Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    What i dont understand is:

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Begotten = Produced child from sexual intercourse.
    I want you to translate this for me bro.

Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον ὥστε τὸν υἱὸν αὐτοῦ τὸν μονογενῆ ἔδωκεν ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων εἰς αὐτὸν μὴ ἀπόληται ἀλλ' ἔχῃ ζωὴν αἰώνιον

This is from the greek NT Textus Receptus.
    Not being confrontational,
    I actually want us to talk like regular people and not enemies.

You're right about one thing, and I have always believed this,
    That man has tampered with scripture,
    mostly done during the Constantine era.

This is why I advocate Christians to learn the Greek and Hebrew texts.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 10-30-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    before the western church changed the teachings due to the pressure from the barbarians that had rome under their command,it was a triadic god.which means,Jesus,Father and the Holy Spirit.
    then they added filioque,which reduced the holy spirit,because it could be called through jesus,thereby decreasing it's importance and ruining the actual faith.
    The eastern church on the other hand,kept the actual teachings of the apostoles and those made by their councils(I don't know the word for σύνοδος in english,sorry :P ) throughout the centuries.
    Triadic God = Father,Son(jesus) and the Holy Spirit.
    everything else is crap :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον ὥστε τὸν υἱὸν αὐτοῦ τὸν μονογενῆ ἔδωκεν ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων εἰς αὐτὸν μὴ ἀπόληται ἀλλ' ἔχῃ ζωὴν αἰώνιον
    This is how God loved the world,so that he gave them his son,the only son so that anyone who believes in him,will not perish and die,but will have eternal life.
    what you translate in begotten,μονογενής,means the only one that exists or was born=that by Maria and her parthenogenesis(such a nice greek word :P )
    the word μονογενης is a 'complex' word,made by μονος+γενης/γεννηθείς,which can be taken as both existed and born.
    Jesus was not produced in his earthly form,through sexual intercourse,but through an angel that gave Mary the Virgin a flower,becuase it was God's wish she brought his Son to the world in that form.

nice,I thought nonGreeks read the translated form,good to see someone knows the original :P
    Visible,if you don't understand it tell me and I'll give you a live translation :P
    Last edited by Casavir; 10-31-2010 at 02:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    What i dont understand is:

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Begotten = Produced child from sexual intercourse.
    Visible. If you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, shut the fuck up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Visible. If you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, shut the fuck up.
    Get off his ass..for once he's not just outright trashing Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    before the western church changed the teachings due to the pressure from the barbarians that had rome under their command,it was a triadic god.which means,Jesus,Father and the Holy Spirit.
    then they added filioque,which reduced the holy spirit,because it could be called through jesus,thereby decreasing it's importance and ruining the actual faith.
    The eastern church on the other hand,kept the actual teachings of the apostoles and those made by their councils(I don't know the word for σύνοδος in english,sorry :P ) throughout the centuries.
    Triadic God = Father,Son(jesus) and the Holy Spirit.
    everything else is crap :P

This is how God loved the world,so that he gave them his son,the only son so that anyone who believes in him,will not perish and die,but will have eternal life.
    what you translate in begotten,μονογενής,means the only one that exists or was born=that by Maria and her parthenogenesis(such a nice greek word :P )
    the word μονογενης is a 'complex' word,made by μονος+γενης/γεννηθείς,which can be taken as both existed and born.
    Jesus was not produced in his earthly form,through sexual intercourse,but through an angel that gave Mary the Virgin a flower,becuase it was God's wish she brought his Son to the world in that form.

nice,I thought nonGreeks read the translated form,good to see someone knows the original :P
    Visible,if you don't understand it tell me and I'll give you a live translation :P
    I think it's extremely important for Christians to learn the Greek texts.
    After all the Apostles spoke and wrote in Greek while addressing the Gentiles.
    There is only 1 Bible translated in english that has the correct translation of John 3:16
    That is the New World Bible.

I find this to be alarming..and can only imagine what other things I'll find mistranslated,,
    obviously this whole "begotten" thing is blasphemy.
    Just goes to show you how sneaky the devil is,
    that a subtle change can cause confusion amongst believers,
    But here is a very important passage from Matthew.

"Ask and it will be given, Seek and you will find"

If Christians ask the Lord for his divine wisdom,
    and seek his true words,we will surely find them.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 10-31-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    you know,the most fail in translation used by church and originated from greek is
    πίστευε και μη ερεύνα
    it's actually πίστευε και μη,ερεύνα
    that , makes the difference
    it was used by the church in the medieval times and in the crusades,to surprass technology and discoveries
    it's translated as believe and don't research.
    while it's believe or not,research

everyone should be learning greek,at least all christians.but hell,this language is hard even for us modern Greeks lol.
    Last edited by Casavir; 10-31-2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    you know,the most fail in translation used by church and originated from greek is
    πίστευε και μη ερεύνα
    it's actually πίστευε και μη,ερεύνα
    that , makes the difference
    it was used by the church in the medieval times and in the crusades,to surprass technology and discoveries
    it's translated as believe and don't research.
    while it's believe or not,research

everyone should be learning greek,at least all christians.but hell,this language is hard even for us modern Greeks lol.

Lol no kidding..There is like 7 different words for every 1 English word.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I just love those languages with 1 = 10 different meanings

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I just love those languages with 1 = 10 different meanings
    Most of the words mean the same thing,
    They just have different words for them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    the bottom line here is this:

1) Christians believe that JESUS is the SON of GOD..... LITERALLY
    2) The bible is not in its original form i.e. it has man made content and amendments
    3) Number 2 also goes for the Herbew bible
    4) in the Quran although the verses are in their original form, the ordering is not. Moreover we have no proof that these are the ONLY verses that were revealed i.e. the Shii believe that the Quran initially had 40 chapters instead of 30.
    5) All books have some verses which have no exact meaning and hence different people tend to interpret them differently
    6) The believe in the literal meaning of all the verses from these books creates EXTREMISTS
    7) its been 1500 since the last prophet set foot on earth, in those dark ages we have no idea what really happened and hence God needs to send down another revelation for the MODERN age we are living in
    Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us at a Moment of Our Choosing

[img]https://i981.photobucke*****m/albums/ae291/hbktminc/untitled2-1-1.jpg[/img]
    Join the HeartBreak ARMY: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/heart_break_army.html

I'm a Muslim, What are You?
    Trademark Inc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post

2) The bible is not in its original form i.e. it has man made content and amendments
    4) in the Quran although the verses are in their original form, the ordering is not. Moreover we have no proof that these are the ONLY verses that were revealed i.e. the Shii believe that the Quran initially had 40 chapters instead of 30.
    5) All books have some verses which have no exact meaning and hence different people tend to interpret them differently
    6) The believe in the literal meaning of all the verses from these books creates EXTREMISTS
    7) its been 1500 since the last prophet set foot on earth, in those dark ages we have no idea what really happened and hence God needs to send down another revelation for the MODERN age we are living in
    You forgot one.
    8) Or there is no God and people like to take comforting-fiction seriously.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

1) Yes, misinformed Christians.
    2).This is why we study the Greek and Hebrew texts. These are the truest form.
    3)k.
    4) I don't care about the Qur'an
    5)This is why you study under a pastor teacher that reads from the original texts.

6.)State the obvious one more time.
    7)If you really believe we need another prophet then your faith in God is weak

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

The Hebrew bible isn't as the same as the Christian one, the Torah is also one of the most sacred item in Judaism as if it is specially hand-written EVERY word, every little details have to come from how the Torah was first designed. Only a selected few can do this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You forgot one.
    8) Or there is no God and people like to take comforting-fiction seriously.
    all hail cthulu

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

all hail cthulu
    My God:

Cthulu

Your God:

Allah

Cthulu Wins.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I have GOT to read the necronomicon already, i heard its great.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast