Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Post Nexon Security/Guide

Other category

Attention Players:

Due to a Vendor system connection issue, certain Nexon Game Cards are not correctly redeeming NX to their holder's accounts. Should you receive this error, please hold on to your game card. The card has not been invalidated and still holds the correct amount of NX. Once the error has been repaired, you may redeem your Nexon Game Cards as normal.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

-- Nexon America --

Nexon Security Guidelines

Your password should be complicated but memorable.
    A password can be any combination of words and numbers that you want, as it is your account key. It should never be easy to guess. Of course, forgetting a password is just as big a problem, so you should create something that is memorable and unique to you. Some tips on how to create a good password are below:
    Nexon employees will NEVER ask for your password in the game or in an email.
    If they claim to be working for Nexon and ask you for your information, please report to us and block that person (describe method used for Audition or link to it).
    Trust nothing and no one.
    Some people try and impersonate Nexon personnel. Please use common sense and ask yourself if what they are asking for you to do might jeopardize your account.
    Watch out for scams.
    Please keep in mind that all scams are based on gaining information needed to steal an account. Always stay alert and do not get tricked into providing your personal information.
    Never download illegal software.
    These programs usually come bundled with viruses or key loggers that will put your account and information in jeopardy. Make sure that they are from a reliable source and always check for viruses and key loggers.
    Nexon recommends using anti-virus and anti-spy ware software.
    These programs will block most malicious threats from being installed on your computer. Please note that anti-virus and anti-spy ware software are two different things and that you'll need both to protect your computer.
    Update your software.
    Internet browsers and vaccine programs are constantly updated to accommodate for the increasing types of viruses or scams. You should keep your software updated in order to protect your account from the newest hacks/viruses.
    Do not use other computers.
    Playing on someone else's computer (i.e. internet cafe drastically increases the chances of getting hacked. If you must play somewhere else, please make sure that the computer you're using is safe from getting hacked. Furthermore, do not leave any traces of your information.
    Report to customer service.
    Do you suspect someone of trying to steal your information or account? Please try to take the following measurements before contacting Nexon customer service.
    1)Change Password as mentioned in Commandment #1.
    2)Run Virus Scan
    Help us help you.
    Please take care of your account as when a user gives away his/her information or gets hacked, our team will do what we can, but in the end, it your responsibility. We assure you that we will do everything in our part to protect your information, and we recommend you do the same.

Password/Personal Info

All of your account information is confidential and a Nexon employee will ask you for your ID or Password. Please remember that another person gaining access to account details other than your ID and password could be just as effective as having your password; and possibly more damaging.

When retrieving or changing account password using a web located at nexon.net, submit the last name, date of birth, and answer to secret question 2. The email used to register the account will be needed to verify your account. Therefore, submit this information to nexon.net and never anywhere else. We do not use any other sites for verification programs of any sort.

This information should be something you can remember, but hard to guess. We do not recommend writing it down, but if you do, please keep it in a secure place.

A hacker/scam artist can work his/her way into your account by gaining one piece of information at a time, so please be careful not to let any of your information slip. For example, do not give your email address to a friend who wants to write to you while in-game. Furthermore, there is no need for anyone to access account ID. It is needless to say, protect your account details at all costs. Your character name should be different from your password, ID, or email address.
    Choosing you're password

What is a good password?
    A password can be any combination of letters and numbers you want that will act as a key to your account. It should never be easy to guess, nor difficult to remember should you forget it. Here are some tips on how to create a good password.

Use a lengthy combination of letter and numbers and never make it short.
    You can drastically reduce the chances of someone guessing your password by mixing letters and numbers. For example, if you want to use "leetmage" as your password, try changing it to "1337M493."

Do not use personal information as your password.
    Your password should never be your name, ID, character name, birthday, or any form of personal information.

Do not use simple words or numbers.
    Your password should not be a word from a dictionary or a simple sequence of numbers such as "apple" , "11111" , "123456" .

Make it memorable.
    Forgetting your password means losing access to your account. There are methods of retrieving or changing your password using our account verification services. however, this takes away your time from the game. We suggest a password easy to remember ? possibly even writing it down and storing it in a secure place if you need to.
    Password/Info. Scams

Scams
    All scams are based on gaining information needed to steal an account. So, keep the following in mind as you might not be even aware of an attempt to gain your information:

Scam Emails
    An email by someone claiming to be from Nexon America might mention or threaten users that his/her account has been suspended, then ask the user to open the attached file. The attached file is usually a VIRUS or a key logger, so do not open any files that come with your emails. They may also ask for personal information ? like other cases, never give out your information.

Nexon Staff
    A Nexon Staff will NEVER ask you for your account details. If someone threatens to hack you or ban you, just report them.

Social Engineering
    Hackers or scammer do not need to be tech-savvy. They can use something called "social engineering" which is basically a method in gaining access to needed information from a person using non-technical tricks. Remember, giving out seemingly harmless information (such as your email address, name, secret question, date of birth are all vital information in claiming ownership) can seriously jeopardize your account.
    Spyware/Keyloggers

What is a kelogger?
    A key logger (a.k.a keystroke logger) is a program that allows a person to secretly track all activities of your computer and automatically send logs through e-mail or FTP. Activity logs include sent mail, websites visited, file operations, keystrokes, usernames, passwords, online conversations, screen shots and etc. In most cases, logs are sent at set intervals.

How can I get keylogged?
    Spy ware and keystroke loggers are usually downloaded as a side affect of user action (opening an attachment/downloading a hack). Therefore, the safest way would be not downloading any suspicious files. Furthermore, you should regularly scan your computer for viruses or spy ware.

Do not open any suspicious files or videos from anyone. Do not enter your username and password on any suspicious websites. Please be reminded that we do not have any responsibility if you ' ve lost your account and password through your actions. It is your responsibility to keep your account and password safe.

Remember, firewalls and antivirus software will not detect key logging activities, but certain spy ware programs will.

Am I being keylogged?
    If your computer has been acting strangely, you should scan for viruses/key loggers. If strange pop-ups show up, your browser homepage has been changed, or if your computer seems to be running slower than usual, your computer might be infected. Please download or purchase the latest anti-virus and anti-spy ware programs and run a scan.

Playing somewhere else
    There will be times that a user might want to play on a computer other than the one that he/she usually plays on. This might be a friend ' s computer or a computer at an internet caf e . However, playing on a different computer increases the chance of getting key logged. Make absolutely sure that there are no spy ware programs (key loggers) installed, and leave NO traces of any of your information. Log off safely from whatever services you have used, and do not leave your ID or password on that computer. Needless to say, you must check to see if the computer is safe to use before you perform any actions.
    Friends/Family

Here are what could have happened.

1) Yes, he is a real friend.
    Your friend didn ' t steal the items? He just wanted to try out a hack. Sometimes your friend might not be aware of the possible dangers of hacks/scams, so it ' s best not to let them play on your account. This goes the same for your family members. An unsuspecting sibling might unknowingly pass out information. Furthermore, sharing accounts is against the Terms of Service.

2) He was not a friend.
    Your friend, in fact, turn out to be someone just trying to get your information. Some Tips about Sharing Accounts Don ' t share accounts.
    Don ' t even log in for your friends or family.
    Do not attempt to buy/sell accounts, as they might get hacked.
    Besides, sharing accounts is against the TOS, so don ' t share accounts.

nexon.net
    Last edited by AVGN; 11-02-2010 at 06:33 PM.

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/Sig/mpghm.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/Sig/mpgha.gif[/IMG]

Use My Free VIP Hacks!

Here Are My Free VIP Hacks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to -InFinity For This Useful Post:

Rock Band (11-02-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    C&P ftw.

And, this stuff is common sense mostly

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSTY View Post
    C&P ftw.

And, this stuff is common sense mostly
    This is a guide so choobs can learn how to take care of theyself.

Use My Free VIP Hacks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Im-Yo-Daddy View Post

This is a guide so choobs can learn how to take care of theyself.
    You're generalizing an entire group of people saying they are all stupid/ignorant

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CRUSTY For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (11-02-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    -.- to much to read
    "If You Liked Seeing Lil Wayne With Rainbow Smoke Thank Me xD"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/members/645501-ugodly.html
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    too much reading i guess everyone know that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Small i cant read it lol
    Thanks me if i help you :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSTY View Post

You're generalizing an entire group of people saying they are all stupid/ignorant

Well if you're that arrogant, the new peaople to nexon read this so you can be a good player /

Use My Free VIP Hacks!

Thanks
    your font is killing me

oh wait..

thats better

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post
    your font is killing me

oh wait..

thats better
    Lmao i love this guy no homo
    "If You Liked Seeing Lil Wayne With Rainbow Smoke Thank Me xD"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post
    your font is killing me

oh wait..

thats better
    Nice font

/changed

Use My Free VIP Hacks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by hackers.r.losers View Post
    STOP FUCKING HACKING, LOSERS!! After work all I want to do is play some Combat Arms and relax. I get a good game going and some asshole starts OPK'ing. I kick him with my Elite moderator status, ( that I paid for with real money) and the fucker crashes the game. Wasting my time and money, while ruining any fun I was having. You guys only think of yourselves when you decide to be pathetic cheaters. Selfish fucks. And to the programmers of these hacks, why don't you put your talents to good use, instead of stooping this low. You are obviously intelligent enough to bypass Nexon's anti-hackware, but you spend your time wasting other people's time and money. Stop fucking with other people and ruining their games, you fucking scum...
    Banned. /

Use My Free VIP Hacks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nice guide

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by hackers.r.losers.2 View Post
    STOP FUCKING HACKING, LOSERS!! After work all I want to do is play some Combat Arms and relax. I get a good game going and some asshole starts OPK'ing. I kick him with my Elite moderator status, ( that I paid for with real money) and the fucker crashes the game. Wasting my time and money, while ruining any fun I was having. You guys only think of yourselves when you decide to be pathetic cheaters. Selfish fucks. And to the programmers of these hacks, why don't you put your talents to good use, instead of stooping this low. You are obviously intelligent enough to bypass Nexon's anti-hackware, but you spend your time wasting other people's time and money. Stop fucking with other people and ruining their games, you fucking scum...
    Nigga stop copy/paste

This is a guide not a hack.

Use My Free VIP Hacks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    i Don't have post to lose with this noob so you're going directly to an IP ban.

Use My Free VIP Hacks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast