Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

[INFO] How to correctly post hacks/mods for Black Ops

Before I begin, please take note:
    I understand that this guide has been made before for other gaming sections, such as the Modern Warfare 2 section. The reason that I have rewritten this guide for the Call of Duty: Black Ops section is that I am implying the fact that users will be new to MPGH, simply for Black Ops. This means that they most likely will come straight here, and not take notice of this guide which is posted on the other sections. This guide is for helpful and learning purposes only, please do not flame me for making such a guide. Now onto the guide....

--Screenshots or Video--

Before posting any hacks/mods into this section, you must first have taken a video, or a minimum of two screenshots of the actual mod. This is mainly so that we can see whether or not if it's worth out time to download, and secondly, to make sure that you're not giving us the download link to something else.
    NOTE: Depending on what you are posting, screenshots/videos are not necessary. An example of this would be if you are posting something that has already been posted in a previous thread(not sure why you'd do that), you wouldn't be required to include screenshots or a video.

--Virus Scans--

The next step that MUST be fulfilled for every single thing that you upload, is including two virus scans. The virus scans are for the minions, to let them know if the file is user-safe to approve. Two virus scans must be present, and must both be for the same upload. Three good and popular virus scanning sites inclued:

Virus Total
    VirScan
    Jotti Virus Scan

--Posting the file--

The third step that is quite obviously needed when uploading a mod/hack, is simply uploading it! To do this, start a new thread and write a little to give us users an idea of what the mod's about, so we know whether or not we want to get it. Once you are done writing a briefing of the mod, and have completed steps 1 and 2, you know you're ready to upload.
    Begin by scrolling to the bottom of the new post page, and click on the button which matches the one outlined in red in the above photo. You will then be taken to a window which you will use to select the file you wish to upload. Do this by clicking Choose File, and then navigate to the proper folder. Then double click the file, and back in the window, click Upload. Wait for the file to upload, and you may close this window.
    NOTE: All mods/hacks MUST be uploaded through MPGH and not through an outside source. The only exception for posting through outside sources is if you have a file which exceeds the file size limit the MPGH uses. If this is the case, you must OK it with a MPGH staff member before choosing to take this option.

--Getting it approved--
    Now that you have finished posting your mod/hack, it is time to become a little patient. You're file will be unaccessible for everyone except the MPGH Staff. During this time, minions are looking over the file/virus scans to make sure that you're aren't posting something that could be rule breaking. They are also making sure that you have completed all the steps as stated above throughout your post. Once this process is complete, a minion will approve your file, which will allow for everyone to be able to access the file.
    NOTE: Please, please be patient during this time. MPGH's minions are often quite busy and they will get around to looking over your post when they get a chance. Also, please don't post on your threads asking for a minion to approve if it, for that will likely cause the minion to disregard your file.
    --Please note--
    When posting a file, do not "bump" the file to get attention towards it. No one appreciates you doing this and it will only decrease the amount of attention that you get.
    When posting a file, please make sure that you are posting it in the correct section. (Currently there aren't any sections of the Black Ops area, but once the game is released, more and more sections will be added as necessary.)
    Abiding by these rules will allow for a better gaming community, so please try your best not to break them!
    --
    "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Spiritwo |

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spiritwo For This Useful Post:

GBot! (11-04-2010),handford (11-03-2010),rodolfgonzales4 (11-13-2010),Styla-Jempo (11-05-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritwo View Post
    Before I begin, please take note:
    I understand that this guide has been made before for other gaming sections, such as the Modern Warfare 2 section. The reason that I have rewritten this guide for the Call of Duty: Black Ops section is that I am implying the fact that users will be new to MPGH, simply for Black Ops. This means that they most likely will come straight here, and not take notice of this guide which is posted on the other sections. This guide is for helpful and learning purposes only, please do not flame me for making such a guide. Now onto the guide....

--Screenshots or Video--

Before posting any hacks/mods into this section, you must first have taken a video, or a minimum of two screenshots of the actual mod. This is mainly so that we can see whether or not if it's worth out time to download, and secondly, to make sure that you're not giving us the download link to something else.
    NOTE: Depending on what you are posting, screenshots/videos are not necessary. An example of this would be if you are posting something that has already been posted in a previous thread(not sure why you'd do that), you wouldn't be required to include screenshots or a video.

--Virus Scans--

The next step that MUST be fulfilled for every single thing that you upload, is including two virus scans. The virus scans are for the minions, to let them know if the file is user-safe to approve. Two virus scans must be present, and must both be for the same upload. Three good and popular virus scanning sites inclued:

Virus Total
    VirScan
    Jotti Virus Scan

--Posting the file--

The third step that is quite obviously needed when uploading a mod/hack, is simply uploading it! To do this, start a new thread and write a little to give us users an idea of what the mod's about, so we know whether or not we want to get it. Once you are done writing a briefing of the mod, and have completed steps 1 and 2, you know you're ready to upload.
    Begin by scrolling to the bottom of the new post page, and click on the button which matches the one outlined in red in the above photo. You will then be taken to a window which you will use to select the file you wish to upload. Do this by clicking Choose File, and then navigate to the proper folder. Then double click the file, and back in the window, click Upload. Wait for the file to upload, and you may close this window.
    NOTE: All mods/hacks MUST be uploaded through MPGH and not through an outside source. The only exception for posting through outside sources is if you have a file which exceeds the file size limit the MPGH uses. If this is the case, you must OK it with a MPGH staff member before choosing to take this option.

--Getting it approved--
    Now that you have finished posting your mod/hack, it is time to become a little patient. You're file will be unaccessible for everyone except the MPGH Staff. During this time, minions are looking over the file/virus scans to make sure that you're aren't posting something that could be rule breaking. They are also making sure that you have completed all the steps as stated above throughout your post. Once this process is complete, a minion will approve your file, which will allow for everyone to be able to access the file.
    NOTE: Please, please be patient during this time. MPGH's minions are often quite busy and they will get around to looking over your post when they get a chance. Also, please don't post on your threads asking for a minion to approve if it, for that will likely cause the minion to disregard your file.
    --Please note--
    When posting a file, do not "bump" the file to get attention towards it. No one appreciates you doing this and it will only decrease the amount of attention that you get.
    When posting a file, please make sure that you are posting it in the correct section. (Currently there aren't any sections of the Black Ops area, but once the game is released, more and more sections will be added as necessary.)
    Abiding by these rules will allow for a better gaming community, so please try your best not to break them!
    Good job on this. I cba to do it, good for noobs and ******s crying, "Why can't i download", "How do i put it on MPGH".

Thanked.
    Mods for Combat Arms!

My internet does suck.
    ^^Mine.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handford For This Useful Post:

Flossenwurst (11-06-2010),ThrowTheCat (11-06-2010)

Thanks
    This is general information that is posted in every forum, and is just part of the over all rules. No real need for another thread like this.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    This is general information that is posted in every forum, and is just part of the over all rules. No real need for another thread like this.
    My thoughts exactly but it helps some people so meh.
    Mods for Combat Arms!

My internet does suck.
    ^^Mine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by handford View Post
    My thoughts exactly but it helps some people so meh.
    Hence the top part of the post.
    --

Spiritwo |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    And I think most of them will have visited the MW2 section or they won't be that dumb, but as I said, "will help noobs"
    Mods for Combat Arms!

My internet does suck.
    ^^Mine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    And I think most of them will have visited the MW2 section or they won't be that dumb, but as I said, "will help noobs"
    most precisely
    --

Spiritwo |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    most precisely
    Sorry, i didn't read the first bit Only the last bits ha. What platform you getting it on?..
    Mods for Combat Arms!

My internet does suck.
    ^^Mine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Sorry, i didn't read the first bit Only the last bits ha. What platform you getting it on?..
    PC, don't have consoles /
    --

Spiritwo |

Thanks
    Uhm i doubt any n00b will read all this but good job on creating this altho the normal howto posts hacks will be a lot simpler for the chewbs lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Nor do i, but i got pissed at the amount of lag on my pc so im gunna get an xbox
    Mods for Combat Arms!

My internet does suck.
    ^^Mine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    lol, me to. /
    I want an X360 but no money.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by zujca View Post
    lol, me to. /
    I want an X360 but no money.
    Ask your parents or say you want an early Christmas present?
    Mods for Combat Arms!

My internet does suck.
    ^^Mine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Ask your parents or say you want an early Christmas present?
    But I like FPS more on the PC.
    Can you use a mouse/keyboard on X360?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by zujca View Post
    But I like FPS more on the PC.
    Can you use a mouse/keyboard on X360?
    Ummm.. I haven't a clue!! If you could, I would be very good at it It's just I lag alot on my laptop
    Mods for Combat Arms!

My internet does suck.
    ^^Mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast