Thread: Ask Josh Olin

Hybrid View

Thanks

Ask Josh Olin

This is the latest Question & Answers Josh Olin did on Twitter.
    He answered to 72 questions!!

Code:
    @BlankPoint »@JD_2020 Will PS3 players be able to lock private matches on #CoDBlackOps?
    @JD_2020 » Absolutely.

@ricardolobo » @JD_2020 Hi! Can you please tell me if the CODBlackOps PC version is gonna to have lean? :)
    @JD_2020 » It does, yes.

@iam15ninjas » @JD_2020 Will the Gun Game have the same weapon progression every time, or will it vary in some way? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Same one every time. The idea is, you master that progression, you will make bank with Gun Game.

@Ryan_Smith1 »#AskJD what are you guys doing with the annoying grenade launchers... Also are the Servers going to be more stable this time around?
    @JD_2020 » Noob Tubes will be disabled at the beginning of the round, much like we patched into #CoDWaW.

@jayhawkoholic »#AskJD, which mp game modes have party chat available?
    @JD_2020 » All except Search & Destroy presently. That's something we can change post-launch.

@TacInsertion »#CoDBlackOps #AskJD @jd_2020 can you change the enemies names in Combat Training
    @JD_2020 » Yep, you can set the Practice Dummies in Combat Training to use names from your Friends List =D.

@ShadowKnight104 » @JD_2020 What does the "Lens" option do in Create A Class #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » You can change your Lens tint color, like your Reticule color.

@koedyburkel » @JD_2020 What are the benefits of Prestiging? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » There are various benefits. Not sure which @DavidVonderhaar would like revealed just yet =).

@heartbraden »@JD_2020 #AskJD I'm guessing there are different difficulty levels for the AI in Combat Training. How hard is the hardest difficulty?
    @JD_2020 » Pretty difficult. "Veteran".

@thiefsrevenge » @JD_2020 #AskJD are there "strict" rules on how we can run our servers? ie no profanity,swearing, tubing?
    @JD_2020 » Absolutely, you will have the ability to set rules and enforce them in your PC Dedicated Servers.

@Gornoxx » @JD_2020 is there an alternative colour scheme in #CoDBlackOps? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Yes. Color Blind friendly nametags are supported in #CoDBlackOps.

@ripper998 » @JD_2020 can you have different gametypes in a map rotation on a dedicated server for the PC? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Unranked servers can be configured much more freely. Ranked servers you'll have to use preset Playlist-like configurations.

@Luke_Lillard » @JD_2020 does the story mode of #CoDBlackOps take place during the Vietnam war or the Cold War? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Both. Vietnam was part of the Cold War. But it's not a Vietnam game - it's a fictional story that takes place during Cold War.

@Frizkie8 » @JD_2020 I'm worried that shotguns won't be a viable combat tactic. Will they have reasonable damage? Do you think they're balanced? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » They'll be balanced, rest assured.

@HurrrDur » @JD_2020 Will the Combat Record track stats on every individual gun or just the player? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Every individual gun =). You can even compare your stats in-game against a Friend. It's the deepest Combat Record ever in COD.

@lNeverNight » @JD_2020 #AskJD Do your CODpoints reset when you prestige?
    @JD_2020 » Yes they do.

@KehJay »#AskJD how is the reporting system going to work?
    @JD_2020 » You select a player, view his Player Card, and click one of the options under the "Report Player" menu (Boosting, Cheating, etc).

@xboxGOD1312 » @JD_2020 Will you be able to get game currency in all game types or just in Wager Matches? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » You primarily get them in standard game matches. You then gamble them in Wager Matches. But you earn them like XP standard.

@sku96 » @JD_2020 #AskJD do u think the rc car is too early to achieve as a three kill streak?
    @JD_2020 » I do not.

@Blashemer » @JD_2020 If you get a double kill in Gun Game, what happens? Do you just have an extra kill, or do you go up two tiers? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » You do NOT advance two tiers. To advance to a tier, you MUST get a kill with the previous Tier's weapon.

@itsmillatyme »#AskJD @JD_2020 how many prestiges are there going to be? 10? 20? 100?
    @JD_2020 » 15.

@SuckaB » @JD_2020 Why does #CoDBlackOps look like #MW2 with different skins? was the engine rehashed? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Nope. It's a heavily modified / enhanced #CoDWaW engine.

@RaJeKaJe04 » @JD_2020 #AskJD how many frames per second are you guys running on the Xbox?
    @JD_2020 » 720p, 60 frames per second.

@NellZzzCFG »#AskJD Did you basically add stopping power to the guns? Like did you increase the weapon strength to compensate for no stopping power?
    @JD_2020 » No.

@maddenking1234 » @JD_2020 #AskJD Please will you confirm if the 4 zombie maps are from W@W, and will they be available for seperate purchase?
    @JD_2020 » The only way to get the #CoDWaW Zombies maps presently is to buy the Hardened or Prestige editions. I can't predict future.

@heartbraden » @JD_2020 #AskJD How in-depth will the online statistic tracker be?
    @JD_2020 » I can tell you the in-game Stats Tracking is the deepest in #CoDBlackOps it's ever been in Call of Duty.

@D_Sutt25 »#AskJD will the Ps3 have the player card feature as well?
    @JD_2020 » Absolutely.

@Llamaspajamas » @JD_2020 Will you answer any Zombies-related questions? Or have you been instructed otherwise? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Not instructed. It's always been our strategy to be as vague as possible regarding Zombies ;). That's part of the game!

@sku96 » @JD_2020 #AskJD what happens if people report people that hasnt done anything and what will be the punishments for cheating, boosting,modin?
    @JD_2020 » We review all reports before taking action. Theater mode makes that possible.

@CRotondi »#AskJD What's Hardened Pro?
    @JD_2020 » NOT Stopping Power (I know that's where you're going with that haha).

@thexxhawkxx » @JD_2020 will u be patching glitches regularly #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Absolutely. We put out over half a dozen patches for #CoDWaW. Rest assured we'll aggressively support #CoDBlackOps post-ship.

@AlineaShawn » @JD_2020 Does theater mode also record campaign? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Negative. It's a Multiplayer feature only.

@AlineaShawn » @JD_2020 Does theater mode also record campaign? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » But Capture Cards are quite affordable these days =).

@TommiBwei »#AskJD will you be able to upload your theatre mode clips to the internet??????
    @JD_2020 » Yes.

@tpgaubert » @JD_2020 How in-depth are private match settings? Examples? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Very in-depth... More to be revealed soon =).

@FiLMaN123 »#AskJD will u guys actually interact with the community throughout the game??
    @JD_2020 » Of course, I'd argue that I did just that with #CoDWaW =P.

@nkianD » @JD_2020 #AskJD will there be a True barebones playlist?
    @JD_2020 » Yes. *True* Barebones is in #CoDBlackOps.

@h0ckey10 » @JD_2020 #AskJD when you prestige, what is kept? mainly asking bout cp, guns, title, emblems, and stuff like facepaint. #CoDBlackOps
    @JD_2020 » Emblems.

@BlackOpsDX »#AskJD How long does it take for the bomb to blow (in search and destroy)
    @JD_2020 » Same as it's always been.

@xKNKYxKing »#AskJD Is it possible to be shot out of the Chopper Gunner?
    @JD_2020 » No, but it can be shot down like any other chopper.

@SideWinder_x » Are bolt action snipers one shot kill due to removal of stopping power ? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Not always. Upper Torso and Head will be, though. You still need to be a good shot with it.

@d4v1dw1r7h » @JD_2020 #AskJD do you earn XP in wager matches?
    @JD_2020 » No. You just exchange CP (top 3 positions get paid).

@Herbert_Gun » Will I still be able to quickscope? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » No. Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We're specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!

@AyyB_Fades »#AskJD is there still gonna be mellee for akimbo? I don't see how someone can shoot, shank& shoot as fast as someone with only one gun?
    @JD_2020 » Yes you can still melee when dual wielding.

@FrankKemp3 » @JD_2020 will theater mode work for zombies? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » No. But Capture Cards will work, and are much more affordable these days!

@MHabs3921 » @JD_2020 #AskJD scale of 1-10 how's quickscoping going to be
    @JD_2020 » 0.

@Blake_RFC_101 » @JD_2020 Have you Guys Fixed The Modded lobbys from what we saw from MW2???????????? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » We believe so. Either way, we'll stay on top of that crap and ensure it doesn't impede the masses.

@ShadowKnight104 » What happens if you are killed (on the ground) in a controllable killstreak like the Chopper Gunner or Gunship? Same as MW2? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » You continue to use said Killstreak, and respawn when it's done. After all, you did earn it.

@TacInsertion »#AskJD why is there not as much gore?
    @JD_2020 » In MP? Because we used the memory saved to make tons more customization options I think were more valuable than flying limbs.

@6FRGaming »#AskJD Are Ranked PC Servers forced to run MW2-style playlists like Ground War, Hardcore Moshpit, etc? Can you run a 24/7 Sabotage server??
    @JD_2020 » You can have a 24/7 Sabotage server. There are no playlists, just preset game mode configurations.

@xXKMac11Xx »#AskJD cam you gift CoDPoints to friends if there bad at the game?
    @JD_2020 » No, you have to earn your COD Points. There will be no boosting / hording of COD Points to one player =P.

@cflasche »#AskJD. What happens when you have a killsreak and you get another, will you be able to still use both of them???????????
    @JD_2020 » Yes, Killstreaks stack.

@DCarr76 »#AskJD In private matches can you controll who can join, because in mw2 it got annoying when people kept joining private matches...
    @JD_2020 » Yeah you can lock down your Private Matches just like your Party Lobbies.

@DerSizeS » @JD_2020 Can server use /record ?! #CoDBlackOps #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » A server? No.... A player playing on a server? Yes.

@ZombieHunter115 »#AskJD Will the kills from killstreak rewards still count toward your teams score on team deathmatch??
    @JD_2020 » Absolutely, they just won't count towards your next-higher Killstreak.

@cdkee »#AskJD Please tell me you're kidding about quickscoping... :P
    @JD_2020 » Nope. Quickscoping is way more annoying to a way larger group of people than the quickscoping community who loves to do it. #cheap

@joname14 » @JD_2020 #AskJD are the shotguns 1 shot kill close up?
    @JD_2020 » I suppose if all your rounds hit the right part of the body... If just one pellet hits one foot, probably not...

@brandonNaustin » @JD_2020 #AskJD is the PS3 version a port of the 360 or was there a specific Playstation team used to take advantage of PS3 horsepower?
    @JD_2020 » There is a specific PS3 team that makes that version of the game. It's not a "port" - that's just a myth in the community.

@DerSizeS » @JD_2020 /record only record demo for current player or all players on server? #CoDBlackOps #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » Just you, as always. But PC also has Theater mode, which will have all those features to watch from any perspective.

@marlow1994 »#AskJD Will Black Ops cause a mess in all 24 pairs of pants I own? Lmao
    @JD_2020 » At least 12 of them... Depending on how long your play sessions run ;).

@JD1010RU » @JD_2020 #AskJD How exactly did you “counter” quick scoping?
    @JD_2020 » When you first sight-in, your sights won't be perfectly center. You'll have to take a moment to adjust (like a real sniper).

@brandonNaustin » @JD_2020 #AskJD Can an RC car kill a dog?
    @JD_2020 » Yes.

@DjRaphLv »#AskJD how long did it take you to create Call Of Duty: Black Ops?
    @JD_2020 » 2 year development cycle.

@gromcracker »#AskJD are vehicles in multiplayer?
    @JD_2020 » Not like Tanks in #CoDWaW, but yes there are controllable vehicles - i.e. Gunship, RC-XD (they are Killstreaks).

@AlexGomez916 » @JD_2020 #AskJD Are the dogs gonna kill in one hit?
    @JD_2020 » Yes, one bite is all it takes.

@JakeMertz » @JD_2020 The good quickscopers can sniper while using marathon so... you are not stopping us. you know that right? #AskJD
    @JD_2020 » ... Not sure what that has to do with anything =P.

@mattymcgregor14 »#AskJD @JD_2020 People enjoy Double XP weekends. Are we going to see something like Double COD Points weekends????????
    @JD_2020 » Perhaps. Only time will tell!

@SoldierBoy321 »#AskJD is there stooping power in Black Ops?
    @JD_2020 » No Stopping Power, No Juggernaut, No Deathstreaks in #CoDBlackOps.

@joahmassey »#AskJD are there any good sniper rifles that can be used to quikscope?!?!!
    @JD_2020 » No sniper rifles will be useful for Quickscoping.

@d4v1dw1r7h »#AskJD Wager Matches-can you choose which game type, or is it a random one out of the 4 types?
    @JD_2020 » Depends on which playlist you choose. You will be able to pick a specific type to play if you want to, though.

@DCarr76 »#AskJD are there any advantages to prestiging?
    @JD_2020 » Of course =). But that's classified.

@Rayomond »#CoDBlackOps #AskJD @JD_2020 Is Call of duty black op going to have 4 player offline split screen multiplayer..like the previous cod games?
    @JD_2020 » 4-player, Offline split-screen will be supported in #CoDBlackOps, as in previous titles.

The one I dislike is this one;
    @joahmassey »#AskJD are there any good sniper rifles that can be used to quikscope?!?!!
    @JD_2020 » No sniper rifles will be useful for Quickscoping.
    So, enjoy
    -VenoM

Created By ; t3can

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Great read, can't believe I read it all. Happy with the quickscoping, and I hope I can test out some maps in a few days, as in MW2 you couldn't get in a MP Game solo while being banned

Check out my new topic : Medal of Honor 2010 Retail ESP / Wallhack Here

Add me :
    On MSN
    Koenschouten@hotmail.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Happy with the quickscoping,
    I was just gonna comment on that.
    Why the hell are you happy about quickscoping???
    Quickscoping on PC takes skill.

How the FUCK can they punish skilled players by making quickscoping impossible?? Yet noobtubes and shit like that is still there.

I'd rather have them disable noobtubes than quickscoping.

I challenge anyone who's saying quickscoping is cheap, to upload a video of them pwning with only quickscoping!
    that's right, you probably can't, which proves two things:
    1. It's not cheap or OP at all, it takes skill.
    2 Those saying quickscoping is cheap/OP are most likely those who don't know how to do it.

Click on the banners to take a look at my mods.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekokeen View Post
    I was just gonna comment on that.
    Why the hell are you happy about quickscoping???
    Quickscoping on PC takes skill.

How the FUCK can they punish skilled players by making quickscoping impossible?? Yet noobtubes and shit like that is still there.

I'd rather have them disable noobtubes than quickscoping.

I challenge anyone who's saying quickscoping is cheap, to upload a video of them pwning with only quickscoping!
    that's right, you probably can't, which proves two things:
    1. It's not cheap or OP at all, it takes skill.
    2 Those saying quickscoping is cheap/OP are most likely those who don't know how to do it.
    Indeed. Quickscoping needs training and even then it's not easy as using stupid Assault rifles and noobtubes. That was stupid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thanks for making sure I typed what I did!

Add me :
    On MSN
    Koenschouten@hotmail.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    lol ?
    /short

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    yay...looks like this game aint gonna be so bad after all
    RESPECT LIST

REECIBOI<--------BEST MATE ON MPGH?
    ROXAS<--------IS HE DEAD?
    WOLF<-------- JEALOUS LIL C*** HE IS
    SHAUNC<--------FORCED ME TO PUT HIM HERE HE'LL JUST RAPE ME AGAIN
    TOXIN<-------- ALWAYS USED TO WATCH MA BACK BRAH, I FINK YEW DEAD NOW
    INSOMNIAC<--------HE'S TEH SHIT /

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stubz View Post
    yay...looks like this game aint gonna be so bad after all
    Indeed.. I guess it will be fun!

Created By ; t3can

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by aagibcheat View Post
    Indeed.. I guess it will be fun!
    It will be. Until it gets boring enough to wait for the next COD game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    well if we can get custom nazi zombie maps, we might just be entertained enough. and by the way, what WOULD the next cod game be. won't be mw3

Add me :
    On MSN
    Koenschouten@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    well if we can get custom nazi zombie maps, we might just be entertained enough. and by the way, what WOULD the next cod game be. won't be mw3
    WILL there be a new COD anyways?
    Btw, you gonne release BO for xbox?

Created By ; t3can

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Um the game will be around 8 Gigs, and I'm not allowed to upload on a different host than MPGH's host lol. No outside links either .
    You do need a flashed drive, you know that right?

Add me :
    On MSN
    Koenschouten@hotmail.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    This is going to be awesome b/c of the nukes being gone.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Call of Duty 8: Legends at War.. LOL DD Black Ops will be amazing I'm sad to see quickscoping going! Will look forward to Combat Training though!