Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Overrun with Newbs...

Ok everything else here is stupid enough, I'll go along with mr sadistic's rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by SadisticGrin
    1. Who you are.
    I'm Jakor. Long time masm programmer turned nasm programmer. Retired Staff member Bw**********. Well liked in the Starcraft hacking scene for helping people learn to program / hack. I have not been here long. You guys already don't like me, first post is a flame on the community. :-\

2. How many post do you have.
    1 now. Intelligence is not based on number of posts. Look around everyone is an idiot here no matter what there post count is. For that analogy: I graduated high school early and was still able to get a job without my diploma the first year and a half. Having a high school diploma doesn't mean you are smart.

3. How funny is your flame?
    I think it's pretty sad actually. Everyone running through "What can you do with asm" "Asm < vb6" "c++ is more advanced than asm" "just use NOP in a code cave" and other wierd shit like that. I've been pulling my hair out trying to find one half way intelligent person to attempt to help...

4. Who are you Flaming?
    I'll let you know when I find someone who is half way intelligent and not worthy of the flame.

5. Do you spam a lot?
    Obviously not. First post. Then again I guess that makes 100%...

Whoever that moderator is. If you know anything about programming, I will assume you are just hiding the knowledge you have in order to keep the "newbs" in line. If this is true, forget this thinking right now. Help people and you can have a successful website, not one that just has a bunch of newbs running around with their heads cut off yelling about NOP and Code Cave and how if you are good enough you can write everything in VB. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

again. I can say all of this because I have programmed and I have helped people. Anyone want to reply I'd love a debate almost as much as I would love to start programming right now.

sorry, but instead of posting this all over i had to get it out here

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Who are you exactly?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    Been around since '04 in the game hacking scene. Joined BW********** in Jan 05. I released the first public multicommand (allowing you to move more than just the default 12 units) I released unit alerts, stats hacks, I implemented several versions of mutation hacks(including addition of mineral/gas with the mutations) I reversed most of the actionscommands that starcraft passes as messages to units. Before me the most i remember being public is a maphack and a stats hack for a couple versions. I ran coding/hacking contests for bwhacks.

This may not mean much to you, but if you do any sort of looking, you will see i have always been one to help people who are trying to help themselves.

Might I ask who you are?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakor View Post
    Been around since '04 in the game hacking scene. Joined BW********** in Jan 05. I released the first public multicommand (allowing you to move more than just the default 12 units) I released unit alerts, stats hacks, I implemented several versions of mutation hacks(including addition of mineral/gas with the mutations) I reversed most of the actionscommands that starcraft passes as messages to units. Before me the most i remember being public is a maphack and a stats hack for a couple versions. I ran coding/hacking contests for bwhacks.

This may not mean much to you, but if you do any sort of looking, you will see i have always been one to help people who are trying to help themselves.

Might I ask who you are?
    Okay, I don't see how gloating about what you've done defines you. I mean, what is your main account. Why do you only have two posts?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    I am Jakor. I signed up here because I was looking to help program. But I cannot find anyone to help. btw, let's change the topic to gloat about your accomplishments. What are some of yours? or anyones.

there is a difference between a newb and someone who is new to something. the person who is new knows there is something to be learned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    What is it you need to know then?

*edit*

Okay, I see, sorry if you found my post offending.
    I am : Jeremy, I work with C++, VB.*,PHP. I've worked with a debugger before(Can't say I'm really good with it, but I can I say I know how to use it). I know a little bit of ASM and enjoy communicating on forums.

I'll admit, I don't know everything when it comes to hacking, but I know enough that'll get me around.

Welcome to MPGH.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 02-03-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks
    Heh, I don't play RTS' so I can't say much about the SC hacking community, but the majority of forums relating to 'hacking' which allow public access are overrun with 'newbs', as you put it. Especially those dealing with MMO's and/or FPS'. The majority of the posts in any of the programming section are from three types of people:

1.) Programmers. Those who actually can code, and can hold an intelligent conversation. I know for a fact Dave falls into this category. I also attempt to help whom I can, as I am sure you will. So you have coders who can code helping those with problems, or getting help with problems of their own. The problem here is, share too much code, and it's ripped, appearing on the multitudes of other hacking sites. This is why most people that fit into this category don't spend much time on sites like these.

2.) Non-programmers looking for instant hacks. They want you to write the code for them. I don't have enough time to cover all the possible motivations of those in this category, but I'm sure you could use your imagination.

3.) 'Newbs'. Those who think they know what they're talking about, or maybe even know they're fucking retarded, but spew their illogical and oft times nonsensical bullshit in order to attain some sort of admiration from their ilk.

My apartment was robbed a couple months ago, so I haven't been online until a few nights ago. But I'm going to try to be around more often, so if you wanted to have some sort of codemonkey geekout conversation or something, feel free to PM me.

Other than that, try to go easy on the kiddies. Everybody was a 'newb' at one point, few have had the capacity to rise above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bury Your Dead
    You say he lost his heart that night,
    He never had one anyway.
    You say your drinking starts the fights,
    Well I'm digging his fucking grave.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    You haven't been active for a while. Where have you been?

*edit* Sorry, I didn't read that last part. Wow, what was stolen?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetamay View Post
    You haven't been active for a while. Where have you been?
    They robbed my apartment dude, took both of my lappys, my server and my desktop, two TV's, all three PS2's, my PSP, and my new fucking Wii. I just got around to building this piece of shit out of parts I didn't even know I had at my mom's house. So yeah, I haven't been able to afford even internet for awhile, trying to replace my TV and my PSP right now.
    He never had one anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by d.vel.oper View Post
    They robbed my apartment dude, took both of my lappys, my server and my desktop, two TV's, all three PS2's, my PSP, and my new fucking Wii. I just got around to building this piece of shit out of parts I didn't even know I had at my mom's house. So yeah, I haven't been able to afford even internet for awhile, trying to replace my TV and my PSP right now.
    Fuck, that really sucks. Hmm, did you know me, I'm sure I registered before. I don't think I was active when you were around. Does Jetamay ring a bell?

Thanks
    Fuck, that really sucks. Hmm, did you know me, I'm sure I registered before. I don't think I was active when you were around. Does Jetamay ring a bell?
    Doesn't ring a bell at all. You can form complete sentences. :\ I'm sure that would have stuck out in my mind. So yeah, I'm d, aka Matt, a stoner/hacker/coder. I used to write hacks for MapleStory, Ghost Online, Knight Online, Warrock, um, San Andreas+GTAIII+Vice City. More than half of them were hybrid (memory/code modification+DirectX hooking+protection bypass) as well as a short-lived commercial XTrap bypass (got tired of selling to people who can't even read the readme).

I think I caught your name was Jeremy or something, nice to meet you. Fucking Dave needs to make the IRC work again. Meh.
    He never had one anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    =/ I've noticed that. Although I don't know if there would be that many people willing to use the IRC. It would really only get the users who give a shit about mpgh in that chat room, come to think of it. An IRC for Mpgh would be pretty cool. You would actually be able to have a conversation with some of the users. Maybe a whole new customer service, so we don't get the same questions over and over.

Thanks
    =/ I've noticed that. Although I don't know if there would be that many people willing to use the IRC. It would really only get the users who give a shit about mpgh in that chat room, come to think of it. An IRC for Mpgh would be pretty cool. You would actually be able to have a conversation with some of the users. Maybe a whole new customer service, so we don't get the same questions over and over.
    I figure the IRC would attract mainly the people I'd want to converse with. I.e: those who can use it efficiently. It's sorta like an IQ prerequisite test.
    He never had one anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Not anymore these days, since all you have to do is hit the "Web Chat" link on the top and it auto connects and joins a channel in MPGH IRC.

By the way, are you a homebrew dev for the PSP?

Dave thought you died.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    We've been bugging dave about setting up IRC again, even he's said he needs to set up one again, so give dave some motivation and we will see an IRC server in the near future
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast