21 55.26%
  • Infidel

17 44.74%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtog View Post
    I know this is a very old post but feeling the need to reply.

Acording to the Bible you can marry an UNLIMITED number of wives, it's the CHURCH who has said that marrying 1 is preferable.
    The Quran is the ONLY religious scripture that says: Marry only 1. Acording to Islamic law marrying 4 wives and fulfilling the circumstances is allowed, but Quran is the ONLY religious scripture which says: Marry only 1..
    Quote New Testament, or don't start shit.

Islamic law is not based off the quran, really now?
    ------------------------------

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    I know this is a very old post but feeling the need to reply.

Acording to the Bible you can marry an UNLIMITED number of wives, it's the CHURCH who has said that marrying 1 is preferable.
    The Quran is the ONLY religious scripture that says: Marry only 1. Acording to Islamic law marrying 4 wives and fulfilling the circumstances is allowed, but Quran is the ONLY religious scripture which says: Marry only 1..
    according to your brain,your brain works perfectly.
    but in reality,you have a brain failure.
    W-T-F???????????????????
    I'll keep it simple.
    gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

In the New Testament there isn't any limit given to the number of wives whom one can marry. If you read the Bible, Abraham had 3 wives, Solomon had 700 wives.
    1 Kings 11:3 "And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart."
    Nowhere in the bible is a limit given to the number of wives you can marry.
    Islamic law I don't know everything about, I'm not a Muslim for that long of a time I don't understand and know everything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    according to your brain,your brain works perfectly.
    but in reality,you have a brain failure.
    W-T-F???????????????????
    I'll keep it simple.
    gtfo.
    I'll keep it even simpler: Your reaction isn't hurting me yet it is hurting yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Show me in the Quran where it teaches that girls shouldn't work. girls whouldn't go to school. bring me this.

Not a challenge because i know you wont find it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    In the New Testament there isn't any limit given to the number of wives whom one can marry. If you read the Bible, Abraham had 3 wives, Solomon had 700 wives.
    1 Kings 11:3 "And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart."
    Islamic law I don't know everything about, I'm not a Muslim for that long of a time I don't understand and know everything yet.
    [IMG]https://i334.photobucke*****m/albums/m414/sjwho2/Akumetsu/failedagain.png[/IMG]

Thought so. You use the OT because you know you don't have shit, and you just say "well it doesn't say they can't" for the NT.
    -Your missing the part in modern practice too, christians don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    Show me in the Quran where it teaches that girls shouldn't work. girls whouldn't go to school. bring me this.

Not a challenge because i know you wont find it
    Hey visible, no one mentioned any of this in any thread.

Show me the part where aliens don't exist in the quran, because i know you won't find it.

The exact same situation, owned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I'll keep it even simpler: Your reaction isn't hurting me yet it is hurting yourself.
    “Each man [should] have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband” (1 Cor. 7:2).

Mark 10:6-8:"But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.

The two as one is the pattern on how marriage was to be conducted from the start. NOT three or four as one.

(OT explanation for Polygamy.)
    God never condoned polygamy but like divorce he allowed it to occur and did not bring an immediate punishment for this disobedience. Deut. 17:14-17: “I will set a king over me like all the nations that are around me,' “you shall surely set a king over you whom the LORD your God chooses; one from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner over you, who is not your brother. But he shall not multiply horses for himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt to multiply horses, for the LORD has said to you, 'You shall not return that way again.' “Neither shall he multiply wives for himself, lest his heart turn away; nor shall he greatly multiply silver and gold for himself.” This is the command of God, and he has never changed it.

Thanks
    [IMG]https://i334.photobucke*****m/albums/m414/sjwho2/Akumetsu/failedagain.png[/IMG]

Thought so. You use the OT because you know you don't have shit, and you just say "well it doesn't say they can't" for the NT.

Show me the part where aliens don't exist in the quran, because i know you won't find it.

I wasn't talking about modern practice but about the laws in the scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    “Each man [should] have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband” (1 Cor. 7:2).

Mark 10:6-8:"But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.

The two as one is the pattern on how marriage was to be conducted from the start. NOT three or four as one.

(OT explanation for Polygamy.)
    God never condoned polygamy but like divorce he allowed it to occur and did not bring an immediate punishment for this disobedience. Deut. 17:14-17: “I will set a king over me like all the nations that are around me,' “you shall surely set a king over you whom the LORD your God chooses; one from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner over you, who is not your brother. But he shall not multiply horses for himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt to multiply horses, for the LORD has said to you, 'You shall not return that way again.' “Neither shall he multiply wives for himself, lest his heart turn away; nor shall he greatly multiply silver and gold for himself.” This is the command of God, and he has never changed it.
    Nice, that are some good facts.

Exodus 21:10. "a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry."

2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3 King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons...."

The Exodus displays the unlimited amount whom you can marry.

And I am not speaking about modern practice, I am speaking about what is allowed according to the scriptures.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Ahh as we believe there are Jinns, a.k.a aliens. but are unseen by the human eye.

Define alien: "QOUTE HERE"

Ok, now tell me 1 person who has seen an alien WITH proof. but many believe there are aliens.

Exodus 21:10. "a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry."

2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3 King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons...."

And I am not speaking about modern practice, I am speaking about what is allowed according to the scriptures.
    How much wifes did solomon have ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    Ahh as we believe there are Jinns, a.k.a aliens. but are unseen by the human eye.

Define alien: "QOUTE HERE"

Ok, now tell me 1 person who has seen an alien WITH proof. but many believe there are aliens.
    So in the quran, aliens exist, i'm a superhero, and your an idiot.

Because if it doesn't say so, its ok. :/ stupid logic is stupid.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Jwtog is using the OT, but then failing.

Exodus 21:10
    "If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights."
    -the exodus isn't quoted right. Failure is optimal.

Basically jwtog, you fail in realizing that muslims STILL do this, while christians don't. Which is the whole reason for the debate.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Oh and ethereal proved you wrong in the NT AHAHAHAHAHAH FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

"If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights."

Basically jwtog, you fail in realizing that muslims STILL do this, while christians don't. Which is the whole reason for the debate.
    Oh and ethereal proved you wrong in the NT AHAHAHAHAHAH FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL>

mHM We all love you to bro, ethereal has more respect than running around "you got ownd" bla bla.. as for you...typical, love you

Thanks
    14. The Messenger predicted the discovery of petroleum in Iran

In another narration, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, predicted that petroleum would be discovered in Taleqan, saying:

Good tidings to Taleqan, for there are God’s treasuries there, but not of gold and silver.

In the past, people meant by ‘treasury’ gold and silver. For this reason, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, emphasized that the treasuries which would be discovered in Taleqan would not be those of gold and silver. What comes to mind first today when told of a treasury which is not of gold and silver is petroleum. However, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, might also have implied resources of uranium or diamond. In which case, the Prophetic prediction has, again, come true because those resources have already been discovered in and around Taleqan.
    A prediction by Prophet Muhammad S.A.W

Thanks

Actually I got that quote from a Christian forum so I assumed it was correct. And it's not about proving right or wrong it's about coming into terms. But still, it says he can marry another woman and again NO LIMIT is given.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Ok..you keep quoting OT.

A very important point to remember is that not everything recorded in the Bible is approved in the Bible. Consider where polygamy originated — first in the line of the murderer Cain, not the godly line of Seth. The first recorded polygamist was the murderer Lamech (Gen. 4:23–24). Then Esau, who despised his birthright, also caused much grief to his parents by marrying two pagan wives (Gen. 26:34).

God also forbade the kings of Israel to be polygamous (Deut. 17:17). Look at the trouble when they disobeyed, including deadly sibling rivalry between David’s sons from his different wives; and Solomon’s hundreds of wives helped lead Solomon to idolatry (1 Kings 11:1–3). Also, Hannah, Samuel’s mother, was humiliated by her husband Elkanah’s other wife Peninnah (1 Sam. 1:1–7).

God Allowed these things to Harden hearts of great men Like Solomon and King David, it was a test..and yes at one time they failed..but they eventually learned..

Look right at the ten commandments..

You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife <---- No plural there right?

Also..these lessons to old Kings..though they were great
    you have to understand that what modern day Christians follow
    are the Teachings of Christ, which were directly given by the father..
    simple as that. The Antiquity of the OT is great, and there are excellent lessons in it, but in order to apply God's will correctly,
    we do not use OT applications anymore. (Besides the commandments which Christ kept)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Ok..you keep quoting OT.

A very important point to remember is that not everything recorded in the Bible is approved in the Bible. Consider where polygamy originated — first in the line of the murderer Cain, not the godly line of Seth. The first recorded polygamist was the murderer Lamech (Gen. 4:23–24). Then Esau, who despised his birthright, also caused much grief to his parents by marrying two pagan wives (Gen. 26:34).

God also forbade the kings of Israel to be polygamous (Deut. 17:17). Look at the trouble when they disobeyed, including deadly sibling rivalry between David’s sons from his different wives; and Solomon’s hundreds of wives helped lead Solomon to idolatry (1 Kings 11:1–3). Also, Hannah, Samuel’s mother, was humiliated by her husband Elkanah’s other wife Peninnah (1 Sam. 1:1–7).

God Allowed these things to Harden hearts of great men Like Solomon and King David, it was a test..and yes at one time they failed..but they eventually learned..

Look right at the ten commandments..

You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife <---- No plural there right?

Also..these lessons to old Kings..though they were great
    you have to understand that what modern day Christians follow
    are the Teachings of Christ, which were directly given by the father..
    simple as that. The Antiquity of the OT is great, and there are excellent lessons in it, but in order to apply God's will correctly,
    we do not use OT applications anymore. (Besides the commandments which Christ kept)
    Didn't Christ keep ALL the commandments, even the least?

17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
    18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
    19"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    20"For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

So you should still follow the OT or am I wrong?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Actually I got that quote from a Christian forum so I assumed it was correct. And it's not about proving right or wrong it's about coming into terms. But still, it says he can marry another woman and again NO LIMIT is given.
    Lol, i dont want to start qouting out of the bible, i know if i did id roast EMPIRE so bad.

But it will offend others so ill step back

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast