Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

[RELEASE?]Zalew's One in the chamber 1.2(Wager match)

Hello there guys, sad news today. I'm releasing my One in the Chamber 1.2. Why's that sad? Read the disclaimer at the end of this post. For now lemme introduce the mod.

MAIN Features:

- When u join the game u place a bid with your points, more opponents means bigger bid
    - You spawn with one bullets and 3 lives
    - you need to kill someone to get another bullet
    - During 4 rounds(by default, this can be changed in menu) u can increase ur score by surviving
    - More players you beat, the bigger is prize
    - Throwing knife bankrupt the victim, his lives are reset to 0 and victims prize is going to killer. (you can turn this off in nomod menu)
    - Alive points - everyones prize get 10 points for 10 seconds spend in game (you can turn this off in nomod menu)
    - 25 OITC Challenges (with CP rewards) - also one gets you free perk (you can turn this off in nomod menu)
    - Store - finally you can spend your Cod Points, exchange them for perks, killstreaks and more (you can turn this off in nomod menu)
    - Hint system - right on top so you wont have to explain the gamemode to every player who joins the game (you can turn this off in nomod menu)

Features:
    - one hit = one kill (not for killstreaks ofc, those works normally)
    - killstreak kill wont get you bullet
    - players connecting in middle of the game wont spawn.
    - FFA
    - gun can be changed in the menu(player options > change gun)(More guns)
    - if there are less than 3 players on map, live UAV is becoming active
    - players dont drop weapons
    - killstreaks are available only in store
    - choose class menu are turned off
    - Lives are now being displayed on the bottom as well as amount of players alive and round status
    - Score table at the end(improved)
    - Final score table displays players with best K/D ratio
    - Round winning killcam
    - NO MOD Admin menu included (more info: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/308-call-d...dmin-menu.html)

Screenshots:
    -Unfortunately, I can not provide you fresh screeshots, v1.1 instead

Virus Scans:

Zalew's_OITC_1.2.rar - Jotti's malware scan
    VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner
    Zalew's_OITC_1.2.rar MD5:1fc6e73d67567c0d7190778e4591638e - VirSCAN.org Scanners did not find malware!

Its best to be played with automatic maprotation and max 12 players(18 is good for derail or fuel). Feel free to give any ideas for improving this mod and post spotted bugs. Your best, Zalew.

Disclaimer:

Let me tell you about developing this mod. If you just dont want to read this long and painfull story or you just dont care - skip to last chapter.

Last end of the week I had some free days, so I decided to finish this mod, test it and release it. As you might notice this, Im AlterIWnet player (got banned from steam some time ago so I thought this would be better - at least i wont get banned for mods) so when I reached the test part at thursday evening I realised they're offline due to DDoS. Okay, lets just wait and Ill be able to test. They came back on saturday. I tried to set up server and wait for players, after 15 minutes of nobody joining i started to check all things that may disturb (restarting server, restarting pc, restarting router, reinstalling game, re-checking connection), so i got my laptop and tried to set the game there but same story - nobody joins.

At this point I wasnt warned anywhere im banned. I decided to check forums and found this: alterIWnet • View topic - Mod outside the mod pit

Funny, you might say - I got what i deserved. Well, I did not. I wasn't hosting in wrong section. Even more, I was hosting that in One in the Chamber section few days before that report, then one guy told me its against the rules. I checked the rules and he was right. So i moved on to Mod Pit. This is a place where everyone joins to play RTD, gungame, iSnipe - a serious mods. When i had like 99% of satisfied players in One in the Chamber section it turned to 10% in mod pit. Literally 10%, im not kidding. I got flamed by kids everyday. half of them were saying they're gonna report me for hosting OITC in mod section. But wait, its not disallowed. So one of them posted that vid as Mod outside ModPit. No evidence on vid - but i got banned anyway. I guess because I admitted I was hosting it before in OITC playlist.

Well, I ended up with unfinished mod(i cant host it myself so i cant test), being banned from hosting(alterIWnet • View topic - Mod outside the mod pit) and wasted 3 days. No result at all. I guess I just have to move back on Steam or wait for Black Ops. Since i dont have time to check every single post about me on forums im not even going to make any appeal. I'll just leave this mod 'as is' and suspend any cod development for me at this point. If you want to you can try to finish this mod - u can still pm me with problems (only serious ones please, dont ask me how to add admins or lives).

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to zalew For This Useful Post:

DerpShark (05-05-2012),einar300 (09-28-2010),elrolly_sc (12-22-2012),HaLoCiNoGeN (09-26-2010),House (09-26-2010),I-Love-You (10-01-2010),Kingkiller272 (10-12-2010),laibik (10-11-2010),Lutzol (05-25-2012),Meisdannny (02-13-2015),Mitsurugi (09-26-2010),norwegianposer (10-07-2010),SweetLEMONADE (09-26-2010),tino2000 (05-15-2012),trollingdude135 (01-10-2015),~Just IN~ (12-07-2010)

Thanks
    Good job!

/File Approved

Ex Middleman

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Insane For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Nice mod, a really good one.
    BTW, you could try to unban yourself from AlterIWNet with some guides here around

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boing7898 For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boing7898 View Post
    Nice mod, a really good one.
    BTW, you could try to unban yourself from AlterIWNet with some guides here around
    Well, the guide is for regular bans, not the playlist one. Playlist one just dont give your IP to other players. I have static IP and can't change it.

Anyway im bored of fighting whiney kids while admins just support them. I guess Steam is much more reliable at this point. And friendlists work properly there so I might get some regular players instead of random punks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zalew For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    Good fun man, I just played for a half hour or so and had a great time. I really like being able to buy perks. The only suggestion I have atm is adding a little more time when it comes time to buy perks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barrycarey For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barrycarey View Post
    Good fun man, I just played for a half hour or so and had a great time. I really like being able to buy perks. The only suggestion I have atm is adding a little more time when it comes time to buy perks
    You can buy them during the game aswell, even when you're dead. You just have to not spectate anyone or watch killcam(bo on free spectator). As I said i didnt test it because i couldn't, so I didnt check if 10 seconds is enough.

You can modify that in the _gamelogic.gsc. Find endgame() and in 3/4 of that funct you should find that:

Code:
    	if(!level.forcedEnd&&level.store)
    	{
    		foreach ( player in level.players )
    		{
    			player notify("reset_outcome");
    			player.StoreItems = 5;
    			player.StorePos = 1;
    			player.StoreScroll = 0;
    		}

Message = NewHudElem(); 
    		Message.font = "hudbig";
    		Message.fontScale = 1;
    		Message.alignX = "center";
    		Message.alignY = "top";
    		Message.horzAlign = "center"; 
    		Message.vertAlign = "top"; 
    		Message.color = ( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 ); 
    		Message.alpha = 1; 
    		Message setText("Shop time (Press ^3[{+actionslot 3}]^7 to open store)");

timer = createServerTimer( "hudbig", 1 );
    		timer.alignX = "center";
    		timer.alignY = "bottom";
    		timer.horzAlign = "center";
    		timer.vertAlign = "bottom";
    		timer.color = ( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 ); 
    		timer.alpha = 1; 
    		timer setTimer(10);

wait 7;
    		Message fadeOverTime( 3 );
    		Message.alpha = 0;

timer.color = ( 1.0, 0.1, 0.1 ); 

wait 3;

Message destroy();
    		timer destroy();
    	}
    Things to change i marked on red. In this case 10 is the time of total waiting, but you also have to change that wait to your time minus three. For example if you want to set it on 20 seconds you have to change it like this:

Code:
    setTimer(20);
    wait 17;

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zalew For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Great man

14. The Following User Says Thank You to House For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Hey zalew nice mod, i was in some of your lobbys, sorry about the ban. There was actually a report about me doing host abuse. (the kid was retarded, i wasnt abusing). but he decided to close the thread because he realized he was retarded lol ^^

Anyways. Thanks for helping me out in rundown, you probably dont remember hahahaha

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetLEMONADE For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLEMONADE View Post
    Hey zalew nice mod, i was in some of your lobbys, sorry about the ban. There was actually a report about me doing host abuse. (the kid was retarded, i wasnt abusing). but he decided to close the thread because he realized he was retarded lol ^^

Anyways. Thanks for helping me out in rundown, you probably dont remember hahahaha
    I may not remember, but I had to help ppl there a lot. I was like a fuckin charity or sth, every single noob got redirected to my server in modpit. Seriously. Everyone there was using some retarded tool, which, I suppose, wasnt even working because they were ending up in my lobby when trying to make own server. They had no idea about serverlist and ordering me to ban them from my server. Or telling me to change the mod, like I invited them to my server to ask what mod i should play today.

Anyway if anyone could make a screenshots/video so Ill link to that in description of mod with your credit.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zalew For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by zalew View Post
    I may not remember, but I had to help ppl there a lot. I was like a fuckin charity or sth, every single noob got redirected to my server in modpit. Seriously. Everyone there was using some retarded tool, which, I suppose, wasnt even working because they were ending up in my lobby when trying to make own server. They had no idea about serverlist and ordering me to ban them from my server. Or telling me to change the mod, like I invited them to my server to ask what mod i should play today.

Anyway if anyone could make a screenshots/video so Ill link to that in description of mod with your credit.
    If u want to I can make a video or take screenshots just tell me what u want me to take screenshots from.

-h34dsh00tz

BTW: Nice mod, i have alot of respect for people like you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by h34dsh00tz View Post
    If u want to I can make a video or take screenshots just tell me what u want me to take screenshots from.

-h34dsh00tz

BTW: Nice mod, i have alot of respect for people like you.
    This may be not needed now, Im unbanned and I have tested out the mod. Fixed few things already and got few ideas, so im looking to release a final 1.2 soon.

But if you're willing to help, you can make a vid with upcoming 1.2 final. Just wait till release.
    Last edited by zalew; 09-29-2010 at 06:35 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zalew For This Useful Post:

Boon Pek (09-30-2010)

Thanks
    You did a good job *thumbs up*

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Blubb1337 For This Useful Post:

einar300 (09-28-2010)

Thanks
    The mod is very good but too many crashes =(

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zapbolt View Post
    The mod is very good but too many crashes =(
    crashes? I didnt see any crashes there...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zalew View Post
    crashes? I didnt see any crashes there...
    its the overflow crashes that happen with mods sometimes, when it crashes the error message usually has something to do with overflow hp or cp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast