Thanks

about my vid card n RAM

guys i got a question i have 1 gb ram and i have a vid card which has 64mb vid ram on it and my fps is usually have 20fps if i buy 2gb ram which goes to 3gb will i still lag if i dont buy a vid card, or will i need a vid card also to stop the lag even more.

Thanks
    Update your vid card.

20 FPS, zomfg.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
    Update your vid card.

20 FPS, zomfg.
    yea lol but when i look up to the sky in cod 4 my fps goes to 100 , so if i just buy 2gb ram so i get 3gb ram all together will i have higher FPS or will i still lag, im a guy who dont care about graphics i just like features

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    play at lower settings
    get gamebooster,google it, helps fps alot
    play at lower resolution
    go into msconfig stop unneeded stuff
    when starting game close webpages etc
    AND UPDATE CARD!!!
    i have 2gb and nvidia 220 and i can play at medium settings without much lag
    the card when i got it was 100
    get 460 1gb never need to worry about fps again if you play at a low resolution

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Hey man, it also depends what your processor is.. 1GB of Ram isn't too good to play call of duty 4 if you want good quality and a decent fps rate.. post the model of your video card, but you probably would want to update your system

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vansguy247 View Post
    Hey man, it also depends what your processor is.. 1GB of Ram isn't too good to play call of duty 4 if you want good quality and a decent fps rate.. post the model of your video card, but you probably would want to update your system
    i dont care about quality all i care about is FPS.

CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3600+

CPU speed: 2.01 GHz

RAM: 957.9 MB "on my ram sticks thats inside my comp i have 2 512mb RAM so it should be 1024mb RAM but it says 957.9 MB for some reason"

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition (build 6000), 32-bit

Video Card: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    on vid cards its got: 64mb Vid RAM, 3D, Hardware T&L, Pixel Shader version 3.0, Vertex Shader version 3.0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    A vid card will help your game run smoother because the vid card ram will work with your ram to make it smooth. Also the vid card helps load the game's graphics like buildings, weapons and such so yeah the vid card does help a lot also

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sarangle View Post
    A vid card will help your game run smoother because the vid card ram will work with your ram to make it smooth. Also the vid card helps load the game's graphics like buildings, weapons and such so yeah the vid card does help a lot also
    i waz gunna buy a umm GeForce 6800 because its 256mb vid ram on it

Thanks
    Your computer BARELY has enough system resources to run Vista. I think its time to upgrade the entire computer, especially if you actually want to play games on it.

inb4 parents wont buy it/no money: you dont need an uber leet rig to run cod4.

And also, RAM does not determine FPS as much as your CPU/GPU combo. RAM helps determine level load times more than FPS. The 6800 is an ancient card. I mean ANCIENT. If you want a cheap but old card, try and find a 8600GTS. It was probably the most powerful card of its time, and still competes well with anything 295GTS and back.

But upgrading your RAM is not going to have a huge effect on FPS. Buying a GPU will, and if anything buying a decent computer will as well. You can build one for less than $500 that will run any game out there, (besides obvious high GFX ones like Crysis, GTAIV etc) I forked out $800 to build mine, and I maxes every game I have installed.

So long story short: buy a decent GPU to take some stress off you CPU and other resources, or buy a new computer.

If all else fails, google "Yitch1 config" and use that.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    Your computer BARELY has enough system resources to run Vista. I think its time to upgrade the entire computer, especially if you actually want to play games on it.

inb4 parents wont buy it/no money: you dont need an uber leet rig to run cod4.

And also, RAM does not determine FPS as much as your CPU/GPU combo. RAM helps determine level load times more than FPS. The 6800 is an ancient card. I mean ANCIENT. If you want a cheap but old card, try and find a 8600GTS. It was probably the most powerful card of its time, and still competes well with anything 295GTS and back.

But upgrading your RAM is not going to have a huge effect on FPS. Buying a GPU will, and if anything buying a decent computer will as well. You can build one for less than $500 that will run any game out there, (besides obvious high GFX ones like Crysis, GTAIV etc) I forked out $800 to build mine, and I maxes every game I have installed.

So long story short: buy a decent GPU to take some stress off you CPU and other resources, or buy a new computer.

If all else fails, google "Yitch1 config" and use that.
    yea but that vid card im gunna buy has 256mb vid ram, and my vid card im currently has everything what mw2 needs running like pixel shader 3D etc its the vid ram on it, and im trying to get a new CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or some version close to it.

Thanks
    Seriously. Get a new computer. You would have 2 update 2 much.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
    Seriously. Get a new computer. You would have 2 update 2 much.
    like update what all im buying is a new cpu, and my 2gb ram which i bought other day and should be here tomoz, then prob in a week or 2 i might buy a vid card, might buy a AMD Athlon x2 6000+

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    err... i can run CoD4 perfectly and wit high graphics and i only have dual core GeForce 9500 GT 1gb and 3gb ram

Thanks
    FFS there is a site called "Can you run it" Google it, or google the game's specs before blabbing off on some online forum hoping someone else will find out for you. But yes that computer will play it.

And If you are going to get a new card, but not looking at new gen, seriously look at the 8600GTS. I have two of them in an old rig at my house, and it out performs a couple of HD4550's ive had. And again, rather than spending money on trying to upgrade such an old box, just buy a newer one for just about as much. Save yo SO much trouble.

Prioritize getting a new comp. If not, than buy a GPU first, as it will help performance a LOT. Then look into new CPU's. When I have ready access to non limited internet, I should be able to do a little more research into what you have/need. But seriously look into a new comp buddy.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    FFS there is a site called "Can you run it" Google it, or google the game's specs before blabbing off on some online forum hoping someone else will find out for you. But yes that computer will play it.

And If you are going to get a new card, but not looking at new gen, seriously look at the 8600GTS. I have two of them in an old rig at my house, and it out performs a couple of HD4550's ive had. And again, rather than spending money on trying to upgrade such an old box, just buy a newer one for just about as much. Save yo SO much trouble.

Prioritize getting a new comp. If not, than buy a GPU first, as it will help performance a LOT. Then look into new CPU's. When I have ready access to non limited internet, I should be able to do a little more research into what you have/need. But seriously look into a new comp buddy.
    the thing is on can you run it it recommends me stuff that my comp cant support.
    and i already found a CPU this is the one im getting
    Dual Core AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor Socket AM2 on eBay (end time 14-Oct-10 20:49:36 BST)
    due to 6000 costs too much
    also does 8600GTS supporton my comp

EDIT:
    i am not getting a new cpu atm they are just too much so i am now getting a
    https://www.nvidi*****m/object/product...9500gt_us.html
    Last edited by rowan112; 10-14-2010 at 09:59 AM.