Thread: 1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

1 We have a beep test and a french test.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Classical Indian mathematics (c. 400—1600)

Main article: Indian mathematics
    See also: History of the Hindu-Arabic numeral system

Aryabhata
    Aryabhata

The Surya Siddhanta (c. 400) introduced the trigonometric functions of sine, cosine, and inverse sine, and laid down rules to determine the true motions of the luminaries, which conforms to their actual positions in the sky. The cosmological time cycles explained in the text, which was copied from an earlier work, corresponds to an average sidereal year of 365.2563627 days, which is only 1.4 seconds longer than the modern value of 365.25636305 days. This work was translated to Arabic and Latin during the Middle Ages.

Aryabhata in 499 introduced the versine function, produced the first trigonometric tables of sine, developed techniques and algorithms of algebra, infinitesimals, differential equations, and obtained whole number solutions to linear equations by a method equivalent to the modern method, along with accurate astronomical calculations based on a heliocentric system of gravitation. An Arabic translation of his Aryabhatiya was available from the 8th century, followed by a Latin translation in the 13th century. He also computed the value of π to the fourth decimal place as 3.1416. Madhava later in the 14th century computed the value of π to the eleventh decimal place as 3.14159265359.

In the 7th century, Brahmagupta identified the Brahmagupta theorem, Brahmagupta's identity and Brahmagupta's formula, and for the first time, in Brahma-sphuta-siddhanta, he lucidly explained the use of zero as both a placeholder and decimal digit and explained the Hindu-Arabic numeral system. It was from a translation of this Indian text on mathematics (around 770) that Islamic mathematicians were introduced to this numeral system, which they adapted as Arabic numerals. Islamic scholars carried knowledge of this number system to Europe by the 12th century, and it has now displaced all older number systems throughout the world. In the 10th century, Halayudha's commentary on Pingala's work contains a study of the Fibonacci sequence and Pascal's triangle, and describes the formation of a matrix.

In the 12th century, Bhaskara first conceived differential calculus, along with the concepts of the derivative, differential coefficient and differentiation. He also stated Rolle's theorem (a special case of the mean value theorem), studied Pell's equation, and investigated the derivative of the sine function. From the 14th century, Madhava and other Kerala School mathematicians, further developed his ideas. They developed the concepts of mathematical analysis and floating point numbers, and concepts fundamental to the overall development of calculus, including the mean value theorem, term by term integration, the relationship of an area under a curve and its antiderivative or integral, tests of convergence, iterative methods for solutions of non-linear equations, and a number of infinite series, power series, Taylor series and trigonometric series. In the 16th century, Jyeshtadeva consolidated many of the Kerala School's developments and theorems in the Yuktibhasa, the world's first differential calculus text, which also introduced concepts of integral calculus. Mathematical progress in India became stagnant from the late 16th century onwards due to subsequent political turmoil.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Do you people have nothing better to do?

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    no! sir .... i we are bored...

VERY BORED
    tierd of all the ero games
    tierd of all the randoms shit i do..
    nothing left to do ...
    i might leave this world soon....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Well, its this, or French homework.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    ^_^ its this or.. help me pour gas on him ....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    -_- I'm watching prison break.

Thanks
    Fuck all niggas

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by jetamay View Post
    -_- I'm watching prison break.
    i am listing tom music while reading manga
    and every 2 min i lost my atention ...

and some some random stuff

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    =X I'm multi-tasking, each time the show ends I come and make a post, do one math question, then go back to the T.V.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    played raw vs smackdown
    i kicked some major ass...

i beat the hell out of Umaga with a leeder and smashed him thorugh the table from the top of the cage one kick he went flying i LOLED !! he was cheating on me to...
    it was Wrestlemania special event umaga(umaga as in the great umagan power) vs. The Great Khali