is why it's commonly called a FPS.
    Same with SC2, it's a MMORTS. But commonly called a RTS. Since MPGH does not have a (MMO)RTS section it's placed in MMORPG. Because that's the closest to a MMORTS.
    Last edited by Superpunt; 09-20-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpunt View Post
    I think you don't understand what Massively multiplayer online means. Yes, COD is one.

From the undergenre of FPS.

For example, Singularity is a FPS. Battlefield BC2 is a MMOFPS. But that sounds shitty, and we leave MMO out of the name. Which is why it's commonly called a FPS.
    Same with SC2, it's a MMORTS. But commonly called a RTS. Since MPGH does not have a (MMO)RTS section it's placed in MMORPG. Because that's the closest to a MMORTS.

You're the one who doesn't understand what it is. Check the links that I gave you and please stop being ignorant. COD is not a MMO and will never be. If it would be MMO and FPS, then it would be MMOFPS, but it's FPS.

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet, and feature at least one >>>>>persistent world<<<<<<.
    COD & Starcraft 2 have no persistent worlds or whatever you call it. In COD you have servers, but in Starcraft 2 you have lobbies or whatever you SC2 players call them. Firstly you called SC2 a MMORPG, now you call it MMO, get your facts straight.

OMG

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricox View Post
    You're the one who doesn't understand what it is. Check the links that I gave you and please stop being ignorant. COD is not a MMO and will never be. If it would be MMO and FPS, then it would be MMOFPS, but it's FPS.

COD & Starcraft 2 have no persistent worlds or whatever you call it. In COD you have servers, but in Starcraft 2 you have lobbies or whatever you SC2 players call them. Firstly you called SC2 a MMORPG, now you call it MMO, get your facts straight.
    Koprulu sector is the starcraft world.

If you didn't know that, I wonder what you're doing here.
    Last edited by Superpunt; 09-20-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks
    Koprulu sector is the starcraft world.

If you didn't know that, I wonder what you're doing here.
    You still don't know what persistent world is. For example, if SC2 would be like - all players would have their own avatars and they would walk around some kind of world, then it would be persistent world. In SC2 you have matches 'n stuff, you don't walk around a world with your customizable avatar with fancy stuff, looking for opponents.

Anyways, my question was already answered, they wont make a whole new category for racing, RTS etc. games, so they just grouped them as they saw fit or something (even thought CoHO is not anyhow related to FPS and SC2 is not anyhow related to MMORPG).

Please, stop being dumb and ask anyone who has knowledge about what MMO/MMORPG is to tell you that you're pathetically trying to proove your point. It's RTS and will stay RTS, it is not even close to MMORPG.

OMG

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricox View Post
    You still don't know what persistent world is. For example, if SC2 would be like - all players would have their own avatars and they would walk around some kind of world, then it would be persistent world. In SC2 you have matches 'n stuff, you don't walk around a world with your customizable avatar with fancy stuff, looking for opponents.

Anyways, my question was already answered, they wont make a whole new category for racing, RTS etc. games, so they just grouped them as they saw fit or something (even thought CoHO is not anyhow related to FPS and SC2 is not anyhow related to MMORPG).

Please, stop being dumb and ask anyone who has knowledge about what MMO/MMORPG is to tell you that you're pathetically trying to proove your point. It's RTS and will stay RTS, it is not even close to MMORPG.
    Offcourse it's an RTS. But the closest thing to RTS on MPGH is MMORPG. We do have portraits and customizable portraits. I do understand the meaning off persistent as I play many MMORPG's.
    Now Explain how Tribalwars and Travian can be MMORPG's as you don't have an Avatar walking around the persistent world, but are part of the world. As your one of the city's on the world.

P.S. Not everything has to be exact like Wikipedia says. Wikipedia isn't always right. Just most of the time.
    Last edited by Superpunt; 09-20-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks
    Offcourse it's an RTS. But the closest thing to RTS on MPGH is MMORPG. We do have portraits and customizable portraits. I do understand the meaning off persistent as I play many MMORPG's.
    Now Explain how Tribalwars and Travian can be MMORPG's as you don't have an Avatar walking around the persistent world, but are part of the world. As your one of the city's on the world.

P.S. Not everything has to be exact like Wikipedia says. Wikipedia isn't always right. Just most of the time.
    If it's the closest thing to MMORPG, then why you keep naming it a MMORPG? I seriously doubt whenever Travian and Tribalwars are MMORPGs. Web browser based games always have some kind of dumb and made up genres.

OMG