Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Post I want to switch to ubunta but..

Can I used the same Includes\Libs for my C++ project(Windows.h)?
    Can I use VB. Can I run game with required .Net framework?
    Can I play games such as WarRock?

Even then, what are your past experiences with the OS?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    u is a ****** and yais u can get wine or if u dont wanna deal with wine get a friendlier version of linux that is allowing yor applications to be runnin on yor desktop

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    .NET on Linux? HAH!

Video Games on Linux? HAH!

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    yes you can do all of that, its a very flexible system. you cant at first, you have to install loads of plugins and stuff but in the end it all works out

its a much flashier system too lol

just make sure you dont mind using a terminal

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Omg, has anyone in this world made an OS that doesn't suck dick.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    no =\

but seriously once u get used to the whole command prompt its pretty decent

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Raster Burn View Post
    no =\

but seriously once u get used to the whole command prompt its pretty decent
    I want it because its fast. I thought it would be a hella lot easier hacking with a fast computer then a slow laggy piece of shit. It takes an hour to scan with this. Ubuntu would scan much faster. But Ubuntu doesn't have the CE's MHS's or API-Calls for hacking, or at least not the ones that I'm used too. Even if it did, it wouldn't be cross-Platform with Windows.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetamay View Post
    I want it because its fast. I thought it would be a hella lot easier hacking with a fast computer then a slow laggy piece of shit. It takes an hour to scan with this. Ubuntu would scan much faster. But Ubuntu doesn't have the CE's MHS's or API-Calls for hacking, or at least not the ones that I'm used too. Even if it did, it wouldn't be cross-Platform with Windows.
    sorry for ur dissapointment v_v

microsoft needs to focus on making a speedy OS, rather than making theirs universal =S i didnt use half the shit on mine and it was slow as hell. ahhhhh i know, they should make custom OSes lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    sorry for ur dissapointment v_v

microsoft needs to focus on making a speedy OS, rather than making theirs universal =S i didnt use half the shit on mine and it was slow as hell. ahhhhh i know, they should make custom OSes lol
    Maybe the OS is fine and you need a new PC? Running an old one core 1.2 GHz machine will probably cause your OS to be laggy lol . Get a nice new macbook and get a duel boot mac / vista (works for me lol)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mastasnip3 View Post
    Maybe the OS is fine and you need a new PC? Running an old one core 1.2 GHz machine will probably cause your OS to be laggy lol . Get a nice new macbook and get a duel boot mac / vista (works for me lol)
    dual core T2050 @ 1.6GHz...

mac sucks ass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by mastasnip3 View Post
    His point was that Microsoft puts to much useless shit in there OS, which I agree with. I mean, when the fuck am I not going to have a mouse and keyboard, but I do have a mic to control my PC.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    i can get you a very very stripped version of windows XP, takes four minutes to install after you format your harddrive, and only uses 27 megs, but thats because all of the services are disabled except for four, but there have been no reports of people not being able to install and run what they wanted
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    well you wouldnt want it too simple...i really liked my custom OS idea lol they need to make OSes like Dell makes pcs. but of course they would tag on an extra thousand bucks just for putting their name on it like dell...lol. im not saying i like dell tho, i have a dell laptop and its so poorly made -.- if only i had known, id have gotten alienware

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    well you wouldnt want it too simple...i really liked my custom OS idea lol they need to make OSes like Dell makes pcs. but of course they would tag on an extra thousand bucks just for putting their name on it like dell...lol. im not saying i like dell tho, i have a dell laptop and its so poorly made -.- if only i had known, id have gotten alienware
    [What you can do]

- PROGRAMS -
    You can still install and run just about all the programs and games that you can run on a normal installation of XP. There is a text file in the eXPerience folder on the desktop that has a list of programs that work and includes some that don't work (not many). Even Office 2007 installs on this version of MicroXP v0.6bs!

- GAMES -
    Up to now, there has not been one single report of any game not working on MicroXP. Gaming is what this edition ofMicroXP v0.6b is all about, it gives better benchmarks than just about any other version of Windows XP out there.

- DIAL-UP -
    You can still use a Dial-Up connection (Broadband or old 56k modem). This is the one major flaw in other stripped out operating systems like this one, but in this edition, Dial-Up connectivity is OK.

- WEB BROWSER -
    There is no web browser included in this release at all, but if you click the Internet Explorer icon near the start button, this will open a text file showing you how to access the internet using a normal Explorer window. All you need to do is type "oper*****m" or "firefo*****m" (without quotes) in your address bar on any Explorer window, this will open the Opera or Firefox web page, where you download the web browser you want.

- WMV STREAMS -
    Once you have installed Opera, Firefox, Netscape or the browser of your choice, as long as you install Windows Media Player 11, you can stream Windows Media Videos from websites like the BBC's News website, or anywhere that has WMV streams. This is possible because there are three DLL files added to the "Windows Media Player" folder in "Program Files". Don't worry, theres no Windows Media Player there, it only contains the vital DLL files for streaming compatibility.

- FLASH -
    When you visit a website with any Flash animations on it (including YouTube and Google Video) in Firefox web browser, even on a full install of Windows XP, you always see that annoying green jigsaw puzzle piece and the "missing plugin" error. If you install Opera or Firefox browser in this special "MicroXP" edition of Windows, you can go visit YouTube or Google Video without even having to install Flash Player. You can just watch the videos right away
    Anything thats not there, can be put there =P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetamay View Post
    Can I used the same Includes\Libs for my C++ project(Windows.h)?
    Can I use VB. Can I run game with required .Net framework?
    Can I play games such as WarRock?

Even then, what are your past experiences with the OS?
    First. Spell "ubuntu" correctly, Second. Read about it you fucking ******

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast