Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

How to deal with Merchanting Clans.

Hey guys, since runescape and the G.E. took focus a lot of merchanting clans have emerged. Quite a few of them are scams, unless you know how to out-scam them, which is what this tutorial is for.

Step 1: Always make sure you know if the Merchanting Clan is good at doing it, if they have an almost full room and they are answering people's questions then most likely they are legit.
    Step 2: Always make sure that they have just started the item, if you don't then this doesn't work at all.
    Step 3: Make sure you have enough money to make a decent profit, if you don't have any cash then merchanting isn't the thing for you.
    Step 4: Invest as much cash as you want into a given item, don't put all of your money into it, cause if an item goes under before you sell then you need to have a backup plan.
    Step 5: Allow for a couple G.E. updates and make sure the item you have invested in is going up.
    Step 6: After about the 3rd or 4th update make sure you know if the Merchanting Clan is going to dump soon or not.
    Step 7(most important step): If you have not dumped before always make sure to dump on the 5th(4th to be safe) update, if you risk going any longer than you risk not selling your items.

This guide has worked for me for my entire merchanting career so if you fail to dump please do not hold me responsible as you probably failed to follow one of the steps.

Hope you enjoy =),
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    It would help if you'd add some screenshots, and if you gave us a few examples of good Merch Clans

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    i made a post im thinking of merching lobbys they really low easy to sell out easy rise easy merch there u go =P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134;2777747
    [COLOR="Red"
    Step 1: Always make sure you know if the Merchanting Clan is good at doing it, if they have an almost full room and they are answering people's questions then most likely they are legit.[/COLOR]
    Step 2: Always make sure that they have just started the item, if you don't then this doesn't work at all.
    Step 3: Make sure you have enough money to make a decent profit, if you don't have any cash then merchanting isn't the thing for you.
    Step 4: Invest as much cash as you want into a given item, don't put all of your money into it, cause if an item goes under before you sell then you need to have a backup plan.
    Step 5: Allow for a couple G.E. updates and make sure the item you have invested in is going up.
    Step 6: After about the 3rd or 4th update make sure you know if the Merchanting Clan is going to dump soon or not.
    Step 7(most important step): If you have not dumped before always make sure to dump on the 5th(4th to be safe) update, if you risk going any longer than you risk not selling your items.
    Marked in red = bullshit. You've obviously never junk traded before. What you do is help merchanting items crash. That's not the point of merchanting.

Let me explain the concept of a legitimate merch clan: They buy the items (leader + generals) and then announce it. The stock is then distributed down the ranks, where it stays put for a few updates. What they then do is wait for the item to start crashing, and junk trade with it. That way they get the best value out of the item; the difference between the buy-in price and the inflation.

Dumping an item prematurely is not only unethical, but also barbaric as it shows your lack of merchanting skills.