Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

@ F-U-All - (and some other assessments) I will have to disagree, to an extent.

Leaning any language is a life long experience. C++ is no different, you will never know eveything, you can understand the syntax, you can solve problems and basic logic, you can develop fully functional applications, doesn't mean you "Know" the language. Frameworks change, constants change, etc. etc., just keep up with it when you are comfortable.

Learning the language itself takes as long as you want it to, if your intellectual enough with a good grasp on logic (the overall fundamental of development) then you can probably learn what you need to learn to be proficient in a few months, if your lazy and look for the easiest way to learn, and C&P as much as possible to save you time and the need to learn something that looks difficult, then you will never learn.

Best way to learn anything, is to get knee deep in it.

Wanna learn a language, Start by reading some basic books , understand syntax structures and how the language effects a developed application .

Then once you feel comfortable, start building a application on you own, something you need, something that will help you with a tedious task, the thrill of that application coming together and seeing the application becoming functional will either bore you or motivate you, if it bores you, quit, if you get excited, learn from it and move forward.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

confict (11-10-2010),Hell_Demon (11-10-2010),whit (11-09-2010),why06 (11-09-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post

@ F-U-All - (and some other assessments) I will have to disagree, to an extent.

Leaning any language is a life long experience. C++ is no different, you will never know eveything, you can understand the syntax, you can solve problems and basic logic, you can develop fully functional applications, doesn't mean you "Know" the language. Frameworks change, constants change, etc. etc., just keep up with it when you are comfortable.

Learning the language itself takes as long as you want it to, if your intellectual enough with a good grasp on logic (the overall fundamental of development) then you can probably learn what you need to learn to be proficient in a few months, if your lazy and look for the easiest way to learn, and C&P as much as possible to save you time and the need to learn something that looks difficult, then you will never learn.

Wanna learn a language, Start by reading some basic books , understand syntax structures and how the language effects a developed application .

Then once you feel comfortable, start building a application on you own, something you need, something that will help you with a tedious task, the thrill of that application coming together and seeing the application becoming functional will either bore you or motivate you, if it bores you, quit, if you get excited, learn from it and move forward.
    I know all 2 million english words, all grammar, sentence stucture, etc. English is a language after all !!

未来が見えなくて怖いから
    未来が見えてしまって悲しいから
    目を閉じて優しい思い出に浸ってしまう

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Troll is Troll, Obviously we are discussing a Programming language, which has no direct relation to a spoken language.

and I don't believe for one second you know and can define all of the English language, some of the most brilliant men/women in the world have a huge vocabulary and still do now know every word in the English language.

Some words don't even exist in most dictionaries as the word is a collaboration of many words to form a meaning , words like.

antidisestablishmentarianism, (in most dictionaries) , You will have to break down the words, Anti - Disestablishment - Tarianism .

antidisestablishmentarianism existed in no dictionaries until rather recently.

My point in all that, is, Stop trolling, we all like you (I think) but your not helping the OP with your trivial attempt at trolling

Last edited by NextGen1; 11-09-2010 at 04:33 PM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (11-10-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    NextGen1 made us some trolljuice! /enjoy
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (11-10-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    you'll never be finished with learning but to get basic skills (not what most people understand under "Basic")
    But what I understand under Basic you should code different kind of programms for over an year and then you're able to code and learn things for your new codes on the flow.

READING TUTORIAL:

1. READ MY POST
    2. THINK ABOUT MY POST
    3. PRESS THANKS
    4. MAYBE CORRECT MY POSTS :P

Dijkstra:
    "Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
    telescopes."

THANKS BUTTON RIGHT DOWN --->

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by 은조 View Post

I know all 2 million english words, all grammar, sentence stucture, etc. English is a language after all !!
    lol, English has a little over 600,000 not 2 million. Your English teacher screwed you over. lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    about 30 secs with a Russian brain usb cord and computer learning on your own awhile maybe

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by rpj View Post
    about 30 secs with a Russian brain usb cord and computer learning on your own awhile maybe
    computer lacks logic, sorry.

There's a few things in life that require train, and programming is one of things. Which makes us learn over time.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post

s long as you want it to, if your intellectual enough with a good grasp on logic (the overall fundamental of development) then you can probably learn what you need to learn to be proficient in a few months, if your lazy and look for the easiest way to learn, and C&P as much as possible to save you time and the need to learn something that looks difficult, then you will never learn.

^^THIS^^

I was beginning to think no-one else was willing to get knee-deep in it. I love finding out new shit, which is why I really like going somewhere like VBforums (I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as adv) because they post solutions with methods I would never have thought about or found just by self teaching, so I make the effort to grasp the concepts, do some googling, get familiar with it and store it away in my brain for later use. I don't think I'm a particularly fast learrner, I'm just very curious about programming and how all of it comes together! Especially if I frequently see repetition of the same functions over and over I'll just be like "right, better find out what the fuck that means or I'm going to look foolish".

I agree with Rich, I found the best way for me to learn was definitely not book-learning or tutorial following, it just wasn't for me. Actually creating an app I'd thought out was a much bigger motivation that finishing a chapter in a 4 million page book on VB. Sure, references to books are nice for technical aspects but I just find them to be massive motivation killers.

Wow, what a long and overly pointless post. My apologies, 1:57am and I really should be in bed.

- Goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S. Anderson
    There are only two things to come out of Berkley, Unix and LSD,
    and I don’t think this is a coincidence
    You can win the rat race,
    But you're still nothing but a fucking RAT.

++Latest Projects++
    [Open Source] Injection Library
    Simple PE Cipher
    FilthyHooker - Simple Hooking Class
    CLR Injector - Inject .NET dlls with ease
    Simple Injection - An in-depth look
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason For This Useful Post:

Hassan (11-10-2010),Hell_Demon (11-10-2010),Void (11-10-2010),why06 (11-10-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

^^THIS^^

I was beginning to think no-one else was willing to get knee-deep in it. I love finding out new shit, which is why I really like going somewhere like VBforums (I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as adv) because they post solutions with methods I would never have thought about or found just by self teaching, so I make the effort to grasp the concepts, do some googling, get familiar with it and store it away in my brain for later use. I don't think I'm a particularly fast learrner, I'm just very curious about programming and how all of it comes together! Especially if I frequently see repetition of the same functions over and over I'll just be like "right, better find out what the fuck that means or I'm going to look foolish".

I agree with Rich, I found the best way for me to learn was definitely not book-learning or tutorial following, it just wasn't for me. Actually creating an app I'd thought out was a much bigger motivation that finishing a chapter in a 4 million page book on VB. Sure, references to books are nice for technical aspects but I just find them to be massive motivation killers.

Wow, what a long and overly pointless post. My apologies, 1:57am and I really should be in bed.

- Goodnight.
    tldr, but it has empty lines and an apology at the end so it's got to be good!
    I suggest for the OP to read this!
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12